Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

Fiery 350 crash- driver killed himself, others

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 08:39 PM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Renesis
And ChicagoX, this is not the same as terrorism... the terrorist sacrifice themselves to kill others but this guy didn't necessarily intend to kill himself and others.
Regardless of intent, you said "any human beings", and he didn't care whether he killed or not, considering the choices.

What about the drunk driver who plows into a busload of nuns? He made the choice to drink and drive. Does he deserve respect too?

My point is, he deserves as much sympathy as the above mentioned. The families on both sides are a different story.

Old 11-27-2005, 08:46 PM
Heavenly Chesticles
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Racing for money...the completely avoidable tragedy was pre-meditated. When I first read the original threads that part just turned my stomach.

Still, that doesn't change that I happen to be a compassionate person and as such this dead very young kid has my sympathy. And even though I think the police should possibly isssue citations for some of the other participants by their own words they were somewhat complicitous, I also sympathize with the plea that they only wished to let others know of the death in the threads they started and not to debate the obvious.

Imagine the family shattered and reaching out to people as one might do with an obituary in a newpaper and suddenly their phone is ringing. It isn't the people who have a right to be angry with their dead child's actions and thus with them as parents perhaps but instead it is a swarming hornet's nest of angry car forum chatters. They just needed to get the word out and they knew people on the Z Forums might have met their friend. Suddenly facing his death is not punishment enough for having been his friend? The kid should be held up as a bastion of human worthlessness with no sympathy?

Old 11-27-2005, 08:46 PM
I already restated like twice that I am saying the idiotic behaviour should not be tolerated. I am just getting the feeling that this thread is/will turn into a "keep flaming that guy" kinda thing and I just hope it doesnt happen. I didnt point it towards you Texan1... It is the DECISION if I have to spell it again and again to make myself clear.

Old 11-27-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by lovechild1970
Racing for money...the completely avoidable tragedy was pre-meditated. When I first read the original threads that part just turned my stomach.

Still, that doesn't change that I happen to be a compassionate person and as such this dead very young kid has my sympathy. And even though I think the police should possibly isssue citations for some of the other participants by their own words they were somewhat complicitous, I also sympathize with the plea that they only wished to let others know of the death in the threads they started and not to debate the obvious.

Imagine the family shattered and reaching out to people as one might do with an obituary in a newpaper and suddenly their phone is ringing. It isn't the people who have a right to be angry with their dead child's actions and thus with them as parents perhaps but instead it is a swarming hornet's nest of angry car forum chatters. They just needed to get the word out and they knew people on the Z Forums might have met their friend. Suddenly facing his death is not punishment enough for having been his friend? The kid should be held up as a bastion of human worthlessness with no sympathy?
VERY NICELY SAID..

Old 11-27-2005, 09:06 PM
Premier Member

I feel sorry for all the families involved in the incident.
Wether is was dumb or not doesnt matter, you cant just go back and change the past. I commend the brother by them posting the topic, hopefully it helps prevent others from street racing.

Street Racing accidents happen all the time and most could have been avoided.

And too bad there arent any more sites like this.
http://www.corral.net/Tragedies

How many still think about the 9-11 terrorist attacks on our country? Over 3000 people lost their lives during the tragic events of that day. But most are not aware that nearly 43,000 people lost their lives the following year on the streets and highways of the US, that's about one every 12.5 minutes! NHTSA lists aggressive driving along with drunken driving and racing as significant factor. Car accidents are the leading cause of death for 15 to 20 year olds.

Last edited by GodZilla; 11-27-2005 at 09:23 PM.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:50 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Originally Posted by GodZilla
I feel sorry for all the families involved in the incident.
Wether is was dumb or not doesnt matter, you cant just go back and change the past. I commend the brother by them posting the topic, hopefully it helps prevent others from street racing.

Street Racing accidents happen all the time and most could have been avoided.

And too bad there arent any more sites like this.
http://www.corral.net/Tragedies
Agreed on the corral.net. I used to be a regular on that site since 1999. How about you?

One of the articles on street racing had a street racer kill his mother who was in another vehicle--how bizarre?
http://www.corral.net/Tragedies/Stre...122001-Florida

Last edited by Texan1; 11-27-2005 at 11:45 PM.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:58 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
I feel sorry for everyone. Even the driver the 350Z. I'm sure he wasn't a bad person, he just made a very very very bad mistake and it led to unimaginable.

I'm a big boy and I'll admit it, yes, I've run from the cops once AND I ran a stop light in the process. It was probably 12+ years ago and I had a 94 Z28. A huge group of us would go racing at 1am+ on an empty highway outside of the town I was going to college. I was lined up against a 5.0 and 10+ cars were behind us waiting to run. The 5.0 and I started our run and at about 70mph, I noticed cop wigwags bolting up the shoulder of the highway past the other racers and he had his sights set on us. I had a big lead on 5.0 6+ cars and the 5.0 pulled over and I kept going because I saw the two pull over. 300 yards ahead of me was a red stoplight. I slowed down to about 50mph, veered right onto the shoulder, and went through the red light. The cop didn't pursue me and I don't even know if he noticed me run the red light. I went home and parked the car and waited for the cops to come. They never came. The 5.0 driver got a minor $100 "speeding" ticket since the cop was a nice guy. The 5.0 driver also told the cops everything he knew about me (first name, make/model of car, etc) and I don't blame him one bit for it either. The cops never came though.

That little stunt goes down in my life as the absolute dumbest thing I've ever done in my life and there's absolutely nothing that makes me proud about it. Say what you want, I won't argue with you. It scared me to know I was even capable of doing such a thing. I could of hurt someone, hurt myself, or wrecked my car. I wasn't even thinking when it happened, I just kept going. I had a perfect driving record and had never been in trouble with the law. That night I decided that was the end of my street racing career.

People make really bad choices in certain situations, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're a bad person. I have a feeling this kid in the Z did the same exact thing I did. I got extremely lucky and learned my lesson. He on the otherhand paid with his life and worse, took someone with him.

Old 11-28-2005, 07:52 PM
i'm glad this piece of garbage died. i feel horrible for the family of the person in the van that was killed, but i could care less about the idiot Z driver. his friend telling people to stop leaving "dumbass comments" on the Z forum should have also been in the car with him.

i'd love to see a picture of the car though! what an amazing display of fireworks that probably was!

Old 11-28-2005, 10:41 PM
not to mention the driver of the other car racing will probably be charged with manslaughter for his participation in the event. and the police crack down on "cruising" or any car type of event in the area.
I myself have a lengthy court record for street racing, years ago i grew up and found out racing at a track was more rewarding.
any so called street racers should check out http://www.rasr.info/ most of these guys/gals are former street racers helping to get people to the tracks

Old 12-03-2005, 11:55 AM
I found this comment nice from the guys friend
"We were headed back to the suburbs where I live, and he was speeding when the cop clocked him(87mph i believe). I was doing about 50, was pretty far behind but I saw the cop way before aj passed him. I called aj to let him know and he didnt pick up, the cop busted a u and aj floored it. It was one thing he was good at, he was always able to find himself out of a situation like that."

It was not his first time running from the police, seriously I have been on the scene of a lot of these accidents due to dumbasses. ****, if you do the crime do the time.

Many innocent people are killed because some turd takes of running instead of being a man and getting a ticket or loosing his license...

What is worse when you have to deal or see the victims family when you break the news to them.

Old 12-11-2005, 11:57 AM
Banned
he was just a kid.doing what kids do. dont tell me no one ever street raced before, especially if your in college and you have a brand new sports car. tellling a kid not to race his sports car is like telling him not to drink at a party. its not going to happen. even when you 1st got in to your brand new G. dont tell me you didnt floor it, at least once, heading home from the dealership.dont give him crap for street racing.you got to expect racers to be on this forum. some of us bought the car to play with not just to drive from point a-b.
every one makes mistakes, but he paid the ultimate price.

Old 12-11-2005, 11:50 PM
lexus is right and i agree completely. this is tragic all the way around and what's been done has been done. There is a reason why really young people shouldn't be in outrageous sports cars and I'm very glad NOW that my first car from my parents was a $500 Chevy Celebrity sedan with a 98 hp V6. I worked all the stupid out of my system before working my way up the financial ladder and getting myself into a G35. When I first got the G35 I was 20 and I did some stupid stuff with it and did 120 mph on the highway once but as I mature (I'm 21 now ), I no longer feel the urge to act so insane with the car.. every now and again, I might go a little fast on the highway but I hung up my need for racing and speeding on non-highway streets long ago. Let's learn from this and remember to apply this lesson to your children's first car when they want a sports car!

Old 12-12-2005, 03:28 PM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Killerlexus:

I see your point, and most folks have probably done it. (Streetrace, not run from the cops.)

At any point, he could have stopped and taken the ticket like a man instead of running like a coward.

Do not make the mistake thinking this was an isolated event, however; his amigo-in-crime posted that "he was always good at getting out of these situations.."

Getting out of these situations... now let that sink in for a moment. He was adept at running from the cops. From repeated attempts. He was a coward on more than one occasion.

He did pay the ultimate price. Innocent? Not by a long shot. He is 100% a willful criminal and responsible for the deaths of others.

Originally Posted by killerlexus
he was just a kid.doing what kids do. dont tell me no one ever street raced before, especially if your in college and you have a brand new sports car. tellling a kid not to race his sports car is like telling him not to drink at a party. its not going to happen. even when you 1st got in to your brand new G. dont tell me you didnt floor it, at least once, heading home from the dealership.dont give him crap for street racing.you got to expect racers to be on this forum. some of us bought the car to play with not just to drive from point a-b.

Old 12-12-2005, 03:32 PM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Originally Posted by JGFox
Let's learn from this and remember to apply this lesson to your children's first car when they want a sports car!

Streetracing deaths have been caused by Honda Civics too.

Don't blame the car. Blame the driver for having a history of running from the cops. If you're going to be an idiot, you will do it with 28 or 280 HP.

Teach your kids some responsibility, and it won't matter what they drive.

(this applies to drinking/drugs/teen pregnancy/violence/etc...)

Old 12-12-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by killerlexus
Street racing? Nah more like street posing. "Street racing" usually is won by the driver who is the most idiotic ie. takes the most chances. Take it to the track.

Putting that aside, I just don't see how anyone can have any sympathy for this kid. He was breaking the law and risked the lives of the general public and the officer who was in pursuit. Not only that he ends up taking an innocent life. If anything my sympathy goes to his family and the family of the victim.

Ask yourself this, if a bank robber was evading police and hit and killed an innocent bystander. Would you just say "Oh, that is just what bank robbers do"?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fiery 350 crash- driver killed himself, others