Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

Fiery 350 crash- driver killed himself, others

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 12:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
Streetracing deaths have been caused by Honda Civics too.

Don't blame the car. Blame the driver for having a history of running from the cops. If you're going to be an idiot, you will do it with 28 or 280 HP.

Teach your kids some responsibility, and it won't matter what they drive.

(this applies to drinking/drugs/teen pregnancy/violence/etc...)
Stock vs Stock, the sports car is more likely to get you into trouble than the Honda Civic will. I'm not saying what he did was right or excusable because he lost his life. It's clearly wrong. Even so, I sincerely doubt he'd have been able to outrun the cops with 115 lbs of torque in the high rpms.

Old 12-15-2005, 10:38 AM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JGFox
Stock vs Stock, the sports car is more likely to get you into trouble than the Honda Civic will. I'm not saying what he did was right or excusable because he lost his life. It's clearly wrong. Even so, I sincerely doubt he'd have been able to outrun the cops with 115 lbs of torque in the high rpms.
......and he wasn't able to run with 287hp either. A van with a family stopped him. Dead.

You get yourself in trouble. Not your car.

People shoot people. The gun dosen't do it by itself.

Don't blame inanimate objects for the actions of people. Take responsibility.

What if the driver of the van had been drinking, killed this kid, and run from the cops. We all would be calling for the lynch mob. The decision the kid made, to endanger others, was no different.

Your argument is typical of those who blame everyone but themselves. McDonalds made me fat. The gun manufacturers killed those kids at Columbine. The government needs to pay for my 8 children.

Wake up.

Old 12-15-2005, 12:07 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteNJ
Putting that aside, I just don't see how anyone can have any sympathy for this kid. He was breaking the law and risked the lives of the general public and the officer who was in pursuit. Not only that he ends up taking an innocent life. If anything my sympathy goes to his family and the family of the victim.
People make really bad choices and it doesn't necessarily mean they're a bad person. We're all guilty of making really bad choices from time to time and sometimes the unlikely consequence occurs. He made a really bad and cowardly choice, but I don't think his intention was to hurt anyone and I don't think he was a bad person at heart. We were all young once and many of us made really stupid choices. Whether it be drag racing, running from cops, reckless driving (25mph over the limit), underage drinking, drunk driving, illegal drugs, etc. Most of us got lucky and nothing bad happened. I'm guilty of ALL of those, but I'm a completely different person than I was over 10 years ago. I'm not saying any of these things are right and without consequence, but I'm pretty certain 95% of the people on this site are guilty of one or more of the crimes I listed though most of them were never caught.

Originally Posted by JGFox
I agree the Civic has significantly slower acceleration potential, but I can still do over 110mph and it's more than capable of generating over 80mph on a city street within 800 feet. Any car generates more than enough speed to kill in a wreck over 30mph, whether it be a 110hp Civic, 280hp G35, or 500hp Viper. With high performance cars, I see the problem more so with the driver getting in over their head quickly. The most common problems are oversteer or outdriving the brakes. Most of the time the car typically goes off the road and it's a single car accident, not multiple.

Old 12-15-2005, 01:34 PM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Originally Posted by DaveB
People make really bad choices and it doesn't necessarily mean they're a bad person. We're all guilty of making really bad choices from time to time and sometimes the unlikely consequence occurs. He made a really bad and cowardly choice, but I don't think his intention was to hurt anyone and I don't think he was a bad person at heart. We were all young once and many of us made really stupid choices.
Please stop comparing what some of us may have done once to this waste running from the cops repeatedly. He was a coward, and lives were lost. He could have stopped and taken his lumps the first or fifth time, but he didn't.

Old 12-15-2005, 03:02 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Please stop comparing what some of us may have done once to this waste running from the cops repeatedly. He was a coward, and lives were lost. He could have stopped and taken his lumps the first or fifth time, but he didn't.
We don't know how many times this guy ran from the police and even his friend's statement of "the cop busted a u and aj floored it. It was one thing he was good at, he was always able to find himself out of a situation like that." It's left up to interpretation. There are lots of people that run from the cops whether it be a gathering of people/cars for a drag race, under age party with alcohol, a fight, etc. We have no idea what his friend was really alluding to. Was he saying Aj constantly ran from the cops or was Aj just good at getting himself out of trouble with the law which could mean a ton of things. Hell, the cop didn't even turn on his hog lights until the wreck occured. To me that suggests there was either a sale at Krispy Kreme dounts or Aj really wasn't being persued by the police yet. Aj's actions were completely wrong, but according to the news story and witness accounts, he was drag racing and wasn't running from the police.

You asked for opinions on the situation. You got mine.

Old 01-04-2006, 04:56 PM
Banned
i feel bad for his parents and family and the family of the other person lost. While I've ran from the cops myself in my evo numerous times, I still think its stupid. I hate to sound like a hypocrite and i know thats exactly what i sound like but with 380whp i ran from the police probably around 6-8 times and never was caught, never had a close call or anything and almost every time i was doing between 140mph and 160mph. I'm glad to get the g35 coupe now because since I know its not nearly fast enough to run from the police i wont ever do it again. The times i ran from cops in the evo were when i was caught by laser already doing 80-90 mph on the highway by a stationary cop. i would then usually jump in the HOV and do crazy speeds and get off at the nearest exit and just make a few turns and dissapear, but dont get me wrong i could have killed myself, passengers, or others every time. i know it sounds dumb to say i wont run cuz this car is slower but I think i dont want to run anymore anyway because the adrenaline I get each time makes me kind of nervous and thats the last feeling i want at speeds in excess of 120mph.

Old 02-20-2006, 06:11 AM
I know this is an older thread but I feel the need to add one last remark.

If you take a look at this kid’s Myspace

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=10843157

and start reading some of the comments you will see that it seems as though drifting in traffic and blowing stop signs were two of his personal calling cards.

I am not going to judge him because that is not fair to all involved. What I do find disturbing, and this is something more noticeable on the myspace page, is that wreckless driving is the thing most of these people seem to remember him by. Comments like “ill miss seeing that thing pcik me up for school and u blow every single stop sign cuz we'd always be late...”. I find it to be a sad indicator of what is cool nowadays that these kids can lose their friend to something senseless like this and instead of realizing that this sort of behavior is dangerous and unreasonable, they applaud the unfortunate lad and lament never again being able to participate in the very behavior that caused his passing!

It doesn’t matter how well this kid could drive, as his friends kept mentioning. The #1 best driving skill on the face of the planet, bar none, is maturity. I sincerely hope that everyone will remember that every time they get behind the wheel.

Old 02-22-2006, 11:11 PM
......and he wasn't able to run with 287hp either. A van with a family stopped him. Dead.

You get yourself in trouble. Not your car.

People shoot people. The gun dosen't do it by itself.

Don't blame inanimate objects for the actions of people. Take responsibility.

What if the driver of the van had been drinking, killed this kid, and run from the cops. We all would be calling for the lynch mob. The decision the kid made, to endanger others, was no different.

Your argument is typical of those who blame everyone but themselves. McDonalds made me fat. The gun manufacturers killed those kids at Columbine. The government needs to pay for my 8 children.

Wake up.
lol.. I forgot I even posted in this thread. I wasn't defending his actions but putting that type of horsepower in the hands of someone who is not mature enough to handle it is acting as an enabler for bad behavior.. If anyone is to blame (outside of the kid for ending his own life and someone else's), it's the parents for not using proper foresight into what might happen when you put an 18 year old in a 350z. With all that said, I'm still not justifying what he did...

Someone else mentioned that he could do 110 mph in a Honda Civic as well... this is true. My thoughts when I considered putting him in a Civic as opposed to a 350z were simply that the acceleration in a (stock) Honda Civic wouldn't promote street racing as much because of the strong likelihood that it would obviously lose. If you mod the Civic then of course that becomes null. I say this from experience as my first car when I was 18 was a 1986 Chevy Celebrity sedan with a speedometer that topped out at 85 mph. That car couldn't get out of it's own way and as much as I beat it to death and constantly pushed it to it's horsepower limits, there just wasn't the power to give. It eventually worked itself out of my system and here I am with a G35x.

Last edited by JGFox; 02-22-2006 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Old 05-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by lovechild1970
In answer to your question I have great sympathy for the kid, he is dead afterall. I believe there is one life and his is done and may he rest in peace.

The people who didn't want the comments in the car forum threads already know that he did the stupidest thing ever and that car enthusiasts will only be more eloquent than most in describing the level of stupid. His parents also know that they are the stupidest, sorriest parents this holiday season. The other family of the poor van driver has probably already been contacted by the stupid kid's stupid insurance company and found that the limits of his stupid policy will probably not come close to feeling as good as if they could bring him back to life only to pound his stupid face into the ground in front of the people who loved him most so that their pain could exceed theirs. His friends already know that they lost their most beloved stupid friend who was cool enough and stupid enough to die doing just about the stupidest thing that I think I have ever heard told knowing what I know as a car enthusiast. Well, except for one other time when the dead kid with the blood alcohol level slightly higher than top end speed of the Camero ended his life stupidly in my brother's lawn in front of five young children and an innocent tree which also happened to be the last thing that went through his stupid brain.

So I guess all they were saying is we know the obvious, the known publicly recorded facts alone are almost too stupid to bear, please can you help us to get through this stupid senseless loss that is going to haunt some of us until the day that we expire from this life?
LOLOLOL AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA OMFG IM CRYING

Old 01-20-2010, 09:36 PM
thats just the every day life we live in... and i doubt there is much we could do about it.. but just prevent and protect...

Old 04-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Banned
stupid kid

don't run from cops you will never get away