Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

Click From Pedal When Releasing Clutch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 08:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When my car was doing it, it sounded for all the world like it was coming from inside the bellhousing. and I'm out of warranty.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Damonb10

Those are exactly the parts I was talking about. The "pivot pin" held in by a cotter pin is sort of gold colored in my setup, i rotated it a bunch odf times too as well as lubed it, so maybe get back under and spin it about 5,6 times if pop comes back, did same thing with main spring which is way up under. Mine still has not popped or clicked yet.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I'm experience the same issue here
https://g35driver.com/forums/drivetrain/162345-click-when-clutch-disengage.html

Can anyone provide a picture as to what was suppose to adjust and lubricant?

Thanks

Old 07-19-2007, 03:30 PM
I just printed this out and gave it to my team leader for him to try it on his car to see just how easy it actually is and to try and note it to techline in order to make a bulletin out of it. Even though its a longshot its still better than not being able to hear it at times or fix it. Good find.

Old 07-19-2007, 03:41 PM
I thought I'd give an update to the fix. I still haven't heard a single click since I sprayed some silicon based lubricant on the "helper" spring and the pivot pin that lekker_droom said he did. So, that appears to have taken care of it.

If I were to guess where the noise was coming from, I'd say it is from the spring slightly binding itself every once in a while. So, spraying some lubricant on there allows it to slide more freely on it's guides.

Old 07-19-2007, 04:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I will definitely have to try this, but it's summer time, it's freaking hot outside and I don't have a garage, so I'll wait 'til winter. I can live with the clutch thump for a little while longer.

Last edited by superb16; 07-19-2007 at 05:02 PM.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:05 PM
i still dont really understand which pin and pivot stuff you guys are referring to. can i get some snapshots of what you guys are talking about?

when i let off my clutch its more of a "benign creaking noise." and you can feel it through the sole of your shoe. It happens when letting off the clutch whether you're in gear, or not, whether the car is on, or off.

you guys think its the same thing?

Old 07-20-2007, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by Infinite_636
i still dont really understand which pin and pivot stuff you guys are referring to. can i get some snapshots of what you guys are talking about?

when i let off my clutch its more of a "benign creaking noise." and you can feel it through the sole of your shoe. It happens when letting off the clutch whether you're in gear, or not, whether the car is on, or off.

you guys think its the same thing?
No, I have the "creak" or "squeak" too. Different noise. This is a distinct "pop" or "click" as the pedal comes up off the floor.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:48 AM
OMG ! this thread needs to be stickied somewhere. i've had my pedal replaced twice b/c of this annoying piece of turd.. and it keeps coming back. my dealership now says it's normal b/c other cars are doing it and they don't want to touch it anymore. i had a look around as per instructions in this thread and it now seems fixed. took me only a few minutes and 1 dirty white shirt.. but i really think it's fixed! thanks a bundle.

Old 08-25-2007, 09:44 PM
You know I found this thread because of something similar. Almost like a lid was being closed or what I would call a "pop". It does it most of my shifts, especially 1-2, 2-3, 3-4. I'll check this out when I get a chance to see if it works for the 07 as well.

Old 09-03-2007, 04:08 AM
Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
ok, whoever said they were gonna post some pics better post them...

Old 09-30-2007, 10:41 PM
thanks to whomever started this thread and to those that've posted a solution...I've had this annoying clicking for about 4 months now on an '05 and the dealer thinks I'm insane suggesting I turn up the radio.

Infiniti service sucks if you ask me.

will give it a shot and post my experience.

thanks.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:35 PM
any dealers confirm this issue yet? TSB on the way yet?

Old 10-03-2007, 03:48 PM
I took it in this morning to have the clicking looked at, here's the work order:

Click From Pedal When Releasing Clutch-workorder.jpg

I will keep you guys updated...

Old 10-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by Mod Friendly
I just printed this out and gave it to my team leader for him to try it on his car to see just how easy it actually is and to try and note it to techline in order to make a bulletin out of it. Even though its a longshot its still better than not being able to hear it at times or fix it. Good find.
I just called Coconut Creek Infiniti and nobody there is aware of this problem. Jose, are you sure you printed this out and gave it to a team leader? What was their name? Maybe they just threw it in the trash? Please, we need an official solution to this.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Click From Pedal When Releasing Clutch