Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

Another "Which Clutch" question....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 02:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another "Which Clutch" question....

Hey fellas,

Soooo.....

Unfortunately I am in the market of looking for a new clutch and (as always) i am looking for suggestions. About 2-3 years ago i was in this same position after buying it used with 40k and i went with a JWT (without changing the existing flywheel) and it had lasted me about 50-60k miles (not sure if this is the typical lifespan or not). The total cost was approx $900 with the install. I never did any tracking, just a bit of fun here and there on the highway.

Now I'm looking for something along the same range of performance as the JWT, that may be a bit more durable and will provide greater longevity (obviously depending on driving style) with a good flywheel (preferably with the least amount of chatter). Does any one have any combo suggestions?

I was also thinking about going the JWT route again with the thought that it could of been possible that i decreased the life of the JWT clutch by not changing the OEM used flywheel at the same time. Is this correct? Would I be better off going the same route but doing it right with the new flywheel?

Any input anyone is able to provide would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Any aftermarket flywheel will cause chatter. If you don't like the added noise stick the with the stock flywheel. As far as clutch goes, you can contact JWT and just purchase a disk. No need to get a new pressure plate since you have already made the investment. If you want a bit more bite, you can get the Z1 6 puck and just throw it in, no need to resurface the flywheel with a 6 puck.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Agreed. I put in the Jim Wolf Technology Clutch pack (Clutch disc, Pressure Plate, Light Weight flywheel, Throw out bearing, SS clutch line, pivot bearing, and alignment tool). I love this clutch. It should last me forever. However, I should have used the factory "dual mass" flywheel. I do like the light weight flywheel (engine reves faster), but it does make noise at idle. I got the whole package for less than $800 a couple of years ago, it's may have gone up a bit since then.

I would suggest you order from www.importpartspro.com Kyle will fix you up. He is a vendor here.

Here is the thread: https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...-shipping.html