Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

***GTM Spec Exedy twin-disk clutch review***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
***GTM Spec Exedy twin-disk clutch review***

Hello,

So, I’ve had the clutch for one week and can say that it’s not a bad performance item. I’ve driven the clutch a total of 1,900 miles (drove from California to Arkansas) and didn’t have any issues.
The first 100+ miles of driving while still staying in California, were not great. I did stall a number of times because the “original stock” feel was not where the original pedal nor stage 1 let off at. After properly breaking it in during the actual trip across country, I’ve probably stalled once or twice.
The feel when driving normal is smoother than the stock or stage 1, which is hard to explain because it doesn’t feel like you’re doing a lot to get it into gear and you don’t really feel anything under normal load, somehow it just flows. When you do give it gas under load, you can feel/hear the boom of it getting into gear.
Comparing this clutch to the OS Giken twin (in a 1995 R33 Skyline GT-R) it’s a lot easier to drive. I can’t compare the OS twin in a rear wheel drive car but I don’t think the feeling would be too different.
Overall it’s a good clutch, just a pain in the rear when stopping up a steep grade. It will be a good/great upgrade if you need one that will hold more than 380WHP and 380 LBS/T and have decent street-ability.
I will be driving to Kingsville, Tx., if I see or feel anything that is different from what I've already stated, I will post an update.