Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

Master to Slave Cylinder Complete SS Clutch Line Conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 11:49 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Master to Slave Cylinder Complete SS Clutch Line Conversion

I've done a good amount of research on replacing my oem rubber clutch line section with an ss line, and then I came across this-
http://www.chasebays.com/brands/chas...--infiniti-g35

It replaces the entire oem clutch line, from the master to the slave cylinder with a one piece stainless steel line. I havn't found much info on the advantages/disadvantages to this upgrade vs. just replacing the rubber section from the hard line to the slave cyl on our cars specifically.
The only info I've really came up with is it makes bleeding the clutch a lot easier, but by eliminating the hardlines the whole line is now flexible which could be an issue if not mounted and secured properly. Am I missing anything?
For the minimal price difference and hearing how much of a pita it can be to bleed the clutch on our cars Im thinking about going this route. Has anyone else looked into this or used one on their g?

Old 01-23-2015, 02:16 AM
I went ahead and ordered and installed it last weekend, it seems like a good quality part and it works great. It replaces the entire hardline in the pic and the rubber line that goes to the slave. It's a pretty straight foward install, for anyone else thinking about buying Id recommend it for sure

Old 01-24-2015, 03:09 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
How did the clutch bleeding go? I have a messed up fitting on the hardline going toward the slave cylinder. Might have to consider this. Did you do any special mounting for it? Or just basically zip tie it?

Old 01-26-2015, 03:01 AM
It made bleeding the clutch ALOT easier, took maybe 15 mins. I actually used a couple of the mounts from the oem hardlines, just repositioned them. The only ziptie I used was at the bottom close to where the oem hardline ends, just to make the line more secure.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:04 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Did you do the pump the clutch method or bleed from the slave cylinder up? Hopefully with temperature changes their isn't any change in pressure. Only thing I can think of off the top of my head that might be a future issue. Also, did clutch engagement seem to get better? Thanks man !

Old 01-31-2015, 09:04 PM
I just did it the old school way, pumped the clutch and used the bleeder valve on the slave cylinder. As far a clutch feel, I didn't really notice much difference. I'm guessing the spring assisted clutch pedal pretty much eliminates any difference Id notice if there was any though. Thats the next thing I plan on making a change to actually

Old 01-31-2015, 10:56 PM
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
as far as the hard line goes there is no benefit to it other than being able to route it where you would like.
the soft line however is good when you upgrade your clutch from stock to a heavier pressure plate and will cause flex in the rubber hose. so its good to swap to a braided line to help eliminate the flex.

you did delete a connection which is a possible leak point which is good, and you made your engine bay cleaner which is also good. at the price of 64$ its not a bad upgrade to consider if you have an aftermarket clutch or are having line issues.