DIY: Clutch Pedal Remedy

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Old 07-22-2007, 06:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think the seller respects anyone trying to overcharge for this mod. You really think the D-Wolf Kit is that more "engineered and researched" than the home depot fix? How does D-Wolf's piece attach? Double sided tape, only difference is his is probably a small piece of CND'd metal.

Originally Posted by myG35ZX
Not neccessarily true. The alternative may or may not have the same reduction in travel. If it reduces it too much, the engagement could be effected. If the second stop is not properly mated to the primary than the switch could be damaged. It is a very simple fix that can be copied, but that is not the point. The point is that Yume could have presented his copy in a more respectful manner. There are many things that could be copied. Some people prefer to have a "kit" or ready made product. Some prefer to make a home depot special. Pay $45 and in just 60 seconds the issue is resolved. Or spend ~ $6 and ~ an hour (driving time, buying time, driving time, assembly...) for a similar solution.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:54 PM
Bravo, Yume. I copied your post over to my350z's drivetrain DIY section. Hope you don't mind. Thanks for taking the time to help out the community. http://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4114621

Old 07-22-2007, 07:56 PM
"Overcharged" to you. Actually, yes it is more "engineered" and far more researched than the DYI parts. The kit actually had R&D, the DYI had R&D also, but stands for replicate and duplicate. While the price may be high to some, the finished product is not hobbled together AND was created not copied. Again, I'm not saying copying the kit is wrong (numerous people copy various items on this board from body kits to turbo kits), what is wrong is the slap in the face the inventor is getting. Do you think he should not be rewarded for creating something that for five years no else has implemented/"engineered"?

Old 07-22-2007, 11:20 PM
If that were the case, there would be plenty of DIY stuff that we'd be paying for in the Z/G community.

The penny-hatch trick being one of them. I don't recall the inventor of that asking for $45 for such a simple fix.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:04 AM
ON
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by myG35ZX
Yume, so you already new how to cure the high clutch release? That is what the fees were for. It's one thing to say, "You could buy the D-wolf kit for $45 or you could get similar, not identicle, results by doing the following... for ~$6 and more time". And another thing to say, "The guy is ripping all of members off! Do this instead. " I'm not saying that what you did is wrong, but how you are presenting it is. If the solution was so easy, why didn't you create it? He had an idea, created the solution and sold it. Wow! Capitalism at work.

There are many items we all could simply copy or get for free, but the solution would have never been created. Again, I'm not saying what you did is wrong, but atleast give him credit for solving the issue and finding a solution that you then copied and bashed him for.
well i did give him props for it

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...41#post2141641

just read, it's somewhere in there.

Please read FenixL1P post in this thread as well (post #39)

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...99#post2141699

Don't you think it would of been better the creator would've posted his idea first and then only if people cannot make it, then it would be ok to market it and sell it to people? I think that's the best way to do it.

I may have offended some people by posting what i did...especially Andy. I know he'll be reading this eventually, so I want to apologize Andy for "bashing" you. No sarcasm intended. IMHO i feel that if you are able to be chosen as a moderator, you must have earned a lot of respect from people on the forum by HELPING them out. I just felt that you should've not promoted such an item that put so much secrecy on it (as mention by FenixL1P), because the only obvious reason for that much secrecy is that someone is trying to make some money. So anyways, i'll just leave it at that. I'm sorry that I offended you Andy. I hope we never have this type of issue again.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:10 AM
ON
Originally Posted by Conceyted
Bravo, Yume. I copied your post over to my350z's drivetrain DIY section. Hope you don't mind. Thanks for taking the time to help out the community. http://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4114621
No problem Conceyted. I applaud you and those that stood up to those that criticized you over on My350Z. Glad we can help each other out on this issue.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:26 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Great DIY, a suggestion to improve this mod would be to use the 3m body molding double sided tape instead, its much stickier and will hold for longer than that "heavy duty" tape in my experience. It will make sure the spacers stay longer just in case

Old 07-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yume,

I hold no ill feelings towards you. And as such, I trust that everyone will move beyond all of this.

In my younger years, as a mechanical and architectural designer . . . Many of my designs/conceptual ideas had been taken/stolen from me, which left me without my fees and credit for future consideration. I may have been much too trusting in those earlier years. Now, I am a bit more guarded until either a letter of intent or a contract has entered my hands prior to delivering the full content of my ideas.

Hence, I was very passionate about guarding this particular application, aside from the note with regard to privacy that was included in the kit . . . Which I assumed that everyone also received.

Having said that . . . No, I hold no grudges. As I had stated earlier, it was simply a matter of time before the cat was let out of the bag. If it hadn't been yourself, someone would have eventually shared this idea.

I trust that in the long run, that Terry (RedondoG), will have the satisfaction of knowing that he did ultimately help many people resolve an issue, which is quite bothersome to many of us . . . And that alone would be plenty of compensation in itself.

Other than that, I hope this DIY proves to be very productive for the masses.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:14 PM
Yume, you are the man. Saw the write-up and my350z.com.

I did it with 10 nickels. 7 for longer and 3 for shorter one. Wrapped them together with electrical tape as i wasn't sure which glue to use.
But Viola, works perfectly!

That beats everyone's $6 mod, when I did it for 50 cents :P

Old 07-24-2007, 03:32 PM
ON
Originally Posted by XuperXero
Yume, you are the man. Saw the write-up and my350z.com.

I did it with 10 nickels. 7 for longer and 3 for shorter one. Wrapped them together with electrical tape as i wasn't sure which glue to use.
But Viola, works perfectly!

That beats everyone's $6 mod, when I did it for 50 cents :P
Cool! Thanks XuperXero for confirming that!

Old 07-24-2007, 06:22 PM
Wow thanks! I'm going to go and give it some work this evening.

+1 to someone out to benefit the community instead of saying "hey, I've got instructions for you if you'll pay me $20".

Thanks for showing what these forums are really about.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:30 PM
after reading the thread on my350z it seems that THETECH deceived everyone by saying it was not as Blasian had stated...

very disconcerting.

Old 07-24-2007, 07:33 PM
If anyone is worried about the clutch not fully disengaging, just use 6 nickels instead. You'll still get most of the benefit of the mod with a little bit of extra insurance.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:04 PM
Cool

Wow!

I did this the second week I owned my car back in 2004.

If you could search back that far, you would find my post.

Comming from BMW's, I was used to the excess travel at the bottom.
BMW owners usually install a pedal stop on the floor to get the same results.

I used a couple of felt chair leg pads stuck together.

I guess I should have packaged them and sold it to you guys for $40.00.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by Brando
Wow!

I did this the second week I owned my car back in 2004.

If you could search back that far, you would find my post.

Comming from BMW's, I was used to the excess travel at the bottom.
BMW owners usually install a pedal stop on the floor to get the same results.

I used a couple of felt chair leg pads stuck together.

I guess I should have packaged them and sold it to you guys for $40.00.
You were holding out on us all along?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Quick Reply: DIY: Clutch Pedal Remedy