Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

R&D Factory Valve cover Gasket Set

Old 10-23-2016, 08:14 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
So I took off the coil on the number 3 cylinder where the oil was leaking into the tube. Used some RTV around where the tube meets the valve cover. Let it sit for about 24 hours and buttoned it back up. Its been about 1000 miles without a leak. We shall see how long it last. Cost to repair was a tube of RTV. I guess I'm lucky because I have 225,000 miles and the other tubes are dry.

Old 10-25-2016, 02:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R&d factory I bought that kit from you do you know many days it takes for me to get it ?

Old 10-25-2016, 10:00 AM
Vic86, I believe that R & D Factory is out of business. If not let us know.

Old 10-26-2016, 05:34 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by Vic86
R&d factory I bought that kit from you do you know many days it takes for me to get it ?
As a new member you have a responsibility to spend some time reading through the forum before you ask questions like this which could be interpreted as dumb. If you had you probably wouldn't have placed that order.

And if you paid R&D for anything recently I really have my doubts as to your intelligence level. Good luck with that...............

Last edited by Blue Dream; 10-28-2016 at 04:17 AM.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:42 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
lol damn blue telling it like it is. i miss the straight fwdness of this forum without the babying. over at myg37 they really like to baby the members there seems like. everythings gotta be said in a positive manner and **** im getting sick of it there lol

Old 10-27-2016, 10:08 PM
Vic86, Don't worry about those 2 last replies. This forum is for those who know, willing to help those who need help. Yes I agree its important to search and read as much as you can on your topic of need but sometimes ya just don't find the answer. I searched for info on my leaking valve covers and didn't find that they were out of business unitl I sent R&D an email with out a reply back and then searched the net for their telephone number. When I called some other company answered so I assumed they were done. So don't let the 2 other replies intimidate you from asking questions. Hopefully you get your money back or you can disputed the charge with your bank. I'm thankful for this forum and the help it has given me.

Last edited by Acagrill; 10-27-2016 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-28-2016, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by saywat?
lol damn blue telling it like it is. i miss the straight fwdness of this forum without the babying. over at myg37 they really like to baby the members there seems like. everythings gotta be said in a positive manner and **** im getting sick of it there lol
Look I'm not against positive feedback don't get me wrong, I've given out plenty over the years. Hell, I've been "thanked" 1372 times but that doesn't mean tough love shouldn't be a part of this forum. I'm definitely not one of those "participation trophies for everyone" guy, you get what you earn in life, deal...........

Originally Posted by Acagrill
Vic86, Don't worry about those 2 last replies. This forum is for those who know, willing to help those who need help. Yes I agree its important to search and read as much as you can on your topic of need but sometimes ya just don't find the answer. I searched for info on my leaking valve covers and didn't find that they were out of business unitl I sent R&D an email with out a reply back and then searched the net for their telephone number. When I called some other company answered so I assumed they were done. So don't let the 2 other replies intimidate you from asking questions. Hopefully you get your money back or you can disputed the charge with your bank. I'm thankful for this forum and the help it has given me.
Sorry man but you're waaaaaaay off base with this advice. Yes we're here to help and drop knowledge on those who need it. But had Vic read even 5 posts above his he would have known they were out of business. So please don't defend him when he didn't do his due diligence and follow the rules of the forum. You didn't search the internet very hard either because the news of their demise is all over the internet.

You both need to understand, as brand new members, those of us that have been around for what seems forever see the same questions over and over and over again from people that don't even try to bother to look up the info themselves. It wastes valuable space, causes unneeded clutter here not to mention it's one of the freaking forum rules that almost no new member reads any more. So can I be blunt, yes but if you look at the totality of my posts I am usually a very helpful dude. So if either of you decide to start a What's the best intake thread I'll ban you boys like a boss!! (Just kidding of course but hopefully you'll get my point)

Sadly the quality of forum members has been declining for a few years which was expected as prices fall but we have some new members who give us hope that the future's not all doom and gloom and you're one of them so thanks for the majority lol of your input.

Old 10-28-2016, 09:12 AM
Blue Dream, I just thought you were a little ruff on the Vic. I'm no believer for participation awards either and would more likely say " weren't you spanked as a kid" rather than "didn't you get hugged". I do spend hours trying to find info on blogs with problems I have on my car or boat (when I have one). Frankly I missed that R & D was out of business but due to the age of the R & D threads, searching the internet emailing them and calling, I realized they were gone. You are to be praised as Staffer. I'm sure it is very time consuming and thanks for your years of input which creates a database of resolved issues. Going forward I hope to have some helpful input myself. I now have 225,000 miles on my 2005 G35 and am thinking about trying for 300k.

Old 10-28-2016, 09:33 AM

Heard and thanks for the kind words but I'm still here because I love this forum. I've gone to exclusively driving my GTO and have passed the G on to my girlfriend so I get the best of both worlds. I know the G's in good hands and I didn't have to completely let it go. Keep up the good work my man, we just wish more of our newer peeps were like you.

Old 04-18-2017, 03:17 PM
Old 04-18-2017, 04:31 PM
Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts
Now this may be helpful to alot of folks! Thanks!

Old 04-18-2017, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by eazdaskeez
Now this may be helpful to alot of folks! Thanks!
Bear in mind no VAT of 20% for orders shipped outside UK / EU, so the kits are £190 = $239 for orders in USA + shipping.

Old 04-18-2017, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by octet
Bear in mind no VAT of 20% for orders shipped outside UK / EU, so the kits are £190 = $239 for orders in USA + shipping.
More than double the cost of what R&D was offering and nearing the cost of 2 brand new OEM valve covers + gaskets...

Old 06-11-2017, 10:21 PM
Does anyone have the DIY alignment drilling tool? Willing to sell it so I don't have to make my own? Let me know.

Old 07-31-2021, 11:56 AM
Stock
Grommets availability?

Hello, the last post i see is from 2017, are you still selling these?

Thanks

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: R&D Factory Valve cover Gasket Set