Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Exedy OE Clutch and Stillen/Aasco Flywheel Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 06:50 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up Exedy OE Clutch and Stillen/Aasco Flywheel Review

Just figured I'd review this set up for you guys. I've had it on now for over 1000 miles with no issues. And had it done for a great deal under 500 dollars.

So in a word? Fantastic.

The clutch feels a little stronger than stock. And I drive in heavy traffic at times, no stiff pedal issues. The flywheel requires a touch more gas than the stock one in traffic, but it by no means is an issue. Just a touch more gas, nearly unnoticeable. Personally I don't really notice a performance change from the less weight on the flywheel, but I'm sure some part of the drivetrain is happy about it.

The car now does have a little more snarl below 2k rpms when driving. But it's not loud or annoying. At first its very loud, but as it gets broken in it dissipates. The flywheel chatter is nearly stock, rarely does it sound obtrusive. If you're ok with the stock sound this wouldn't be much different. And you only hear it at idle if at all.

All in all, great setup. I'm enjoying it.