Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Crank pulley removal 2006 AT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 08:50 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
congrats on the new ride. Honestly, I'm not a fan of the G37 styling but the drivetrain/ powertrain in those things are a winning combination for sure. They seem a lot more reliable than the old 35DE too. Best of luck!

Old 09-02-2014, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sold the G35

Well after I buy my G37S. I was able to sell the G35. I sold it for a good price. Selling anything is a time expense.

I had several suspects and 2 prospects. The second prospect actually purchased the car.
You should never purchase anything sight unseen and I convinced the second person to come see it in person they were impressed with how clean the car was. Heck even the engine looked new. No corrosion.
The pictures did not do the car justice but seeing it in person even with the front end off it still looked good. Maybe it was that HKS exhaust that sold it

I was sad to see it go. She looked so good sitting on the trailer with the sun shinning down on that silver paint. Snif snif.

Truth be told I was running out of time in the garage I was using and the person who was supposed to come through with the engine hoist went silent on the phone and email front.
I wasn't about to drop $200 for a used engine hoist from Craigslist.

Overall I lost several thousand bucks due to my negligence but learned a great deal at the same time. Next time I will remove the crank bolt first before I do anything else.

I stayed with Infiniti because I never had one issue with my G35.
Yeah the valve covers were leaking oil in my spark plug wells, but I bought replacement covers. I never had the oil consumption issue that had plagued a lot of these cars. I did have a 2006 so I am not sure if it plagued that year of car.
Also truth be told there wasn't any other car out there that held my interest.
I thought about getting me a IS350 but those suckers are expensive!

The Mini Cooper Clubman S had some appeal and I test drove it and almost pulled the trigger. It had some pretty nice get up and go and the utility of the vehicle had my interest since I like going to garage sales. I am a sucker for them and I have to stop at every one I see. The price was substantially less than a G37. But that darn instrument cluster has to be the ugliest invention known the man. I think it rates next to a Yugo in the ugly Dept.

I think anyone who has owned a G35 and moved on to a G37 will agree that there are a lot of pluses to the newer model
I did move from a standard G35 with no navigation, No upgraded stereo and No keyless entry.
It did have those nice 19" inch Sport Ray Wheels
When I was looking for a replacement car for my 94 Ford SHO I had 4 criteria
1. Rear wheel drive
2. Sun roof
3. A spoiler
4. Japanese

I wasn't interested in the electronics so much because I work in the tech industry.
Obsolescence and reliability fade quickly.

My replacement car still had the same criteria
But this time it came with just about everything the G37S offered.
Some people say the S isn't worth it, I would agree to some extent.
But
The brakes are awesome! Just price out how much a big brake upgrade is going to cost you. That should be factored into the purchase price.
The suspension is slightly stiffer and due to the road contractors they hire here in Atlanta they just can't seem to lay a road that is perfectly flat!
The comfort level is slightly improved with the sport seats.
It does come with an LSD. Pretty pricy upgrade if you wanted to go that route
The turning radius is better since these tiny parking lots are a PITA to get out of.
The Sport wheels are nice. I have no need to replace them for an aftermarket set.
I do love the front fascia on the sport 2011. The IPL fascia is really sweet also. But that's 1 grand to replace if you buy a new one. But you can sell your original one for around $300 to $600 bucks.

If you purchased a G37 without the sport package it's still a great car and you should get a good deal on one.
The navigation is a nice to have but our Smart phones GPS work really well.
The Bose stereo is overrated. I am not impressed with it.
The Bluetooth integration is pretty neat.

The 3.7 engine is the same in both the sport and standard so the performance is there. I am impressed with that small of a bump from the 3.5 and the car is a different animal.

The mods are slowly coming in.
1. GTR button
2. LED kit
3. Billet grill
3. Yeah I am going to plastidip it Nebula Red. (Don't kill me)
4. The Stillen Dual Cold Air Intake is coming
5. HKS exhaust with Z1 headers, Z1 Intake and High Flow cats are in the future.

Thanks to everyone who pitched in on this thread. No need for pics everyone already knows what it looks like.

Last edited by NetNinja; 09-02-2014 at 06:09 PM.