Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

New Build daily driver 500 HP

Old 07-25-2016, 08:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Build daily driver 500 HP

Hi guys, im new to the forum, but I have been spending lots of time reading up on a few different things. I recently got a G35 04 coup 6MT, and I wanted to slap a turbo on it. i read the noobs thread and others on here and i had a few questions i wasn't able to find out. let me know if you think this would work or if i should change a few items.
the goal is the get a daily driver but i wanted it to be around 400-500 hp.
i was going to replace the short block with a built short block 81 compression ratio from one of the preordered sites. can i use the heads that come with the original heads (original engine has 90k miles on it), or are there a few parts that i could/should replace?
then i was thinking of a TT from APS (TT so i can reduce turbo lag and get boost quicker) or would a single turbo be a better choice cuz it might be less maintaince. and it would be cheaper?
fuel injectors i was thinking of Deatschwerks 600 cc (is that sufficient or is it too much)?

Thanks guys i really appreciate your opinions.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:58 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Read the info on my350z.com as well, much more information in their FI section that will help you decide on a kit. 600cc injectors will be adequate for 400-450whp. Stock heads can flow fine with upwards of 500hp. I ran stock heads for several years with 500+hp without issues.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:24 AM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
upgraded head bolts and cams would be beneficial as well.

Old 07-26-2016, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm browsing around the my350z site a bit. I still haven't found exactly what I'm looking for just yet. But there is good info on there. I know APR makes good bolts, where can I find good cams?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.