Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

G35 noise like 'diesel'

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 10:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 noise like 'diesel'

Hello, recently noticed strange noise - like my engine isnt petrol, but diesel. It only happens about 1100-1200rpms, and its not constant, it happens randomly. My noise exactly as on video below

(starting at 5 second)

I've replaced GASKET OIL GALL with new one, because old(paper) was in very bad condition, hoping this will fix my noise and lag at 1200-1400rpms while engine at its working temp(after 10-15 mins after i start driving). Any ideas what wrong with engine and where is this sound comes from?

Car: G35X 2007 5-AT

PS: I don't have any errors or check engine signs

Old 12-13-2016, 10:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just started having the same issue last week. I think it's the tensioners but I'm not positive that's just what it sounds like to me. Doesn't explain the inconsistency though.

Old 12-16-2016, 11:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thornton2530
I just started having the same issue last week. I think it's the tensioners but I'm not positive that's just what it sounds like to me. Doesn't explain the inconsistency though.
I've replaced tensiones and chains at first, but that didn't help at all. Some posts said that replaced oil gasket will help, but not in my case.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.