Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Test Pipes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 12:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Test Pipes

Hi, Looking to get some test pipes! Is it worth paying the extra bucks for branded pipes as I have seen some for $64.99 up to $280....As I have the Invidia full cat back, should I get the Invidia test pipes? Or other brands like Z1, Beluga Racing, Kinitix or Megan Racing.....kindly let know if u are running test pipes or members,will good suggestions or opinions..Tks all.
I am Stillen Supercharged and will be getting bigger injectors and an UpRev tune soon..tks

Old 12-23-2016, 10:16 AM
Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts
6 speed G35 sedan
Happy with the Beluga Y-pipe I got, quality seems pretty good. At really low prices there is no way the pipe/welding can be any good so I'd avoid anything really cheap.

Old 12-23-2016, 10:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi bro

[QUOTE=Scottwax;7088662]Happy with the Beluga Y-pipe I got, quality seems pretty good. At really low prices there is no way the pipe/welding can be any good so I'd avoid anything really cheap.[/QUOTE
HI Bro, Tks..So do I have test pipes also? Was looking at the beluga test pipes..tks

Old 12-24-2016, 12:23 AM
6 speed G35 sedan
I don't but considering it. I can't have a CEL here to pass emissions so I'd have to be sure the O2 extenders are sufficient. Might end up having to go with high flow cats.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:41 AM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Would be worth a shot. Click MEEEE

Old 12-24-2016, 11:34 AM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Get art pipes

Old 12-25-2016, 07:52 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
This..........^^^

/thread

Old 12-26-2016, 11:14 PM
6 speed G35 sedan
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
Get art pipes
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
This..........^^^

/thread
Yeah, here good things about them. How much of an improvement are they over high flow cats like the Kinetics? Probably here is I don't have a lift and most shops won't remove catalytic converters.

Old 01-04-2017, 04:15 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
They are different than HFC's because they don't filter out anything but they flow better. However their quality is amazing and they sound intoxicating, where do you live and do you have the knowledge and tools to DIY? Replacing the cats isn't usually hard per se, it can be a pain to get to the top bolt on the cats because you really have to do it from above going through the engine bay which requires patience and a series of ratchet extenders but it's doable. If you live somewhere you have to pass smog, to pass inspections you'll have to switch back to stock cats which can be a pain in the butt if you're doing it every year.

Finally if you go the ART route you're supporting a dear friend of the forum in Tony at Motordyne who has done more for the Nissan/Infiniti performance platform than any other single individual I know of.

Old 01-04-2017, 02:20 PM
6 speed G35 sedan
I was more talking abut the power difference. I know the ART pipes don't contain cats. As long as I don't have a CEL or a pending code, I can pass emissions here. As of right now they don't do a visual. If an O2 extender works, then passing probably isn't an issue.

I've built a small block Chevy, intakes, carbs, torque converters, swapped rear-ends, head changes, 455 into a Cutlass swap so doing the work itself isn't a problem, it's getting to everything. So much less room in engine bays than there used to be. Plus I live in an apartment and they take a dim view of doing work on cars in the parking lot. So sometimes I don't have a choice but to have someone else do the work. Its just finding someone willing to remove functioning catalytic converters.

Old 01-04-2017, 02:23 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by Scottwax
I was more talking abut the power difference. I know the ART pipes don't contain cats. As long as I don't have a CEL or a pending code, I can pass emissions here. As of right now they don't do a visual. If an O2 extender works, then passing probably isn't an issue.

I've built a small block Chevy, intakes, carbs, torque converters, swapped rear-ends, head changes, 455 into a Cutlass swap so doing the work itself isn't a problem, it's getting to everything. So much less room in engine bays than there used to be. Plus I live in an apartment and they take a dim view of doing work on cars in the parking lot. So sometimes I don't have a choice but to have someone else do the work. Its just finding someone willing to remove functioning catalytic converters.
any performance shop will be able to do the work. ART pipes/test pipes arent something you go down to goodyear to have installed. they will fight you tooth and nail

Old 01-04-2017, 07:33 PM
6 speed G35 sedan
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
any performance shop will be able to do the work. ART pipes/test pipes arent something you go down to goodyear to have installed. they will fight you tooth and nail
Oh yeah, I know just a random place won't even consider it. Might use the same person who did my J-pipe on my Accord that got rid of the 3rd cat (although I still have the precats) and see if he'd do it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.