Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

04 g35 coupe auto to manual?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 10:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 g35 coupe auto to manual?

Hello fellow G enthusiasts. I have a 04 g35 coupe and its a 5 speed auto, this summer i plan on doing a swap to a 6mt. Iv done research but haven't found the answers I am looking for. People have already told me, just sell your car and get a manual g35. Heres the thing, a clean manual g35 costs 10k lets say. My G's tranny is slipping in both 1st and 2nd gear, i got offered 3k max for the car. So **** that. My goal is to get a 06+ manual g35 coupe salvaged from the auction as my parts car. I found a guy in my area who said he would charge $700 labor for the install. I heard some horror stories of older trannies grinding gears, and that the 009 transmission is the fix, something about better syncros. My question is, since i have a 04 g35 will 06 or 07 g35 manual transmission be an ideal parts car. Will everything be direct bolt on or is it impossible, really want to turn my G into a manual this summer. If any of you have done this before or have a few tips the feedback would truly be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 03-16-2017, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Have you found the DIY swap thread? Start there and see what might be in your future. I believe it is in the Tech section.

Old 03-16-2017, 11:59 PM
auto to manual

would you have the link to that thread? i cant seem to find it. also interested in auto to manual swap

Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Have you found the DIY swap thread? Start there and see what might be in your future. I believe it is in the Tech section.

Old 03-17-2017, 12:36 AM
https://g35driver.com/forums/drivetr...-6mt-swap.html

heres the swap thread link, i already know how big of a project this is, but that thread has nothing to do with the questions I asked. That thread simply shows you how to do the swap thats it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.