Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Plenum Spacer Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 09:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plenum Spacer Install

Let me start by saying I am not very knowledge about cars and this was one of my first mods other then exhaust.

So I put on my Z1 plenum spacer today and everything went pretty smoothly I think, the reason I say that is because there were three bolts that I don't know if fit properly. I had to use 3 OEM bolts that were M6 x 25 MM bolts. They never tightened all the way. I don't know if the bolt isn't long enough or what. They keep turning and never fully tightens. I turned on the car but I everything ran fine. Idle was good. I went for a test drive and everything was good. I even went to red line for 1st and 2nd gear (not sure if that was even a good test) and checked for a leak after but I didn't hear or feel anything weird. I guess my question is, does everyone had this experience with their install? Is this just how it is?

My first impressions of the plenum spacer was that my butt dyno didn't feel a difference in anything lol. My girlfriend however said she felt a difference. However I was extremely tired after putting it on because I didn't had a garage and it was blazing hot. I will probably notice it more after my dyno tune on Thursday next week. Thanks for reading!

Old 03-29-2017, 04:39 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Rev or non rev up motor? It's a pretty easy install. Glad it didn't cause too many issues for you. Did mine with my MREV2 and noticed an immediate change of exhaust tone. Flashed with Uprev and the rode home was noticeably better.

Old 03-29-2017, 06:10 AM
Received 167 Likes on 147 Posts
Is it possible you stripped the threads or left off three of the plastic spacers? Which bolts are they?

Old 03-29-2017, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by coffeysm
Is it possible you stripped the threads or left off three of the plastic spacers? Which bolts are they?
maybe? When I tried to tighten them first I felt it getting a little tighter but after a point it didn't feel like it was tightening anymore. They don't feel loose when I felt them. They were bolts 14, 8, and 15. The instructions told me to reuse OEM M6 x 25 MM bolts which I did.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by davewes
Rev or non rev up motor? It's a pretty easy install. Glad it didn't cause too many issues for you. Did mine with my MREV2 and noticed an immediate change of exhaust tone. Flashed with Uprev and the rode home was noticeably better.
07 coupe. So rev up motor . I'm pretty excited about the uprev dyno tune lol. I never had my car's tuned before. One side of me worried that I won't feel a difference and wasted 700 dollars (licenses 300, dyno tune 300, and arc licenses 100). But all my friends say it's a huge improvement and it's worth every bit but they all have turboed cars lol.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Originally Posted by SweetThuy
07 coupe. So rev up motor . I'm pretty excited about the uprev dyno tune lol. I never had my car's tuned before. One side of me worried that I won't feel a difference and wasted 700 dollars (licenses 300, dyno tune 300, and arc licenses 100). But all my friends say it's a huge improvement and it's worth every bit but they all have turboed cars lol.
You need the MREV2 Lower plenum to feel them gains! (Motordyne)

Old 03-29-2017, 06:43 PM
Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts
6 speed G35 sedan
Motordyne kit I got had all new bolts. At some points if those bolts didn't fully tighten, you're going to get a vacuum leak. Might want to see if you can find some slightly longer to make sure they are fully seated.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.