Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Technosquare Question on Exchanges

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Technosquare Question on Exchanges

I am turning in my leased car and getting another G35. I can't remember if Technosquare is cool like the other tunes I have for my other vehicles where they will transfer the tune onto your new vehicle after putting your old one back to stock or something like that.

Does any one know how that works? There's nothing on their website and after a 1/2 hr of searching on here I am finding nothing on the subject.

I am sure someone has had to switch cars for whatever reason and gone through this too. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-05-2006, 07:12 PM
Apparently I am the only one on this entire forum that has ever had a technosquare reflash and then traded his/her car in...so I will answer for me.

After talking to them via email...which only took 4 days for them to get back to me the answer was no they don't provide any kind of trade in/up program for existing customers at all.

Old 04-06-2006, 08:57 AM
Boss I don't have the TS flash but was wondering if you would swap ECU's with me? We almost have the same mods but I don't have headers.

You won't be able to use the ECU for the 05. Didn't the new variable exhaust timing and other mapping changes make it impossible for the 05 to be compaitable with the 03-04? Also did you get an AT coupe??

Old 04-06-2006, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by SixFive
Boss I don't have the TS flash but was wondering if you would swap ECU's with me? We almost have the same mods but I don't have headers.

You won't be able to use the ECU for the 05. Didn't the new variable exhaust timing and other mapping changes make it impossible for the 05 to be compaitable with the 03-04? Also did you get an AT coupe??

Ha ha ha...the new baby has you going blind my friend...Right from my tag line...

John * 05 G35 5AT Coupe Sport Package * Everything but NAV & All Stock for now * 14.00 @ 100.7 w/my old 03.5 G35 Sedan LMAO

Sorry on the ECU...I already had to trade in the other car on Monday when I got the Coupe. I would have traded w/you in a heart beat...oh, and I never had headers...just the coupe mid pipe.

Old 04-06-2006, 10:31 AM
Well!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

Old 04-06-2006, 10:32 AM
Sorry I never read those once I know ya. And I did see your OLD *** track times that don't apply now so I didn't bother to read your mixed up sig.

I'll give you $100 bucks for the ECU - come on - it's not going to work on your new car. The size and shape of the ecu is different as well as the location.

Also, sorry about your troubles the other day with YOU FORGETTING A TB GASKET LOL...I was at an off site meeting all day with no PC...I was thinking of you tho!

Last edited by SixFive; 04-06-2006 at 10:35 AM.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Sorry I never read those once I know ya. And I did see your OLD *** track times that don't apply now so I didn't bother to read your mixed up sig.

I'll give you $100 bucks for the ECU - come on - it's not going to work on your new car. The size and shape of the ecu is different as well as the location.

Also, sorry about your troubles the other day with YOU FORGETTING A TB GASKET LOL...I was at an off site meeting all day with no PC...I was thinking of you tho!
The ECU is gone, that's what I was trying to say. I had to trade in the old Sedan on Monday to get the new Coupe...so I literally and physically don't have the ECU any more...you can try calling Infiniti of Norwood in MA and asking them if it's still there and swapping it if at all possible. I would have swapped with you for free, but again sorry, I don't have it any more.

Old 04-06-2006, 02:56 PM
Do they know it's a reflash and do you want me to inform them if they don't already know? You may end up on the hook even if I end up helping them get a stock ecu for free. Pls let me know - I don't want to f this up for you financially or legally.

I thought you still had the car - oops. My reading comp is crud now that I get 5 hours per night rather than my pre-infant 10 hours.

Old 04-06-2006, 02:59 PM
Also - did I read elsewhere that you did not find it much of a help performance wise? Wondering if you could tell that the TB butterfly was opening all the way at WOT or if you though the additional RPM and better AF helped according to your butt dyno??? Thanks much

Old 04-06-2006, 03:19 PM
Also - did I read elsewhere that you did not find it much of a help performance wise? Wondering if you could tell that the TB butterfly was opening all the way at WOT or if you though the additional RPM and better AF helped according to your butt dyno??? Thanks much
lol, I hear ya on the sleep deprevation!

You could tell them a dead body is in the trunk and it won't affect me now b/c the deal is done and I have been driving my 05 Coupe for 4 days now...and I love it let me tell ya.

If you call ask for the Finance kid, and say you know me, etc...Just tell them you are calling about the 03 Silver Sedan that just got traded in for the 05 Coupe...they'll know the car...lol...they were all drooling over it!

Oh, and as far as the TS Reflash working...their customer service has not been too impressive, but the reflash got me from 14.29 to 14.00...with drag radials too...and I attribute it to (In Manual Mode Only) the 500 higher RPM red line allowing the car to really breathe with the CAI and Crawford V...so yes, I would recommend it...plus the car would scratch at 160 mph...

Last edited by bosssho; 04-06-2006 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:47 PM
That's a nice gain. I worry tho about going to 7100 without stronger internals.

Old 04-06-2006, 04:07 PM
That's a nice gain. I worry tho about going to 7100 without stronger internals.
The only time you should even be anywhere near that high is 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th at the track...no worries.

Old 04-07-2006, 09:07 AM
I called the dealer and they said thy were shipping the car for corporate to resell or something. It'll be gone by the weekend. The wanted 90 an hour to get it out. Would take 3 minutes but they certainly want to call it hour or 2 I'm sure. Then they reminded me that my key is specific to the ECU and instead of giving me your old keys, they have to reprogram mine. At a whopping rate. Also If your fuel map sux for my car I'd be in a dyno shop spending more and mailing my ECU to TS and hoping they can expedite things, which sounds unlikely. I'll wait and do UTEC or go down to Maryland and get TS done for my car. I may not get to the track much anyway so I'm in no hurry.

So you got out early eh? The coupe's big butt got to you! I still gaze at the coupe's when I see them. The design is timeless. Like a Jag E type.

Old 04-07-2006, 10:34 AM
I called the dealer and they said thy were shipping the car for corporate to resell or something. It'll be gone by the weekend. The wanted 90 an hour to get it out. Would take 3 minutes but they certainly want to call it hour or 2 I'm sure. Then they reminded me that my key is specific to the ECU and instead of giving me your old keys, they have to reprogram mine. At a whopping rate. Also If your fuel map sux for my car I'd be in a dyno shop spending more and mailing my ECU to TS and hoping they can expedite things, which sounds unlikely. I'll wait and do UTEC or go down to Maryland and get TS done for my car. I may not get to the track much anyway so I'm in no hurry.

So you got out early eh? The coupe's big butt got to you! I still gaze at the coupe's when I see them. The design is timeless. Like a Jag E type.
Jesus christmas!!! Talk about nothing's easy huh.

What is that UTEC all about? I am not happy with dealing with Technosquare at all for service so I am open to anything else. I would love something local too, but I am open to suggestions.

Yeah, the Coupe started calling my name about 2 years ago...or maybe less...right around when I hit the 14.00 second 1/4 mi wall...I can honestly say that no matter what angle you are at the car is perfect...my buddy just came over last night with his wife in his AMG E55 (He has a Vette too) to see the new baby and he was like Holy $hit that car is gorgeous from every side...he was really impress and he loved the 19" meat claws at all four corners! lol I just hope I can make it as fast as the Sedan lol

Old 04-07-2006, 04:25 PM
I've never seen coupe times match the sedan times of you and I for similar mods or even 6MT. The e55 is nice but looks like any e sedan. Cayman is not as pretty as a coupe either.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Technosquare Question on Exchanges