FAQ & DIY Frequently Asked Questions & Do It Yourself- Sedan and Coupe. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Clear Airbag Warning Light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 04:26 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Clear Airbag Warning Light

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

god_of_cpu ()
11/28/03 04:15 PM

After installing an FM Modulator in my G35, I mistakenly turned the car on to test it out while the panels were still off and the airbag light started flashing cause the airbag cable on the passenger side was still disconnected. My dealer wanted to charge me $90 just to clear the code, which I refused purely out of spite cause I just bought the car from them 2 weeks prior.

After about 3 months of searching I finally found out how to reset the light and the clear the SRS diagnostic codes. This will only work if the airbag warning light is blinking on and off in a steady fashion and will only work if there is not currently a problem with the system and of course you should have a dealer look at it if you dont know the cause of the problem.

To reset the light simply turn the iginition to the on position, (you dont need to start it). All the lights should stay on for thier diagnostic check. As soon as the airbag light goes off, before it starts flashing, immeditatly turn the car off. Repeat this 3 or 4 times (turning to on then off) and the light should go away. Bam! saved yourself $90

read the below post by RamboRami for the proper/scientific way of doing this...

<hr></blockquote>

Many thanks to 'god_of_cpu' for sharing this with us.
GSM

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by ramborami on 07/15/04 06:59 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 07-15-2004, 09:49 PM
G35driver.com Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Clear Airbag Warning Light

Here is the exact way to do it according to the service manual.

Basically it needs to be done 3 times to enter the Diagnostic Mode, then the fourth time keep the key in the ON-position to stay in Diagnostic Mode. Stay here for a few mode seconds. Then the fifth time you turn the key, it will clear the diagnostic mode and get the car back into User Mode. Here is the exact wording of this from the service manual:

HOW TO ERASE SELF-DIAGNOSIS RESULTS
After a malfunction is repaired, turn ignition switch OFF for at least one second, then back ON. Diagnosis mode returns to the User mode. At that time, the self-diagnostic result is cleared.

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake/AVIC-N1-double-din<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by ramborami on 07/15/04 06:54 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

301042-airbag1.jpg