FAQ & DIY Frequently Asked Questions & Do It Yourself- Sedan and Coupe. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Wheel Repair

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2003, 06:46 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Wheel Repair

From Ducatiguy, many thanks for sharing it with us. Also here's the link to the original thread should anyone else have more to add....Ducatiguy's Wheel Repair

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

ducatiguy (Journeyman)
12/20/03 12:24 PM

Hey you guys...

I've had many people ask me if I know of anyone or anywhere they can send their rims off to get repaired for bent, scratched or broken lips and so on, and yes I do!

Wheels America is one of the leaders is repairing OEM and aftermarket rims in the USA! They have locations in Farmingdale NY, Miami FL, Arlington Heights IL, San Antonio TX, Houston TX, Dallas TX, Union City CA, and Stanton CA.

They charge a flat fee of $109 and they offer a lifetime guarantee and their workmanship! Turnaround is also super fast, often able to repair any rim in as little as 24 hours.

They can color match OEM rims to within 99.9% of the factory color as well as meet custom request on a special order basis.

I have personally worked with the guys over in the Farmingdale New York location several times, and they've always gotten the job done to beyond that of my expectations.

So if you've got some curb rash, a bent lip from smacking into a pot hole, or just an out right cracked up rim, give Wheels America a call!

Wheels America's Website: http://www.fixrim.com/

If anyone of you know of anywhere else that also performs such services and their work is top-notch, drop a post here, so we can have some sort of a reference for those people who may be interested....

<hr></blockquote>

<font color=red>G</font color=red>S<font color=green>M</font color=green>
<font color=red>G</font color=red>S<font color=green>M</font color=green> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 04-15-2004, 07:54 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Wheel Repair

Another repair from MsGcar ---

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

msGcar (Miss G)
04/15/04 05:55 PM

yes, believe it or not, you can paint them with DupliColor High Performance Wheel Coating in silver (5$ at walmart). it is a perfect match. i touched up my scratched rim 3 months ago and it still looks great. mask off your tires, smooth out and clean the damaged areas, hold can about 8-10 inches away, spray about 3 very light coats, and you're good to go.

<hr></blockquote>

Thanks for sharing it with us MsGcar -- [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>