Haven't been around in a while, Just an update where I've been hiding

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 11:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Haven't been around in a while, Just an update where I've been hiding

I'm gabby for the new comers, I had an 03 G35 with 6spd and brembos and a few mods to it. Sold it about 2 years ago now, bought 2 S13s in that time (both at the same time and a bunch of parts too) sold one, sold the other and bought a R32 Skyline. Imported it under the 25 year law through Rivsu Imports. Had it painted before shipment, done a few mods since...

(little more on the car if you are curious, or have some time to kill here)
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=570097

If you see me on the road please wave.

Anyways, I would appreciate some help if someone could provide it to me. I'm trying to settle a debate. If someone could please take a photo (doesn't have to be fancy) of their vin plate on the passenger's side in the engine bay. You can blur out or cover the actual vin #, just want to see the rest of the information under it. Trying to settle a debate. I would use my car but it is gone .

I must admit at times I miss my G, it was such a great car. If there are any events going on and I'm "cool enough" to be welcome please let me know.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:36 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Yay skyline Lulz

Old 11-05-2014, 08:54 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
AWD Sport with Tech
VERY nice ride!!

Old 11-05-2014, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Dat skyline tho. Nice to hear the 25 year rule is for real.

I'll try to grab you that today. B

Old 11-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
Yay skyline Lulz
I do enjoy it. I still have this discomfort saying it out loud at times, just out of the shear number of people who say "skyline" and are full of crap what they actually own. It is just a GTST, but I love it.

Originally Posted by 1beastnstl
VERY nice ride!!
Thank you.

http://www.rooksmag.com/new-page-1

Little article on my car if you want to know more.

Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Dat skyline tho. Nice to hear the 25 year rule is for real.

I'll try to grab you that today. B
That would be great. Yes the 25 year rule is for real...... less you live in Cali or Hawaii. Paid for the car and waited 9 months to enjoy it to ensure that it was all legal and proper. Being florida that usually doesn't mean much, but it was piece of mind.

Plus I could buy 3 of my car for what the illegal ones sell for. The Legal ones are dirt cheap by comparison.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Originally Posted by ca18detgabby
I do enjoy it. I still have this discomfort saying it out loud at times, just out of the shear number of people who say "skyline" and are full of crap what they actually own. It is just a GTST, but I love it. Thank you. http://www.rooksmag.com/new-page-1 Little article on my car if you want to know more. That would be great. Yes the 25 year rule is for real...... less you live in Cali or Hawaii. Paid for the car and waited 9 months to enjoy it to ensure that it was all legal and proper. Being florida that usually doesn't mean much, but it was piece of mind. Plus I could buy 3 of my car for what the illegal ones sell for. The Legal ones are dirt cheap by comparison.
I was reading up on your troubles on Z Silvia. Doesn't sound to hard to import. You found a lot of free goodies in the car lol!

When do the R33s become legal .

Old 11-06-2014, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
I was reading up on your troubles on Z Silvia. Doesn't sound to hard to import. You found a lot of free goodies in the car lol!

When do the R33s become legal .
The worst part was the waiting, most everything else was handled by Rivsu handled everything else for me so I didn't have to deal with any government agencies.

Short answer is you could have an R33 today, they are legal to import. Long answer is that you would have $36k in fees on top of the price of the car to bring it into spec with USDM standards. You are better off waiting till they are 25 years old and don't have to meet any EPA or DOT regulations. Rivsu is doing some cheap storage (maybe it is free I don't remember), but the car itself is only 2-3k over in Japan. Just got to wait till 95s are legal under the 25 year law (2020) and they will be very reasonable. specially if you buy ahead of the curve.... 89 and 90s right now are hyper inflated due to demand and people not waiting to wait. a 92+ will be much more reasonably priced.