Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Vortech V3 full kit for 06 revup coupe question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pabg35
$100 more for the 2.87? but the stock injectors won't be able to give enough fuel!

Everybody always wants more, so why not do it right the first time. Instead of spending more money later.
I totally agree. You'll just end up kicking yourself in the *** later.

Old 01-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
to answer your orginal question, you should be fine for the full kit. thats why its called the full kit cuz it has pretty much everything you need. clutch is going to be in your future but you wont need anything too crazy. i guess some people dont realize your not trying to be a dyno queen here and just want something a bit better than stock. :/

Old 01-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Wings Nation

Received 625 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by pabg35
$100 more for the 2.87? but the stock injectors won't be able to give enough fuel!

Everybody always wants more, so why not do it right the first time. Instead of spending more money later.
if you read my above posts, i think you'll find that we agree. the OP stated he was willing to upgrade his injectors (again, please read first - i already suggested he do that) and all the other complementary upgrades; i stated that for a few bucks more he could just step up to the 2.87 pulley and be done.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by bluemax189
to answer your orginal question, you should be fine for the full kit. thats why its called the full kit cuz it has pretty much everything you need. clutch is going to be in your future but you wont need anything too crazy. i guess some people dont realize your not trying to be a dyno queen here and just want something a bit better than stock. :/
A new clutch really isn't necessary. The stock clutch is fine for a Vortech system.
The low-end torque is practically the same, therefore a beefier clutch really isn't needed.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bluemax189
I agree with this to a point. I am not in it just to post dynos and say hey look at the numbers I am putting down. On the other hand it is a significant investment and I don't want to drop $7k and be disappointed with the result.

I like the idea of a work in progress and the ability to upgrade if needed. Installer is telling me hfc's are a must and also suggests cams and headers. This could easily get to $10k and I am not really comfortable with that.

I am leaning towards full kit with hfc's and seeing the result. I have the ssv intake and it doesn't get much cred but in my experiance with it it pulls way stronger than oem from about 5500. With the v3 I think it would really come alive.

I appreciate all the feedback.

Old 01-23-2010, 12:16 AM
take it from me i just put the tuner kit on my 06 rev up. its been 3 days and i want to upgrade already... f**k that full kit do the up rev ecu flash do the bigger injectors and bigger fuel pump.... i did it *** backwards . now ill be yankin my injectors and buyin new ones.. yankin the pulley....and takein her back to the tuner.... you save lk a g with the tuner kit put the money your saven towards the tune and the injectors..IMO... i wasnt that pleased.. dont get me wrong the b**ch rolls but its not enough

Old 01-26-2010, 11:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bigc
the vortech FAQ thread over on my350z is a very good resource.
That was a good call. There is tons of info in that thread. If I look at all the replys here I would end up not doing anything due to the conflicting opinions

Old 08-18-2016, 04:58 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Definitely doing this next year Vortech V3 supercharger kit for my 07 rev up 6mt black Bish! post pics and dyno results too when kits installed