Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Vortech on backorder?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 09:24 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vortech on backorder?

Hey guys, about a month ago I paid a shop to get some parts for me to start doing some performance work on my car. My car is an '05 G35x. For the last two weeks or more they have been telling me that the Vortech (v3 tuner kit) has been unavailable from "their supplier". They also told me that they were billed for it, told it was going to ship out, but it never came and so they went back to the "supplier" and were told that it was not in fact available and it did not ship out for that reason. Well, it has been over a MONTH since I paid the shop to get all the parts I wanted and to start work. Does this sound fishy to anyone else? Is Vortech that uncommon for my car? Do you think they are screwing with me and I should get a lawyer? Just interested to hear some other opinions.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:29 PM
Premier Member

Received 417 Likes on 336 Posts
Sounds like you're getting the run around.. unfortunately its fairly common for less scrupulous shops to do this.. take your money to "order the parts" then actually use it for other things.. pay bills, finish current projects, etc.. while they tell you it's "on back order", or "delayed in customs".. or some other BS to buy time. First thing I would do is call Vortech and see if the order was actually placed

Old 04-02-2014, 10:40 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Yup find a lawyer.
Definitely sounds like some bs

Old 04-02-2014, 11:05 PM
That's the feeling I've got. It is such a shame too because I've got nothing but great reviews of the place. I don't want to name the shop due to the fact that there could be a chance they are telling the truth. Guess I'll call them up tomorrow and give them some beef. No small chunk of change either, we're talking $10k.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:42 PM
Just wanted to update, Vortech WAS delayed. They got the parts in today. Apparently they had several kits that were delayed. Just wanted to put that out there that in any case there may be a possibility of your kit getting delayed so before your shop puts an order in call up Vortech and check if they have the kit ready. That way you'd be able to better adjust your schedule.