Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Stillen or vortech SC kit? Hp gains?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 01:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stillen or vortech SC kit? Hp gains?

Looking to get one of the 2 supercharger kits..any recommendations on which to get and why?

Old 08-11-2014, 01:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Or even a gtm sc kit??

Old 08-11-2014, 01:53 AM
Received 142 Likes on 123 Posts
most people go with the Vortech. The Stillen kit for the vq35 is a roots style that doesn't make much power, usually right around 300 whp. with the Vortech people usually get into the 350-400 whp range. the stillen also requires you to get the Stillen hood which in my opinion is not very attractive.

Old 08-11-2014, 04:24 AM
Received 575 Likes on 502 Posts
The only reason i went w/ Stillen is b/c it was CARB legal.

Old 08-11-2014, 10:03 AM
Received 142 Likes on 123 Posts
The stillen for the vq37 is a different story though.

Old 08-11-2014, 10:48 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by thegreatkwijibo
The stillen for the vq37 is a different story though.
Oh yes it is!

It's a Vortech

STILLEN 500+HP VQ37 Supercharger System - 370Z / G37 STILLEN is proud to offer the STILLEN supercharger system for the Nissan and Infiniti VQ37 (370Z/G37.) This supercharger system took over a year to develop and involves some revolutionary designs. This supercharger system is developed to offer the customer easy upgradability and installation without requiring a hood replacement to complete the installation!

With this supercharger system we bump the power output to over 500 horsepower! With lots of room to grow! Some of the more noteworthy features of the supercharger are:Air to water intercooler: By redesigning the intake manifold we were able to incorporate the intercooler inside the manifold, thus allowing us to cool the air charge immediately before the air enters the engine. Additionally, the front mounted heat exchanger does not block the airflow supplying cool air to other vital coolers such as the radiator, engine oil cooler, transmission cooler, power steering cooler or the A/C condenser. Because water is 4 times more efficient at dissipating heat than air, we are able to utilize a more compact heat exchanger to cool the water.Air to water intercooling is not the only benefit of the redesigned intake manifold.

By increasing the runner length we are able to increase torque. Also, the large volume of the intake manifold allows the engine to draw from a much larger (than factory) air source.Vortech V3 supercharger: This supercharger system incorporates the Vortech V3 self-lubricating supercharger system. With a completely sealed supercharger system there is no concern of having to run additional oil lines or anything like that. Also, the V3 supercharger is a much quieter system than previous models. The major features to the Vortech supercharger are the ease of upgrading power later on, as well as the installation without having to modify the hood! To handle the fuel management for the supercharger system STILLEN has gone directly to the ECU.

By changing out to larger injectors and fuel pump (supplied in complete kit) STILLEN is able to take control of the factory ECU and re-map it for the boosted application. This tuning method is handled via reflash using the UPrev software tuned by STILLEN engineers. This supercharger system comes in two options. Either fully tuned (most popular) or Tuner. The tuner kit does not come with any fuel management and comes with no warranty expressed or implied. - See more at: http://www.stillen.com/product/super....okZeQ0pg.dpuf

Last edited by Texasscout; 08-11-2014 at 10:52 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
glad stilen got there **** together on the 07s. i was going to purchase this kit till i couldnt pass up a great deal on a 06. Ill be using the vortech tuner kit and hoping for 400whp for a daily until it blows and i build that vq motor

Old 11-19-2014, 10:49 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by philthethrilloh
glad stilen got there **** together on the 07s. i was going to purchase this kit till i couldnt pass up a great deal on a 06. Ill be using the vortech tuner kit and hoping for 400whp for a daily until it blows and i build that vq motor
You will probably not get 400 right off the bat. You'll need to incorporate some fuel and breather mods at least. I'm just saying that because I don't want you be disappointed with your initial tune number.