Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

** Starting G up after been in storage for 2 years ****

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 01:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
** Starting G up after been in storage for 2 years ****

So after 2 years of being in storage I'm going to be starting up my car for the first time. I'm asking if anyone has any advice to add before I attempt to turn over. Past few weeks I have been getting ready for this, I drained fuel, disconnected all fuel lines and return. Blew all lines out. checked all fluids and going to change oil before hand. Motor is fully built with Greddy twins. Here's the thing a friend of mine told me since I didn't have a battery hooked up that my maps may have been lost. I don't agree with him but figured I would put it out there and see what guys had to say. I'm running up-rev.. If anyone has any advice as to prior things to do please let me know Thnaks

Old 02-08-2015, 04:49 AM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 35reilly
So after 2 years of being in storage I'm going to be starting up my car for the first time. I'm asking if anyone has any advice to add before I attempt to turn over. Past few weeks I have been getting ready for this, I drained fuel, disconnected all fuel lines and return. Blew all lines out. checked all fluids and going to change oil before hand. Motor is fully built with Greddy twins. Here's the thing a friend of mine told me since I didn't have a battery hooked up that my maps may have been lost. I don't agree with him but figured I would put it out there and see what guys had to say. I'm running up-rev.. If anyone has any advice as to prior things to do please let me know Thnaks
If it's sat that long would it be safe to assume you don't have a cypher cable to reload the maps just in case? if not once you do the oil and all of your other checks you could do the map swap thru the controls on the steering wheel and see if it changes maps prior to starting.
if your friend is claiming you lost your maps then technically it shouldnt cycle thru them when you switch maps via the steering wheel.

Old 02-08-2015, 08:40 AM
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
This site has some good info.

I'd pull the spark plugs and squirt some oil in there, at a min. Heck, might as well change the spark plugs if they need it.

http://www.mossmotors.com/SiteGraphi...f_storage.html

Old 02-08-2015, 09:38 AM
Thanks everyone

Old 02-08-2015, 09:40 AM
As far as The wheel controls. It's been a while...lol What is the steps to go through the maps on the controls? That was a very good point I didn't think of that...

Old 02-08-2015, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
As far as The wheel controls. It's been a while...lol What is the steps to go through the maps on the controls? That was a very good point I didn't think of that...
Hold the top right down. While holding it down press cancel 1 (or however many times you want to select the certain map). Let go of cancel (just a tap), and then let go of top right. You can see on YouTube.

The following users liked this post:
35reilly (02-08-2015)
Old 02-08-2015, 10:30 AM
Now that I have to pull plugs can anyone direct me as to where to find the order of the bolt pattern for the intake? I have a cosworth. I had all this stuff but life happens along with other life issues and it all is gone.. That's another story....

Old 02-08-2015, 10:31 AM
^^^^^^ Thanks for the response to bro... It will all come back to me. Just a little rusty..lol ^^^^^

Old 02-08-2015, 11:03 AM
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
Now that I have to pull plugs can anyone direct me as to where to find the order of the bolt pattern for the intake? I have a cosworth. I had all this stuff but life happens along with other life issues and it all is gone.. That's another story....
Bolt pattern, start in the center, jumping back and forth from one side to another, basically go from 12 o'clcok, then 6, then 10, then 4, then 8, then 2... etc. or as close the that as you can get. Then do the same for the "outer" set of bolts, just snug them all at first, then go back tighten a little more.. then finally do the whole set again with a torque wrench.

The following users liked this post:
35reilly (02-08-2015)
Old 02-22-2015, 09:53 AM
So start up went pretty well.. Few things I have that hopefully someone could give me a direction to go.First let me start by explaining what is going on. I have my exhaust disconnected from the down pipes back. ( cause I need to get something welded) all o2 sensors are in place,wideband is also in place.... Car started right ran I guess pretty smooth. I noticed my airbag light on. ( not really worried bout that rt now) Now check engine light is on. Once the car kicked down to idle my A/F was bouncing between 14.7 17.5 18.5 then zeroed out foe a while. I'm running uprev. I'm on map1. codes are for P1148 (Fuel air metering) P1168.....P0031 Bank 1 sensor1 Heater circuit low.. Car ran fine 2 1/2 years ago when I stored. Any help or ideas as to where to start with this??? Thanks ahead of time!!

Old 02-22-2015, 12:53 PM
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Did you fill your gas tank with premium and maybe add a little Stable? Gas can go off and leave sludge in the tank. I store my BlackBird every winter, and follow a set procedure that includes the above. Did you take out the battery or put it on a tender? I've never stored a car but I've stored many a motorcycle. Good Luck. I never start my bike during storage but when I'm ready to ride, I push the starter and she's ready to go.