Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Need help/advice: Greddy FMIC fabrication and single VS dual decision

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 10:18 AM
Received 75 Likes on 74 Posts
Need help/advice: Greddy FMIC fabrication and single VS dual decision

Hey guys,

I'm in the middle of a greddy build and hit a road block.

My used kit came with two JWT style intercoolers (lets say they match the dimensions of the JWT ones to simplify things). The kit did not come with piping to hook these up. It came with the piping that matches the greddy style single dual inlet 23x11.5x4.5" intercooler that comes with the kit.

A aftermarket bumper will be purchased once I make the decision to stay twin or go single.

I'm wondering what I should do here. I'm trying to find an affordable option (greddy FMIC kit is $1250+)

I can figure out the piping thing regardless of what route I take but I would like to minimize the amount of pipe fabrication I need to do because of time... Just don't know if I should ditch these twins or not and if I do where to go for an affordable intercooler that matches the greddy dimensions. I am about to call speed force R&D to see if they can help. I also heard spearco makes custom intercoolers but no way will that be cheap.

http://turbostore.com/twtuin313co2.html

Found this one but it is way longer than the greddy one, think it will work?

Anybody have an opinion/insight?

Thanks!!

Old 08-17-2015, 10:29 AM
Received 104 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by yosip1115
Hey guys,

I'm in the middle of a greddy build and hit a road block.

My used kit came with two JWT style intercoolers (lets say they match the dimensions of the JWT ones to simplify things). The kit did not come with piping to hook these up. It came with the piping that matches the greddy style single dual inlet 23x11.5x4.5" intercooler that comes with the kit.

A aftermarket bumper will be purchased once I make the decision to stay twin or go single.

I'm wondering what I should do here. I'm trying to find an affordable option (greddy FMIC kit is $1250+)

I can figure out the piping thing regardless of what route I take but I would like to minimize the amount of pipe fabrication I need to do because of time... Just don't know if I should ditch these twins or not and if I do where to go for an affordable intercooler that matches the greddy dimensions. I am about to call speed force R&D to see if they can help. I also heard spearco makes custom intercoolers but no way will that be cheap.

http://turbostore.com/twtuin313co2.html

Found this one but it is way longer than the greddy one, think it will work?

Anybody have an opinion/insight?

Thanks!!
Look for something like this. Then you won't need the turbo y pipe.
Godspeed makes one for under 200. But this is better quality.

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=67750&cat_key=63&prodname=TRTT+Ser ies+Twin+Turbo+Intercooler++1000HP

Old 08-17-2015, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by DigitalDeviant
Look for something like this. Then you won't need the turbo y pipe.
Godspeed makes one for under 200. But this is better quality.

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com...cooler++1000HP
ah like the APS kit. Do you know if I'll have a hard time mating the greddy charge pipes to this style? This one is the way to go, it is almost a straight shot to the TB.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Old 08-17-2015, 10:37 AM
Received 104 Likes on 81 Posts
Same FMIC i am using as i don't have the turbo Y pipe from the greddy TT kit. You'll need some fabricated, but should be fine.

The following users liked this post:
yosip1115 (08-17-2015)
Old 08-17-2015, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by DigitalDeviant
Same FMIC i am using as i don't have the turbo Y pipe from the greddy TT kit. You'll need some fabricated, but should be fine.
What are your thoughts against this one? I'm thinking it may be a good option if the inlets/outlets line up. That way I don't have to make the hot and cold side piping. Not positive it will line up but the core dimensions are only off by .5" from the greddy one.

http://turbostore.com/twtuin313co2.html (same link I provided above)

Old 01-28-2016, 02:29 PM
eZg
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yosp

Did you ever get a FMIC made?

Old 01-28-2016, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by eZg
Yosp

Did you ever get a FMIC made?
This one bolted right up, just made brackets and got larger couplings. Realllllly sweet actually. 850HP rated... Not bad. It isn't a vertical style or anything but it made great power and runs very cool, not that it has much to cool... The hot side is cold.... Honestly I am amazed I didn't have to modify any pipes. I believe DrifterX posted up the Greddy IC dimensions in my build thread. Looking back, the treadstone one is ugly as hell ha. Also my kit does not have a turbo Y pipe, there are two charge pipes coming straight from each turbo to the IC. Seems there may be a few variations of the Greddy kit...

Last edited by yosip1115; 01-28-2016 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:43 PM
eZg
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
WOW!! Glad I asked.

I'll checkout your build thread now.

Thanks

Old 01-28-2016, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by eZg
WOW!! Glad I asked.

I'll checkout your build thread now.

Thanks
I lied a bit, I had to snip just a tiny bit of aluminum with tin snips to get the hot side pipes to slide into the couplings once I clamped them onto the IC. Really not a big deal. I believe I centered the IC too, no offset at all left or right.

I'm very glad this was of help to you. It was a real road block I ran into for a few weeks. Good luck!!