Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Diagnosis help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 10:05 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation Diagnosis help

Hey guys,

So at the beginning of the month, I was involved in a wreck that totaled my original G, 08 G37S. I'm still hurt...figuratively butt hurt, and legitimately hurt. However, I've found my replacement for a steal, and I'm needing help to diagnose a few codes so I can know what exactly I'm dealing with before I make the purchase next month. The car is a 2006 G35 with a Greddy twin turbo kit installed. Not much more is known other than that...

the codes are as follows:

P0507: Idle speed control system RPM higher than expected
P2101: Electric throttle control performance
P2119: electric throttle control actuator
P0037: heated oxygen sensor 2 heater control circuit low
P0057: heated oxygen sensor 2 (bank 2) heater control circuit low
P0507: idle speed control system RPM higher than expected
P2101: electric throttle control performance
P2119: electric throttle control actuator
P0037: heated oxygen sensor 2 heater control circuit low
P0057 heated oxygen sensor 2 (bank 2) heater control circuit low

I realize that some of the codes are repeated, but this is exactly how they were listed on the printout the guy showed me when he took it to AutoZone and had it scanned.

I tried asking specifics on support mods he has, but he couldn't tell me much on that...the build and tune was done by VSR motorsports. Date unknown.

I'm hoping...HOPING that all those codes are because of the tune, and the tuner forgot to simulate the values to prevent the codes from coming in, but that lil voice in the back of my head tells me to figure it out before the purchase date comes.

Can anyone help me out? I'm a noob when it comes to knowledge of boosted cars.

Thanks

Old 07-28-2016, 01:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Best ask the advice of your favorite personal mechanic, as you could have the potential to be visiting him in the near future. That mechanic can likely do a full check on the car for you.

The previous owner wasn't the one who installed the TT? He should know more about it even if he wasn't the original installer.

Old 07-28-2016, 02:14 AM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Best ask the advice of your favorite personal mechanic, as you could have the potential to be visiting him in the near future. That mechanic can likely do a full check on the car for you.

The previous owner wasn't the one who installed the TT? He should know more about it even if he wasn't the original installer.

I'm having him take it to Tandem Motorsports in Orlando to have it assessed. Once I have it in hand (if I decide to buy), I'll be taking it to Z1 to have them look it over, since it's only bout an hour from where I live.

He had all work and tuning done @ VSR in Tampa; I was planning on calling them to figure out the details on the build since he couldn't really give specifics on it.

Old 08-06-2016, 06:27 PM
Shop diagnosis was a failed MAF sensor, that TB was replaced.