Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

2004 g35 nos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 05:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 g35 nos

So i am still fairly new on engine work, and ive looked through a bunch of different forums and cant seem to find a good answer. I personally have a 2004 Infiniti g35 with a stillen supercharger stage 2, but ive always been curious on putting nos in it for a few more power gains. I have seen people say the VQ35DE engine can handle 150 Shot of nos safely but im not quite sure if thats true. I have stock internals, only upgrades done to the car is supercharger and straight piped muffler thats it. I do want to run nos in it but i also dont want to risk blowing the engine since it is my daily driver for now. What would my engine be able to handle and how much would i be looking to spend?

Old 09-07-2016, 06:06 PM
Received 169 Likes on 137 Posts
we need to know a lot more detail as is what mods you have , what kind of tune , miles on engine . etc ... also why not just upgrade your current set up for more power ?

Old 09-11-2016, 11:06 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm newer to the VQ35 but I'm coming from a world of almost 20 years modding and racing cars. Based on the internals I would not push 400 rwhp, more like 375 IMO but the range give or take 20 or so HP is opinionated. Miles on the engine, what type of miles on the engine, and what kind of maintenance/care has been given to the motor also is a factor.

You have a stage 2 Stillen kit. All that means is its intercooled vs not being intercooled. Either way if you want more power on the stock internals adding supporting mods to make it a more friendly boost of power is the way to go. Change the pulley size for more boost, Air Intake, MAF, Injectors, Fuel Pump, the power you could possibly want is in the SC you already have.

I'm from a more technical world of calling mods what they are instead of nicknames or cooler sounding ways. NOS is generally referred to as a brand of nitrous in the car world. People saying NOS just makes me shake my head to the horrible quotes in Fast and the Furious and ten grand under the hood.

Like the above said, we need to know specifics when asking about something serious like adding a power adder on top of a power adder. I don't think anyone here will say put nitrous on top of a stock internal SC car. Spending money the safe way is the best way. Now that I'm not in my 20's anymore if I could go with a build costing thousands I'm going straight to a built long block first. Power Adder last. The guys I know with a little spray on top of a blower are running 03/04 Cobras, Vipers, built LS2's, etcHope this helps