Future Models Questions, requests, info on Future Infiniti/Nissan Models

Lets take a step back and consider the G37 sedan.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 02:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets take a step back and consider the G37 sedan.

BUYER BEWARE ABOUT G37.

I have done a lot of looking into the G37, and yes, the G35 will be replaced with the G37, It might not be until the 4th model year. Keep your eyes on Detroit this weekend, if it is for 09 they should unvale details then.

However, The G37 is like could be like that hot sister of that old ex that you always wanted to indulge in. Nice T&A, and much more exciting ride. And Big Truble before you realize what you got youself into.

Everyone is stoaked to see a g37 sedan. And I am not bashing it. However a lot of things have gone through the window with the new engine.

This engine displacement has not changed since the VQ became a 3.5 in 2002. This engine is not proven yet, and still hasen't won wards ten best engines,(yet). THe engine is too new for people to have a great grasp on it. It emproves varible valve lift, witch is some new technology that is going to be steller. However, The current VQ 3.5 undergone major refinment improvments and is going to be a historical engine in coming years.

All the have done to the 3.7 is increase the leagnth of the stroke, increasing the car desplacement by .2 liters. Yeah you are going to get 24 extra ponies, but take notice you are not getting any more touqe. You need bigger bore, not stroke for torque. Thus the car is not going to do that much more in acceleration, certainly not enough, for someone to say "WOW THIS THING WAY FASTER" However it will use more fuel,

And as far a proformance goes, how much more do we really need. The G35 does 100 mph with ease, It has the same acceleration as a 1999 proche 911.
If you really crazy about having power. You before getting a proven renowned engine. Which is already setup for some crazy tuning, Such as super chargers and turbos. Which will take a while for the G37. And anyone with an 09 g37 sedan is going to be the lab rats to see what these cars are like.

Now, if you going to wait for the G37. you might as well wait until the 2011 redesign. Cause once your g37 is two years old it will be out of date. ANd the redesign will have more touqe, and thus a much more noticable change in profromance. You buy an 09 g37, you buying a 3 year old platform, with styling that will slowing start to be going stale.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So where did you get this G37 sedan from?

Old 01-16-2008, 03:01 AM
I gather that spelling, grammar, basic arithmetic, and research aren't your strong points.

Old 01-16-2008, 03:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The VQ37HR was named Ward's 10 best last December. 14th year in a row for the VQ.

http://www.reuters.com/article/press...07+PRN20071213

Old 01-16-2008, 05:45 AM
Originally Posted by chiem
I gather that spelling, grammar, basic arithmetic, and research aren't your strong points.
It was late at night and I was trash from the Leafs vs. Hurricanes. I was cruising the site looking for some info. You think some people would appricate the time I took to share my opinion.

Infiniti will be putting the 3.7 Liter motor in the saden a couple of years before they do the redesign for a new G sedan estimate for 2011 model year, 2 years after the new 350Z. They will also freshen the car by changing some moldings, don't be surprised if they incorprate the coupe headlights and rear steering to the seden before the redesign . But the frame, suspension, and interior will stay the same until the redesign in 2011. The fit and finish on the second gen G is far behind the BMW 3 seriers, and infiniti will be stepping up the G, along with slow price increases.

Last edited by JoryWLU; 01-16-2008 at 05:47 AM.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by chiem
didnt seem that bad to me....ive seen much worst on Driver.

Nice write up non the less. I dont really think its a big deal to anyone if its a 35 or 37 at this stage in the game seeing as tho the power increase isnt that much and performance difference is minimal.

IMO I like the sound of 35 as oposed to 37 lol

But then again i like the sound of 63 as oposed to 55

Old 01-16-2008, 09:30 AM
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by JoryWLU
BUYER BEWARE ABOUT G37.
Thus the car is not going to do that much more in acceleration, certainly not enough, for someone to say "WOW THIS THING WAY FASTER" However it will use more fuel.

You have a point about performance, but the G37 coupe's MPG has improved to 18mpg/ 24mpg per this... http://www.infiniti.com/g_coupe/specifications.html

Old 01-16-2008, 10:46 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Lightbulb

You think some people would appricate the time I took to share my opinion.

Infiniti will be putting the 3.7 Liter motor in the saden...
Posting your opinions (first sentence shown above) is appreciated.

Stating them as fact (second sentence above) is not.

If you said "I believe that Infiniti may be putting the 3.7 Liter motor in the sedan..." you might get a warmer response.

Old 01-16-2008, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by 350Zed
Posting your opinions (first sentence shown above) is appreciated.

Stating them as fact (second sentence above) is not.

If you said "I believe that Infiniti may be putting the 3.7 Liter motor in the sedan..." you might get a warmer response.
True, I respect the points you have brought forth.

However my infomation is bang on about what is infiniti will be doing in the future. the only I can't confirm 100% is the release year for a new redesigned thrid gen G sedan. I BELIEVE it may and should be 2011. But Infiniti might try to push this back to 2012. But the G37 sedan is coming soon. What I would have liked to see personally is that infiniti keeps the 3.5L but employ the VVEL technology from the G37.

Old 01-16-2008, 10:55 PM
However my infomation is bang on about what is infiniti will be doing in the future.
According to what source?

Infiniti has made no mention of a possible G37 sedan release.

C&D claims a G37 release will happen in 2009, but they are notorious for making sh*t up when they have no real news to print.

Either quote a credible source, or stop spreading baseless rumors.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:19 AM
CV35 6MT
You need bigger bore, not stroke for torque.
Sorry, but that is not accurate.

The stroke is determined by the distance from the axis of the crankshaft to the crank pin, where the connecting rod is. With a longer stroke, the crank pin is farther away from the axis. Imagine the engine at 90 degrees (rotation of the crankshaft) after combustion, when the crank pin is directly to the side of the axis. With the piston coming down, the farther away the the crank pin is from the axis of the crankshaft, the more torque is being transmitted to the crankshaft.

It's no different from having a longer crank arm on a bicycle.

Old 01-17-2008, 04:08 AM
Originally Posted by 350Zed
According to what source?

Infiniti has made no mention of a possible G37 sedan release.

C&D claims a G37 release will happen in 2009, but they are notorious for making sh*t up when they have no real news to print.

Either quote a credible source, or stop spreading baseless rumors.
I have a close friend who works at the top for infiniti. He gives me the heads up on what is seen at the top level and is not suppose to leave the company months or years before it is released. However, I have no ties Infiniti other than I am one happy customer.
Besides anyone how knows anything about the car industry as whole knows, model updates are as predictible as fall turing to winter.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:54 AM
I have a close friend who works at the top for infiniti. He gives me the heads up on what is seen at the top level and is not suppose to leave the company months or years before it is released. However, I have no ties Infiniti other than I am one happy customer.
Besides anyone how knows anything about the car industry as whole knows, model updates are as predictible as fall turing to winter.
You just like your friend have no idea WTF you're talking about so just save it. Proof that you have no idea what you're saying can be found in the bold section of your quote below.

They will also freshen the car by changing some moldings, don't be surprised if they incorprate the coupe headlights and rear steering to the seden before the redesign .
4WAS is already an option on the V36 Sedan. Swing and a miss. Try again buddy.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:02 AM
BUYER BEWARE ABOUT G37.

I have done a lot of looking into the G37, and yes, the G35 will be replaced with the G37, It might not be until the 4th model year. Keep your eyes on Detroit this weekend, if it is for 09 they should unvale details then.

However, The G37 is like could be like that hot sister of that old ex that you always wanted to indulge in. Nice T&A, and much more exciting ride. And Big Truble before you realize what you got youself into.

Everyone is stoaked to see a g37 sedan. And I am not bashing it. However a lot of things have gone through the window with the new engine.

This engine displacement has not changed since the VQ became a 3.5 in 2002. This engine is not proven yet, and still hasen't won wards ten best engines,(yet). THe engine is too new for people to have a great grasp on it. It emproves varible valve lift, witch is some new technology that is going to be steller. However, The current VQ 3.5 undergone major refinment improvments and is going to be a historical engine in coming years.

All the have done to the 3.7 is increase the leagnth of the stroke, increasing the car desplacement by .2 liters. Yeah you are going to get 24 extra ponies, but take notice you are not getting any more touqe. You need bigger bore, not stroke for torque. Thus the car is not going to do that much more in acceleration, certainly not enough, for someone to say "WOW THIS THING WAY FASTER" However it will use more fuel,

And as far a proformance goes, how much more do we really need. The G35 does 100 mph with ease, It has the same acceleration as a 1999 proche 911.
If you really crazy about having power. You before getting a proven renowned engine. Which is already setup for some crazy tuning, Such as super chargers and turbos. Which will take a while for the G37. And anyone with an 09 g37 sedan is going to be the lab rats to see what these cars are like.

Now, if you going to wait for the G37. you might as well wait until the 2011 redesign. Cause once your g37 is two years old it will be out of date. ANd the redesign will have more touqe, and thus a much more noticable change in profromance. You buy an 09 g37, you buying a 3 year old platform, with styling that will slowing start to be going stale.
Ok, this guy has to be joking. There are so many wrong and just flat out stupid sentences in the post that he can't possibly be serious.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by bruddahmanmatt
4WAS is already an option on the V36 Sedan. Swing and a miss. Try again buddy.
JoryWLU... while I will grant you that history dictates that we must consider a G37 sedan to be a likely future model, your source lacks any credibility based on the truth posted in rebuttal by bruddahmanmatt, so anything you've said can only be considered opinion.

Stop talking sh*t...

Last edited by 350Zed; 01-17-2008 at 08:10 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lets take a step back and consider the G37 sedan.