The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

***update on my MAZDA flip key FOB mod. alternative to nissan key fob.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
people put the factory chip in the keyfob instead.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Where did i go wrong!?!

Okay im pretty much done with the key...Went outside to test it out. When the battery connects to the chip the only thing that happens is The car alarm goes off like i pressed the panic button. If i keep the battery connected and deactivate the alarm with another fob, none of the buttons work on the modded one. But if i remove the battery and connect it back the alarm goes off again. This pic probably doesnt do much justice but anyway, help!

Attached Thumbnails ***update on my MAZDA flip key FOB mod. alternative to nissan key fob.-img_0118.jpg  
Old 04-14-2008, 02:07 AM
Thumbs up Ghetto but..

It looks like it works. And like my father taught me, she might not be pretty but she'll do.

Last edited by Glex25; 04-18-2008 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:25 AM
Well it doesnt work! Like i said just the alarm goes off. Im thinking of cutting up my other fob, and just keeping the wiring as is. Thats if it looks right. I wish someone would chime in and coach me through this or put up some VERY DETAILED PICS of their wiring?!? Please, seems like im soo close!

Old 04-14-2008, 05:34 AM
..... I WIN .....

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by impacta
Well it doesnt work! Like i said just the alarm goes off. Im thinking of cutting up my other fob, and just keeping the wiring as is. Thats if it looks right. I wish someone would chime in and coach me through this or put up some VERY DETAILED PICS of their wiring?!? Please, seems like im soo close!

This might be a little help to you...

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06/141266-10-hours-work-not-sure-if-worth.html

I've been following this mod, and I really wish I could get someone to do this for me...

Hope it Helps

Old 04-14-2008, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the respond. I have that page saved also as one of my favs. but not enough detail. Im thinking that maybe one of my buttons are connected wrong but everything looks right. IDK...A super detailed pic of the wiring of the trunk and panic button is what im really looking for. When u look at all the pics posted it seems as if they have the most going on as far as the wiring goes.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:30 PM
I recently hacked apart one of my FOBs to fill a late model Audi FOB.

Notice I had to use a dremel to reshape the blade holder to closer to the size of the key itself. The first time I tried to start the car, I was able to start the ignition, but I couldn't press the key inward to twist couterclockwise and remove it from the ignition. I had to disassemble the entire FOB while it was stuck in the car.

I'm having a problem, and I was hoping that someone had some suggestions.
-I am able to start the car with the key.
-When I reprogram the FOBs, the blinkers flash when I press the button on the Audi FOB
-After reprogramming, the original FOB works, but the Audi one doesnt.

Ideas?
-Boog

Old 04-15-2008, 07:26 PM
Can u open it up so we can take a look at your wiring?

Old 04-16-2008, 09:13 AM
I was afraid you would ask that. Those little screws strip a little more each time I open the FOB, so I only have a limited number of times left. However, I guess i need to open it again regardless, to try to find why my remote isn't working properly. I will take pictures when it is open, but it will probably be a few days before I feel like putting myself through that again

For reference, for the antenna I am using very small wire from a length of Cat5 I cut out of an extra patch cable. To my supprise, it turned out to be stranded, not solid wire, but i think this helps the antenna (more surface area.) Note that i kept the antenna wire the same length as stock by laying it over the stock, embedded wire when I cut it. Being the same length, the wavelength frequency should be fine, but the extra lateral surface area should increase its intensity (i'm hoping.) Remember I'm not an electrical engineer.

The new FOB was working (before I added in the key blade) and appeared to have a 30ft+ range. Btw, the cat5 wire is copper, not silver.

-Boog

Old 04-16-2008, 07:35 PM
Well for anyone willing to take apart thier fob and post pics...bump!

Old 04-26-2008, 11:36 AM
i want the audi fob =)

Old 04-26-2008, 11:38 AM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
audi key fobs are so nice

Old 04-26-2008, 12:15 PM
Nice job on the audi key fob - keep us updated. I sure hope you get the problem solved.

Old 06-18-2008, 02:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pardon the ignorant question, but what do the newer Infiniti's use for a key and fob?

Old 06-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Wow, I had forgotten about this project. Tonight I will crack open the Audi FOB, take some pictures and try again to have my coupe recognize the signal.

Regarding the new FOBs, hasn't the entire Infiniti lineup been converted to smart keys? So, they still have a fob of sorts, but the key part is stored (and rarely removed) from a sliding channel. No idea if a smart key can be programmed like an older fob, but I suspect they still contain a small recognition chip if you are looking to transplant.

Someone with a G37 can probably clarify.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***update on my MAZDA flip key FOB mod. alternative to nissan key fob.