The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

***update on my MAZDA flip key FOB mod. alternative to nissan key fob.

Old 09-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
***update on my MAZDA flip key FOB mod. alternative to nissan key fob.

well i finally got around to it. It looks like a hack job, but it works so far....

I basically did what the canadian guy did.. Well almost since he never posted pictures of what it looks like.

DIY of pictures and description....
here i planned it out with the wiring using paint haha ghetto but it works for me. I didn't use some of the stuff i was planning to use...

so how do I fit this in here...and use the orignal mazda battery location

well... cut it in half like the canadian guy then shave parts of the casing. THEN resolder the battery terminal backwards and bend it so it touches the battery. Don't forget to put some type of covering under that positive terminal so it doesn't touches anything else under it. ( I just covered the bottom of the terminal with hot glue.)

perfect fit!

now for the wiring from my ghetto diagram:
stick them in all the holes of the board.. and solder them all down

Now you route the wires according to where all the mazda buttons are located. I'll probably superglue the wires down so it doesn't move.

You then now test out all your connections by putting it in the mazda casing that you modded and touch the wires together one at a time to make sure they all work. GREAT! it all works!

oh yeah as for the chip in the key.. put it where the mazda chip is located.. at the head of the key. First peel off the mazda logo, then unscrew the screw to open the head. You will then see the chip. It's super glued in there so you have to probably dremel it out. careful to not crack the casing.

update:

Kidfuzion mentioned how to wire the original mazda buttons so I decided to try it out.. and it works!! All I have left to do is to take the key to a locksmith to cut..

you solder one wire on the upper prong of the button and on the other side the lower prong. I superglued the buttons down to the board afterwards.

I want to thank everybody for the tips and suggestions!

Update:
I improved the reception by using the antenna from the OEM remote. I had to peel it off and scrape off the top layer to expose the metal in order to solder it on.

Last edited by accordfreak; 09-22-2007 at 03:41 AM.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow.....mad props to you!

that looks very complicated

Old 09-06-2006, 12:35 AM
holy crap! *B O W D O W N*
u da man. i was thinking about this too. i got the mazda key and took it apart today. as far as the switches go, i was gonna try to stop by an electronics parts shop this week and see if they got some small micro switches. i'll let u know if i can find something to use.

Old 09-06-2006, 12:36 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by brisk
wow.....mad props to you!

that looks very complicated
++1

Old 09-06-2006, 01:29 AM
My Life be like Oooo ahhh
looks pretty sweet to me...gj

Old 09-06-2006, 01:46 AM
Thumbs up

Holly Shnikes! Applaud

Old 09-06-2006, 02:11 AM
THE BATMOBILE
great work.......for those of you that dont know about accord_freak is that he is crazy when it comes to these kinds of things, he is one of the few on the site with modified colored dash.......

Old 09-06-2006, 02:24 AM
^^^ I agree. He is one cool guy and spends tons of time on his G. Look at his pictures, he changed all of his dash LEDs to blue, and actually had to sand down his instrument gague so it was no longer orange. This DIY is starting to really come along too! NICE JOB!

Old 09-06-2006, 02:45 AM
damn we can only count on accord freak to get this diy up. it looks freaking complicated..no wonder the canadian guy wanted 300 bucks for that! mad props for you

Old 09-06-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by bb319675
Awesome job bro, just fyi the mazda key has the exact chip we do and is located on the other half of the fob...the half that holds the actual key, you have to take the screw out under the emblem and open the fob to get to it. You can pop it out and pop ours in(if you feel like it)
i opened it up and found the chip, how did u take it out? its like stuck in there pretty good.

Old 09-06-2006, 01:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
great work accord_freak. i always look foward to see your work. cant wait to see how this turns out.

Old 09-06-2006, 02:42 PM
whats this mod for, or whats the advantage...never saw the canadian guys post...

Old 09-06-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by pdjafari
whats this mod for, or whats the advantage...never saw the canadian guys post...
it's to make our crappy key & remote into a flipkey/remote combo...worthy of a $40K car.

Old 09-06-2006, 02:49 PM
ok...that chip in the mazda keyfob was like superglued in there. i had to break it up and carve it out with my dremel..haha. but my infiniti chip fits in there perfectly. i got a blank nissan key and they made a copy of my g35key ..all for $2 at the swapmeet. now i gotta find someone (or do it myself) to shave the head part of the key to make it fit into the mazda key fob.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***update on my MAZDA flip key FOB mod. alternative to nissan key fob.