G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Tint Laws

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 07:40 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by NoirG
Can you see at night
Haha, this car was sold about 5 years ago now. I sold my G sedan a little over a year ago... This is what it looked like after I de-modded it, but the tint is still dark.

20% on the sides, 5% on the rear, 35% on the windshield. All premium grade tint.

Name:  ea067f92.jpg
Views: 864
Size:  90.0 KB

....and this is my 350Z. 15% on the sides and rear, 50% on the windshield.

Name:  2b552588.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  267.0 KB

Old 07-25-2011, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by NoirG
Can you see at night
Haha, this car was sold about 5 years ago now. I could see... not that great, but I never was anywhere but in town because I was still in high school (aka I was always in a familiar area). I sold my G sedan a little over a year ago... This is what it looked like after I de-modded it, but the tint is still dark.

20% on the sides, 5% on the rear, 35% on the windshield. All premium grade tint.

Name:  ea067f92.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  90.0 KB

....and this is my 350Z. 15% on the sides and rear, 50% on the windshield.

Name:  2b552588.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  267.0 KB

Old 07-25-2011, 09:21 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
In Texas (not legal to tint front windshield), the dead giveaway would be your inspection and licence stickers being tinted. You wouldn't last long here.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by Texasscout
In Texas (not legal to tint front windshield), the dead giveaway would be your inspection and licence stickers being tinted. You wouldn't last long here.
I'm pretty sure it's not legal to tint the entire front windshield ANYwhere in the US, unless you have a prescription.

We don't have inspection stickers in Indiana, and I also don't know what your reference to a "license sticker" is...

...but I've lasted 5 years with whatever tint I want. Never got stopped in the G, never been stopped in the Z. The integra I had was just ridiculous.

Obviously if I lived somewhere where they were more strict on the laws I wouldn't "last long", genius. But I travel a whole bunch and it usually helps that I'm always living somewhere with out of state plates.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:45 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cali sucks when it comes to window tint. i have at least 4 window tint tickets I havent had one for awhile. on my Talon its limo all the way around, no tint in the front, and as soon as i get my G out of the body shop im gonna have all the tint removed, becasue its a shitty tint job (it was tinted when i bought it) and im gonna have it limo'ed out. and see how long till i get pop'ed for it lol

Old 07-25-2011, 04:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hi-TechG35
^Yeah they do. A lot of states where you see people driving around with super dark tints or front windshield tints are in most cases illegal. It ahs to do a lot with the law not being enforced. Thats why when my friends get tint tickets and they get all pissed I tell them it says right there that this is the legal limit. Just because it is not enforced doesn't mena it's legal. Today was just your lucky day...lol

Same here....

Old 07-25-2011, 04:52 PM
we do alot of 76% ceramic tint for the front windshield. clear and blocks more heat and UV than most regular limo tints. our customers love it.

Old 07-25-2011, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by besTint
we do alot of 76% ceramic tint for the front windshield. clear and blocks more heat and UV than most regular limo tints. our customers love it.
That's honestly the main reason I got it on my G and Z. LOVE how much cooler it makes the car. That's why I always pat extra for the high dollar premium grade tint film as well.

Old 07-25-2011, 05:47 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by besTint
Tell me more, he says as he steps into the blazing hot car that has sat in the Texas sun all day....

Old 07-25-2011, 07:16 PM
Arrow

Originally Posted by Texasscout
Tell me more, he says as he steps into the blazing hot car that has sat in the Texas sun all day....
cermic tint is designed to block more heat but does NOT mean your car will become an ice box. there is nothing that will keep your car from becoming an oven when sitting out and baking in the sun.

hard to explain that's why most companies that offer ceramic films have a heat lamp display box to SHOW you how well it works.

if you put direct heat through a regular piece of glass, you will feel the heat through the glass. regular tint is designed to give you heat rejection but starts very low and goes up as you go darker.

heat rejection start very high on ceramic films. we use Solar Gard's Ultra Performance lines that has heat rejection starting at 40% at 76% visibility and goes up to 51% at 10% visibility. And they all have 99% UV A&B rejection.

every film company has different percentages from heat rejection to UV protection. some are higher, some are lower. some state higher but dont have the proof to show it and so on.

Tests have shown that the cabin does stay cooler when you test 2 of the same cars with same exterior and interior colors. 1 with tint and 1 without. but its very little differences your not gonna appreciate when its 100+degrees outsite.

this was an article done by modified magazine at our shop a while back.

http://www.modified.com/tech/modp-10...lms/index.html

Old 07-25-2011, 08:59 PM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
I remember someone around me having 5% on windshield on TB SS now that i remember it. he couldn't drive his car at night...what an idiot

Old 07-25-2011, 10:22 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Anton_Chigurh
I remember someone around me having 5% on windshield on TB SS now that i remember it. he couldn't drive his car at night...what an idiot
haha a guy i know had 35% on the windshield of his boss mustang and he had to install 2 extra HID headlights just so he could drive at night. I wont lie tho, the things looked pretty legit with 6 headlights lol

Old 10-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tint pricing

I ve never tinted my windows on any of my cars but I want to on my g35.
I was just curious as to how much this should cost so I don't get ripped
Off by somebody just because of my lack of knowledge in the subject. Thanks.

Old 10-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And I ve got an 07 coupe

Old 10-03-2011, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by Sealander
I ve never tinted my windows on any of my cars but I want to on my g35.
I was just curious as to how much this should cost so I don't get ripped
Off by somebody just because of my lack of knowledge in the subject. Thanks.
every shop has different prices because of the type of material they use and their workmanship.

there are literally hundreds of film companies out there. only a handful make decent film that wont bubble, fade, peel within 3 years. i've been in business for 22 years and we've tried them all and found something we like and hasn't failed us with quality and warranty claims when needed.

most places will carry different lines also. for instance, we carry 3 different lines from Solar Gard. some places will have different lines from different companies. people like us because we have experienced tinters and have been in the business doing this for a long time. i dont think we're cheap but i dont think we're expensive either.

i dont know if im allowed to give my pricing on the boards so ill PM pricing so you have an idea on prices. anyones else can PM me also if your curious.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tint Laws