The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Help! - Can't shut down my car - won't lock - I Key problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 02:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help! - Can't shut down my car - won't lock - I Key problem

Hi guys, I took apart my dash last night in my 05 G35x, and installed a PAC AAI-NIS2 and an Ipod cable - nothing too major, and then put everything back together...

After I put everything back, the car now won't recognize my I-Key. Here is a list of what it's doing

-I can't shut down my car all the way (I can't turn the ignition all the way back to lock position)
-The key light is red (as opposed to green)
-I can still start my car even though the key light is red
-The car is making a constant beeping sound (probably due to the fact that I can't fully turn off my car)
-I can't lock my doors (again, probably because I can't fully turn off my car)
-car not responsive to any Ikey button (lock , unlock , etc)

Anybody have any idea what's causing this? (and how I can fix it)

I am considering taking the car into the dealer and have them look at it, but will my warranty be affected because I put in the PAC AAI-NIS2?

I would appreciate any input...my car is currently making sad beeping noises at me.

Thanks

Old 12-19-2008, 02:31 AM
Received 110 Likes on 72 Posts
G35 Coupe
my best suggestion would be first to check all the fuses, see if you blew any and after that take the dash apart and try retrace your steps / reinstall the ipod interface.

Odds are that your warranty is shot because you attempted this on your own...an infiniti dealer won't let this slide, I would imagine that no dealer would, so honestly I would rip the dashboard back apart or you can try your luck with the dealer, but be ready to grab your ankles.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:31 PM
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
dont take it back to the dealer, adding things to your car especially re wiring things will definitely fuc.k up your warrentee

Old 12-19-2008, 04:46 PM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
You definitely want to get an audio tech or elec tech to look at that if you can't figure it out. There's also a way to re-program the key somewhere on these boards, it might be in your manual.

If you go to the dealer, they will void your warranty. Maybe even your drivetrain warranty because it screwed up the ECU.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:06 PM
Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts
Sounds lke you forgot to plug something back in or in good enough when re-assembling your dash...

Take it back apart and check everything very carefully...

Old 12-22-2008, 03:37 PM
Car's fixed -
So I went back, took everything out, checked all the connections and tried again, and everything seems to be fixed now. From reading the forums, my best guess as to what happened the first time when I did the install was I had somehow messed with one of the I-key antenna. I had crammed the PAC unit all the way in the back to the right, and apparently that is right where an I-key antenna is, so either the PAC unit was interferring with the antena or I had accidentally knocked the anteana loose when cramming the thing back into that space.

Either way, the car is fixed now and running great. Thanks everyone for your input.

Old 05-01-2016, 04:05 PM
i had the same problem EXACT same symptoms and everything but the solution to my problem was different. when you remove the shift **** there is a short plastic rod that connects to the **** mine was in the wrong position. all i had to do was take the rod out turn it 90 degrees and put it back in. i just bought the car so i assume that it got messed up when the previous owner had an after market head unit installed. keep in mind i have the G35X not sure if this will work on all other models.