The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Service Engine Soon, VDC Off, Slip lights are all on

Old 01-21-2010, 12:27 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by G'dUp954
sorry... to ask this is embrassing and all but what does the vdc do?
vehicle dynamic control. traction control. you want that.

Tek12x, invest in an OBDII scanner - you can pick a good one up on ebay for about $100. goot to know it was relatively cheap for you. did the dealer reimburse you the diagnostic fee?

Old 01-23-2010, 11:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My problem was Code P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor Passenger side :1 gonna replace it and see what happens,

VDC = Vehicle Dynamic Control, its Traction Control and it will assest you when doing sharp turns it will control the brakes so that the car will not totally slip.

Last edited by NETSHARK; 01-23-2010 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-21-2010, 12:25 PM
ok so my car is doing the exact same thing here are the codes:

p0335 ckp-sen/circut - which is crank pos sensor which i replaced yesterday $120
p0037 h02s2 htr (b1) - pass side o2 was unplugged i clipped back in and hope its fine.

b1035 crash zone sensor comm fail - the front crash zone sensor on inside of bumper someone cut the harness and the sensor is ther but no harness to plug into it , wierd but i bought it like that.

c1130 engine signal 1
c1107 fr rh sensor-2 totally confused
c1108 fr lh sensor-2

ok so for these im totally confused, i just bought new khumo tires, and it seemed to have gotten better. I pluged my o2 back in and replaced the cranck sensor and got new tires and thought i got it mostly fixed <although my tire sensor light is still on i got to get that reset, not sure if that effects anything>

my lights went away for half a day and now they are back. before tho it drove like a bag of ****, the car wouldnt rev and it stuttered like it was cutting the fuel out on me or something. and when im driving the slip and vdc lights would come on, the service engine soon would be on already and then it would really not want to drive at all.

so i drove it out last night and it drove great i was breaking in the new tranny and clearing out the engine carbon cus its been sitting for a year now. and then all of the sudden the service engine soon, vdc and slip come back on and im like wtf am i back at square 1 here.

since the vehicle was in a front end accident before im thinkin wheel alignment would be issue with the front sensorsbecause my brake fluid is topped off let me know thanks

Old 02-21-2010, 12:35 PM
check:

Originally Posted by Mr. Uy
Doing some searching and found this. I pulled the same three lights, and pulled the same code. I had problems with the engine being hard to start, and what felt like a loss of power while driving. I had 6 codes appear on the OBD-II scanner, but they were all the same. Replaced the sensor. The "stalling" problem went away, but the car is still hard to start. I keep clearing the codes, but they keep coming back, but only 4 instead of 6, so it had to have fixed something. Car runs fine other than the starting problem. Any ideas?

For the starting issue... research the crank angle sensor. Nissan had a bad batch manufactured from 03-04 models in ALL nissans. its actually a recall in some vehicles. I have a Boosted Nissan Specv Sentra and a 04 G35 coupe and an 09 altima but no issues yet. the Sentra had the recall done thru my demanding ways now that im reading your thread ill go to infiniti to check my recalls. sorry to hear the issue bro!

Old 02-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Ohio G Club moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
OBDII scanner,im def going to pick one of these up..theres alot on ebay for around 40.00,they look like the same ones used at autozone and advanced auto

Old 02-23-2010, 12:58 AM
so anybody solved the starting issue?! i had a code(po345) as well just recently and already replaced the sensors but now the car cranks for 2-3 seconds before it turns over!
help,ppl..please!

thanks
jay

Old 02-25-2010, 01:26 AM
hey guys my car just did the same thing tonight, i was warmed up the car and went to the gym, an hour later i got out, let the car warm up again for 2 minutes, then stopped by a gas station, turned the car back on with no problems drive a block and get into the left turn lane so i can go to HEB and i sit there for a minute then when the light turns green my car stalled out and all three lights came on. im so lucky no one was behind me and my car got thru before the light turned red. the car was going like 2mph and i couldnt accelerate, i stopped the car in the parking lot, and turned it off and on, no cranking problems or anything, the service engine soon light was still on. the car drove home fine, the gas was full, the gas cap was tight, the battery was good, no ac or heater was on, i just dont understand what happened. my car is an 04 coupe, auto, 74k miles.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:52 PM
I had the same problem happen to me last night in my 05 AT coupe. The three lights lit up on my way home. Car didn't stall or anything, but it did take a few seconds start before I went out last night. I didnt think much of it until the problem happened. Hope its nothing major!

Old 03-01-2010, 02:37 AM
this might sounds crazy, but you guys with all these problems might want to check your grounds... body and engine grounds. bad grounds have been known to cause weird electrical issues and setting codes. just a thought. its also a simple check.. simply
remove ground wires, clean wires and body/engine ground contact points, and reinstall.

Old 03-01-2010, 02:37 AM
^^ hope that will help with some of your problems.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Antronig
ok so my car is doing the exact same thing here are the codes:

p0335 ckp-sen/circut - which is crank pos sensor which i replaced yesterday $120
p0037 h02s2 htr (b1) - pass side o2 was unplugged i clipped back in and hope its fine.

b1035 crash zone sensor comm fail - the front crash zone sensor on inside of bumper someone cut the harness and the sensor is ther but no harness to plug into it , wierd but i bought it like that.

c1130 engine signal 1
c1107 fr rh sensor-2 totally confused
c1108 fr lh sensor-2

ok so for these im totally confused, i just bought new khumo tires, and it seemed to have gotten better. I pluged my o2 back in and replaced the cranck sensor and got new tires and thought i got it mostly fixed <although my tire sensor light is still on i got to get that reset, not sure if that effects anything>

my lights went away for half a day and now they are back. before tho it drove like a bag of ****, the car wouldnt rev and it stuttered like it was cutting the fuel out on me or something. and when im driving the slip and vdc lights would come on, the service engine soon would be on already and then it would really not want to drive at all.

so i drove it out last night and it drove great i was breaking in the new tranny and clearing out the engine carbon cus its been sitting for a year now. and then all of the sudden the service engine soon, vdc and slip come back on and im like wtf am i back at square 1 here.

since the vehicle was in a front end accident before im thinkin wheel alignment would be issue with the front sensors because my brake fluid is topped off let me know thanks
Sounds like your car mighta been in a wreck before you bought it. The communications error with the crash sensor can be fixed. Not sure how much. Need to find the harness and get it reattached. The other codes for front rh and lh sensor could be your wheels speed sensors. Mine came disconnected and Infiniti found it. When they plugged it back in, lights went away.

You don't "reset" tire pressure lights. The light is on because you either have tire pressures set wrong for the car, they're off by more than 4 pounds between tires or your car is having communications issues with the TPMS sensors in the wheels. That could simply be that when you got the new tires put on that a sensor got broken or they didn't replace the sensors during the tire change. It could be worse that the transmitter/receiver on the car is broken. Not sure how to diagnose that.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Had the same issue on my 04 coupe. Searched on the forum and found my answer. $60 bucks later (have a discount at dealers) and my car was good as new. I love this site!

Old 03-08-2010, 10:02 PM
What did you replace to fix it? I have the code P0340 and just replaced my bank 1 cam sensor. All driving issues have been fixed the only problem that remains is the SES, VDC, and Slip lights and it is hard to start. Could it be the crank angle sensor or would anyone suggest something else?

Old 03-09-2010, 01:44 AM
i've replaced both bank 1 and bank 2 sensors and the lights are still on but the stallin went away now when i start the car it cranks for like 2-3 secs. before it turns over and im still gettin a PO345 code..im about just almost to giving up and get it diagnose and possibly get ripped off!

Old 03-22-2010, 04:59 PM
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
me too.

Add another car to this starting problem, etc.... Also getting code P0340 ...

What is it with all the cars getting this lately.

The following users liked this post:
RedG (06-29-2012)

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Service Engine Soon, VDC Off, Slip lights are all on