G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

I can't let her go...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 09:47 PM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
Unhappy I can't let her go...

So recently, I made a thread about parting out my coupe. I did some math and even on a trade-in, I'd still probably have to carry 3-4k over on my new truck.

I've been carrying negative equity over on cars every time I've bought them. Sucks.

So now I'm trying to get the motivation to keep going with my G...

What has some people done when they felt like they were letting go?

Help me out friends...I want the love back...

Old 11-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts
i know exactly how u feel, i made the mistake with my first vehicle, my jeep, and refuse to let it happen again!

Old 11-14-2010, 09:50 PM
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
Haha i str8 pipped mine and went on a canyon run. Loved how it sounded, so decided to bring my sedan back to life, back, back to life.
I couldve been rolling on a 05 charger srt8. But im happy with my decision.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:57 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Why do you feel like you have to 'keep going'? The G35 is just a car, if you've lost your passion or interest in modding it, just part it out and drive it like a daily driver until the wheels fall off. That way you save a lot of money, a lot of hassle and headache that modding inevitably brings, and will be able to save some money for your next car so you won't be in the same situation.

This is what I am planning to do in two years when I graduate from school. Part out all of my expensive mods then drive the car until it dies.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:03 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by speeddream
Haha i str8 pipped mine and went on a canyon run. Loved how it sounded, so decided to bring my sedan back to life, back, back to life.
I could've been rolling on a 05 charger srt8. But im happy with my decision.
You obviously made the right decision. I've never been impressed by any thing that Chrysler put out....not since my Dads '57 Dodge Hemi HT. Johnny, keep your coupe for at least 2 more years or until you have the pink....
Gary

Old 11-14-2010, 10:04 PM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx
i know exactly how u feel, i made the mistake with my first vehicle, my jeep, and refuse to let it happen again!
fawkin sucks!!!

Originally Posted by speeddream
I couldve been rolling on a 05 charger srt8. But im happy with my decision.
See I was thinking about going 'functional' with it and make it fun to drive again rather than getting scared of road reflectors...lol

Originally Posted by tragedycat
Why do you feel like you have to 'keep going'? The G35 is just a car, if you've lost your passion or interest in modding it, just part it out and drive it like a daily driver until the wheels fall off. That way you save a lot of money, a lot of hassle and headache that modding inevitably brings, and will be able to save some money for your next car so you won't be in the same situation.

This is what I am planning to do in two years when I graduate from school. Part out all of my expensive mods then drive the car until it dies.
I have a DD already that is my beater. The G (even stock) isn't practical for where I live and work.

But I was also thinking of selling my Civic and just buying an older small truck so I can start working on my house without asking people to use their trucks...idk

and as for modding...good point but I never leave anything stock lmfao

Old 11-15-2010, 12:25 AM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
You don't have to price a new GMC, Johnny. Like you said, you can always get a smaller truck so you can haul stuff around all the time. A friend of mine did that. He picked up a little Toyota T100 and turned his former DD (older f-body) into his project car.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:38 AM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Just keep it and sell it when its paid off..

Old 11-15-2010, 02:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
compound turbo charge it, roll cage it and then go here http://www.scta-bni.org/ i have yet to see or even hear about a G doing this, it's my dream to do this with my G keyword is dream.

Last edited by (Stealth Inc.); 11-15-2010 at 02:31 AM.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:02 AM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Do you have performance mods? Those always keep me going.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do what makes you happy. It took me a couple months to decide to sell my G and buy a GTR. If I was really ballin' I would have both but two coupes isnt very practical.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:23 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
One thing I do to keep the G fresh is to do little mods here and there so there's something new to look at/play with all the time. I'm going on having the car for 2 years which is when I usually get the itch for something new. No itch yet!!

Old 11-15-2010, 10:16 AM
N80
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That's one of the reason I don't do any major mods on vehicles anymore. Not only do you have your car payments but you've also spent a ton on mods that you can't get your money out of and that devalue the car. Its a fiscal nightmare. I'm not criticizing folks who like doing it and feel like they get their money's worth out of the mods, if it floats your boat then its great. And I've been down the mod road on several trucks. Will never do it again.

But here's an idea. Un-mod your car enough to make it driveable and then find fun ways to drive it. This car is a blast on twisty country roads and even better in the mountains. Plan road trips to good places to drive. This is how I'm having the most fun with my stock 6MT. There are road tracks all over the country where for a couple hundred bucks you can go to performance driving events and see what this car can really do. In my mind, this thing is a car. Its made for driving more than it is for bolting things to and staring at. And driving, even tracking, is a lot less expensive than a mod addiction. Shoot, a crack addiction is probably cheaper than a mod addiction.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just go on a decent length trip... just you and your car on a nice back road with no traffic... just crusing in my car in the previously stated conditions helps me appreciate the car more

Old 11-15-2010, 12:16 PM
Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
KEEP IT BRO ! im redoing mine all over again

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I can't let her go...