The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What did you do to the G today?

Old 01-18-2017, 07:55 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Swaglife81
I got a Pioneer AVH-X2800BS I'm putting in and going with active network mode with Raw drivers. I got some SB Acoustic tweets, can't remember the on but the 6.5s I want from Stereo Integrity are on back order. They have a crazy Xmas and give true midbass most cars lack. What model Pioneer is that. I already have a aftermarket single din what's lacking is the steering wheel harness so that part of the install will be simple. Did you run all your remote and RCA's also? This is my first G install but I've seen some people run through the middle of the car back.
The head unit is a pioneer AVH-x5500BHS. My neighbor and I installed it. He has a G35 coupe just like mine so he's already done his. We ran the RCA and remote behind the dash on passengers side, behind the glove box and down under the door rails between carpet and body. You'll have to take out the backseat to pass wires through into the trunk. I took car to local sound shop to run the amp power wire, I didn't want to mess with going through the firewall. He ran the power wire on the drivers side through the firewall and ran wire back same way on drivers side.
While we had the glove box out we replaced the interior air (cockpit) filter while we had access to it. It had so much leaf and dirt built up. If you go same rout I highly recommend replacing yours also

Old 01-18-2017, 09:19 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by lasen72
The head unit is a pioneer AVH-x5500BHS. My neighbor and I installed it. He has a G35 coupe just like mine so he's already done his. We ran the RCA and remote behind the dash on passengers side, behind the glove box and down under the door rails between carpet and body. You'll have to take out the backseat to pass wires through into the trunk. I took car to local sound shop to run the amp power wire, I didn't want to mess with going through the firewall. He ran the power wire on the drivers side through the firewall and ran wire back same way on drivers side.
While we had the glove box out we replaced the interior air (cockpit) filter while we had access to it. It had so much leaf and dirt built up. If you go same rout I highly recommend replacing yours also
My filter was so dirty it had to have been 10 years old. You'll like that HU. I would have ran the power wire on the passenger side and RCA's on the driver side but that's me. Do you have an amp or sub yet. Just getting ready. That's awesome you have neighborly help like that

Old 01-18-2017, 09:46 PM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?
the stock z?
... is my buddies yeah. I obv drive the riced out G.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:07 AM
Originally Posted by Swaglife81
My filter was so dirty it had to have been 10 years old. You'll like that HU. I would have ran the power wire on the passenger side and RCA's on the driver side but that's me. Do you have an amp or sub yet. Just getting ready. That's awesome you have neighborly help like that
Crazy story, the day I got my G35, my nephew posted it on a local VQ FB page. This guy started commenting on the pic saying it was just like his that went missing. I sent him a PM to make sure he was just messing, which he was. Turns out our cars are pretty identical, his 07 mine 06, color the same both 6mt. We text about the cars for over an hour. Next day I realized we lived 2 doors down in same apartments.
Right now I've got a 100 watt Phoenix Gold Xenon amp with a 10" kicker comp sub in a Z box (which the neighbor gave me). I plan on building a new box using the Z box as a template but build it as a dual 10 with the speakers facing the front.

Old 01-19-2017, 02:13 AM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
im running morel elate sw6 with stock headunit and an ms-8

Old 01-19-2017, 11:22 AM
Banned
Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Brooks
How did it feel on the track in the wet.
It was a crazy experience. Hard to really put into words. The car did really well under the conditions. I found the cars limits fast and then it was game on hitting puddles at over 120-130 not lifting while the car pitched out and cornering speeds between 80-100 stepping the back end out was amazing.

Here is a action shot at Road Atlanta when it was dry.

The following users liked this post:
lasen72 (01-19-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 04:19 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
Originally Posted by Conissah
... is my buddies yeah. I obv drive the riced out G.
wat is it u like about it so much? its jus stock silver z.

Old 01-19-2017, 11:53 PM
Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Z1Motorsports
It was a crazy experience. Hard to really put into words. The car did really well under the conditions. I found the cars limits fast and then it was game on hitting puddles at over 120-130 not lifting while the car pitched out and cornering speeds between 80-100 stepping the back end out was amazing.

Here is a action shot at Road Atlanta when it was dry.

Looking good, these cars do well on a track. Not to mention it looks Hellah good with those wheels and kuruma z.

Old 01-20-2017, 06:54 AM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Lol hellah
Muslim for "hella"

Old 01-21-2017, 12:00 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by lasen72
Crazy story, the day I got my G35, my nephew posted it on a local VQ FB page. This guy started commenting on the pic saying it was just like his that went missing. I sent him a PM to make sure he was just messing, which he was. Turns out our cars are pretty identical, his 07 mine 06, color the same both 6mt. We text about the cars for over an hour. Next day I realized we lived 2 doors down in same apartments.
Right now I've got a 100 watt Phoenix Gold Xenon amp with a 10" kicker comp sub in a Z box (which the neighbor gave me). I plan on building a new box using the Z box as a template but build it as a dual 10 with the speakers facing the front.

Cool cool. Have you decided what subs your gonna get

Originally Posted by .cakestar
im running morel elate sw6 with stock headunit and an ms-8
Damn, cake you have the best of everything it seems. I ordered the JBL MS-2 the other day to use with 3.5 aux since I need quality but my build is on pause because of life.

Old 01-21-2017, 01:47 AM
[QUOTE=Swaglife81;7092111]Cool cool. Have you decided what subs your gonna get

Well in the last couple days my direction for the car has shifted slightly. I have a pair of 10" kicker comps that I got super cheap from a friend, so I'm gonna use those for the time being. A friend from the local VQ group here has a set of volk GTMs I'm gonna buy, and met a member on here that has a Set of Eibach sportline springs, so I think I'm gonna work on that for now and use the speakers I have for now. I've had the car less than a month and have already put a good bit of cash into it, haha

Old 01-21-2017, 10:27 AM
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Finally washed off all the salt from the ice and snow we got in NC. Also, I made a video of my stancey car, lmk what yall think PLEASE! Be critical, I need honest opinions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwl10yUm2cQ

No tint on the front windows?

Tint is a must for me in the FL heat. Also adds to the "mysterious" look, but that can be a preference.

Car looks good overall. I'm not a fan of stickers either, but its your ride.

I would imagine you scrape with that lowered suspension? How does it ride on the daily?

Old 01-21-2017, 01:23 PM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Discovered the source of the chirping from my engine bay. Ended up replaced the A/C tensioner pulley (bearing was gone) as well as both belts. Literally only took me 30 minutes once I got the car in the air. Very good use of $93.

Originally Posted by Justice06RR
No tint on the front windows?

Tint is a must for me in the FL heat. Also adds to the "mysterious" look, but that can be a preference.

Car looks good overall. I'm not a fan of stickers either, but its your ride.

I would imagine you scrape with that lowered suspension? How does it ride on the daily?
It was 20% tint all around but I failed inspection, it annoys the crap out of me. And idk why everyone hates the stickers, I absolutely love them lol. As for daily'ing this height, it can be annoying. Yes it scrapes, but not near as bad as you would think. It's a little stiff but to be honest I really need stiffer springs, the 10k front and 8k rear are a little soft for how low the car is. But I absolutely love it, and the crazy rear camber is soon to be no more, I have new tires which will bring the -8. 5 to a more reasonable number.

Last edited by Conissah; 01-21-2017 at 01:27 PM.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:09 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Discovered the source of the chirping from my engine bay. Ended up replaced the A/C tensioner pulley (bearing was gone) as well as both belts. Literally only took me 30 minutes once I got the car in the air. Very good use of $93.

Awesome!!

It was 20% tint all around but I failed inspection, it annoys the crap out of me. And idk why everyone hates the stickers, (because the make the car look like something a 12 year old would be proud of) I absolutely love them lol. As for daily'ing this height, it can be annoying. Yes it scrapes, but not near as bad as you would think. It's a little stiff but to be honest I really need stiffer springs, the 10k front and 8k rear are a little soft for how low the car is. But I absolutely love it, and the crazy rear camber is soon to be no more, I have new tires which will bring the -8. 5 to a more reasonable number. (thank God you came to your senses, just hope that number isn't -7.5 lol)
See responses above in red. My issue with the stickers is that to me they scream "Look at me" which implies of a level of immaturity of the owner, like you're asking people to look at the car. I think the car should command attention by being carefully/tastefully modded and different enough it turns heads when people see it. But just my .02, we're all different.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:09 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Yep IIRC NC law says no more than 35% tint. I'm at 38.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G today?