The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What did you do to the G today?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-27-2017, 12:48 PM
Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Conissah
Drove 5 hours to Atlanta for Import Alliance, 580 mile round trip. Had a blast, right until I got back to my apt and ran over and ENTIRE deer laying in the middle of the road. Hoping I didn't break anything, I don't have a jack so I have to wait for a friend to check it out. Its always something...
Dude. How did you fit a deer under there? I tried to straddle a dead cat in the road that popped up all the sudden and bumpity bump it went rolling out the back... poor kitty.

Old 03-27-2017, 12:58 PM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by EPiK
Dude. How did you fit a deer under there? I tried to straddle a dead cat in the road that popped up all the sudden and bumpity bump it went rolling out the back... poor kitty.
I have no idea. I was rolling to a red light maybe going 20, and the car in front of me straddled it and there was nothing I could do. I came up out of my seat, somehow it didn't damage front bumper or my diffuser, although there is hair stuck to both.

Old 03-27-2017, 03:03 PM
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
Drove 5 hours to Atlanta for Import Alliance, 580 mile round trip. Had a blast, right until I got back to my apt and ran over and ENTIRE deer laying in the middle of the road. Hoping I didn't break anything, I don't have a jack so I have to wait for a friend to check it out. Its always something...
You in your slammed car.. ran over a deer? I hit a crow once that I guess didn't see me and it scared the @#$% out of me cause how loud it was. I hope your car is okay, but doubtful. If it's okay then you're cheating the system somehow 😂

Old 03-27-2017, 05:05 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
It's been a long week without SLICK, I get her back from the body shop tomorrow. Cleaned the garage floor/driveway with Muriatic acid, like new! Not having SLICK in my garage has given me a chance and the room to work on my Wife's Corvette! Amazing how well boredom can make a car look, don't believe the Vette has looked this good ever...
Gary
I know this is a "What did you do to the G" thread but you should still show us a progress pic of the Vette!

Originally Posted by EPiK
I straddled a water bottle in the road and heard squash underneath

Old 03-27-2017, 06:01 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
How the hell someone can have a modified car and not own a jack?

Old 03-27-2017, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
You have like 0.3" of clearance you can't go over the deer!

Old 03-27-2017, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by saywat?
How the hell someone can have a modified car and not own a jack?
I do, but not with me at my apartment for school. If I want to drive an hour home to have space and tools I would.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:08 PM
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
Summer wheels back on along with new Conti Extremecontact DWs and a solid bath. First pic is a pre-summer wheel change, the rest are post.

Received my new OEM driver and passenger weather strips for the windows as well since they were getting old and have some air whistling through them at times.

Sorry, no giant wings, ill-fitting body kits or slammed wheels with 50 degrees of negative camber. My G is one of the lucky ones!

Last edited by JZ39; 03-28-2017 at 10:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
lasen72 (03-29-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 11:44 PM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
hahaha i daily my is-f and the g is the project.

Originally Posted by JZ39
Summer wheels back on along with new Conti Extremecontact DWs and a solid bath. First pic is a pre-summer wheel change, the rest are post.

Received my new OEM driver and passenger weather strips for the windows as well since they were getting old and have some air whistling through them at times.

Sorry, no giant wings, ill-fitting body kits or slammed wheels with 50 degrees of negative camber. My G is one of the lucky ones!

Old 03-29-2017, 07:07 AM
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
^^^the more I replace on the G, the more I am enjoying driving it! The new JWT clutch has transformed the car--it is that good. The clutch pedal and shifter feel so much lighter and the shifts are snick, snick now. I honestly can't believe how different it made the car feel. And the fact that it catches so low really gets the car moving. JWT clearly continued to work on this clutch over the years because it is night and day over the one I had in 2005! Driving a manual will always be more fun and rewarding than an auto.

Also, much cheaper to have the G as a project than the ISF!

Old 03-29-2017, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Off for an alignment. Thanks free insurance towing!

What did you do to the G today?-photo196.jpg

Old 04-03-2017, 11:51 PM
Found time to go home and paint my chipped and peeling faces on my wheels. Settled on a matte grey b/ why not. For $18 worth of paint they completely transformed the entire car. Also polished up the center caps while I was waiting on the paint to dry.

BBEEFFOORREE

AAFFTTEERR

Old 04-04-2017, 11:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am about to finish polishing my plenum then i will start on the timing chain cover and wire tuck with braided lines and i ordered new paint i will post pics when i finish. I have an appointment for a new header back custom exhaust and tint

Old 04-04-2017, 02:32 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Found time to go home and paint my chipped and peeling faces on my wheels. Settled on a matte grey b/ why not. For $18 worth of paint they completely transformed the entire car. Also polished up the center caps while I was waiting on the paint to dry.

BBEEFFOORREE

AAFFTTEERR
How did you go about painting them? Did you let the air out the tires then unbolt the centers or just mask the dish off?
I really don't like the matt black on my centers (and the chips/digs) so I'm considering painting them over - maybe even just satin black or remove the paint and polish it.

Old 04-04-2017, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by BradMD_96
How did you go about painting them? Did you let the air out the tires then unbolt the centers or just mask the dish off?
I really don't like the matt black on my centers (and the chips/digs) so I'm considering painting them over - maybe even just satin black or remove the paint and polish it.

Unbolting is the way to go, but I didn't wanna risk popping the bead on my tires since I have a slight stretch, so I just masked off the lips and then sprayed the faces. Believe it or not, and roast me if you feel like it, but it's plastidip. At one point I'm going to have the faces stripped and powder coated but I am not in a situation to do that, so $18 worth of plastidip did the trick. And since it isn't permanent like paint, I can peel it and paint it a different color when I get tired of the grey. If you can take the faces off then do it, but I couldn't. However, my faces were in horrible condition, to the point where I could peel it with my hand. So I spent literally 4 hours wire wheeling and sanding the faces so they were buttery smooth before I dipped them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G today?