G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Had a nightmare experience *Please advise*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 08:33 AM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Had a nightmare experience *Please advise*

Hey Guys,

So, I have been buying my tires and having balancing done and what not at my local belle tire. Well, needless to say, I went in for an alignment months ago and when I got the car back the steering wheel was crooked... so I went back and asked them to straighten the steering wheel. They did and It turned out better than it was before and I went on my way.

I went back yesterday to get an alignment because I got brand new tires and I did a little work on my suspension, so I needed to make sure everything was in spec. I got the car back and the steering wheel was crooked toward the right so I took it back and told them again to correct the steering wheel. Then after they brought the car back out, i walked up to it seeing that the worker who pulled it up, smashed the front bumper on the curb, It was pressed up against the curb as I walked out and now there are scrapes on my front bumper......

I have to throw in as well, my steering wheel is still like 1 degree to the right. Its not "factory perfect" still......

why do I have such bad luck....

Old 09-05-2014, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Them scraping your bumper is an issue you are going to need to contact them about. I would have never left before they noted it.

Old 09-05-2014, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
After my alignment my steering wheel was off a tad too -,- they instantly fixed it.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:04 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
This isn't bad luck, you just haven't learned your lesson! Once your alignment is done right you don't need to have it done again unless you notice your tires not wearing correctly. Why did you leave the shop knowing your front bumper was damaged, you should have brought it to there attention! I always walk around my coupe even with company's I trust. You need to find a new alignment shop, this mechanic is a flake. The very first thing you do when setting alignment is to center and lock down the steering wheel. I have 3 alignment shop in my neighborhood I trust, only does the job 100%...Gary

Old 09-05-2014, 10:17 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
I have 115,000 miles on my Nissan Frontier and I have never had it aligned. Tire wear is perfect.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:04 AM
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
You need to take it to them for smashing your bumper, preferably on the spot when it happened. Now it might be a flaky situation because they'll just deny it unless if there's security cameras nearby that someone can pull up and check out (Highly doubt it though).

Use your bad luck anger to win this fight.

PS: Find a new shop for these things

Old 09-05-2014, 11:33 AM
Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts
I'd find a new shop. I like using Yelp to find shops that people like and have the least issues. I wouldnt have left the shop with the bumper like that. Did they present the car to you will the bumper in the curb?

Old 09-05-2014, 02:47 PM
Received 211 Likes on 179 Posts
Should have never left without talking to them about the bumper... Now the bumper is on you. The steering wheel... Well..... I've had my car aligned once. That was because i messed with the suspension and got wider wheels and new tires. All of those justified it..... But if I walked out and it ws smashed up I would go back in for a chat.

Old 09-05-2014, 03:18 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Thanks for the response guys, I didn't even get to my car before I showed them the bumper, luckily it's not terrible damage and I believe I could potentially touch it up my self with a light blend and sand etc etc, however they did tell me that they wanted to help me out, but I didn't want them to have the bumper fixed because to me it's not terrible so they agreed to perform some work for me for free, I needed a brake flush, rotation and a few little things for my lexus so they agreed to do it at no cost and they put it in writing, my question is, what would you guys have done? I'm gonna attach a picture of the bumper so you can see what I'm talking about

The fine white scraping at the bottom was the result, the car was clearly pressed against the sidewalk so they knew it was their mistake, i mean I am not a super assertive person I get more disappointed than angry but I made sure that I followed up on everything that I was not happy about, but the steering wheel is still literally like a degree off, I just don't get how people cannot comete the job correctly even after a customer brought it back and it was obviously not right...

Last edited by willmkent; 09-05-2014 at 03:23 PM.