G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Denver/Metro area guys

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 03:26 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Denver/Metro area guys

Hey guys,

So I've got my 04 g35 6mt out here in denver with rotalla f107s on my stock 18's. My car is TERRIBLE in the snow. I was going up broadway to DIA last Sunday with a half inch of wet snow falling, and I could not get any traction in the rear wheels whatsoever even with a full tank of gas and 100lbs of junk in the trunk. Even getting it moving to 3mph on flat road had me going sideways, and when I encountered a slight hill going 15mph I could not stop, ended up going through straight through a red light (VDC kept her straight, still couldn't stop in time despite my low speed). Thankfully I only had about 15 city blocks to go to get to my garage, and made it with no further incident.

Right now I'm researching snow/winter tires, hoping that it will make a difference. Back east (and with different tires, first Michelins and then some Falkens) I remember her being ok to decent in up to 3" of snow, but not this bad.

Any who, even though I've found some old info on the forums after searching, I wanted to see if anyone in this area (or another snowy/hilly area) can give me some up-to-date insight on the best winter/snow tire outfit for my G. I would hate to have to trade her in for a subaru (that would feel like treason) but with me starting a new job in Boulder (i live downtown denver) it will become imperative that my car can handle a few inches of snow now and then.

I've had her since 09, 142k miles total now (got her with 52) and I'd really love to find a way to keep her. I don't need to be out in a blizzard, or going up into the mountains, but I do need to find a way to get through the Denver winter.

Budget for the right tires is not a concern, but I would like to keep the price reasonable while getting the best bang for my buck.

Also, while we're at it, though I try do most of the work on my car myself, living downtown in the city has made that extremely impractical. I've gotten my last few changes at firestone (along with an alignment), but if anyone has a good shop for the G within 20-30 mins of the city center, I'm all ears!

Last edited by jsmith29; 12-07-2015 at 03:33 PM.
Old 12-08-2015, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by jsmith29
Hey guys,

So I've got my 04 g35 6mt out here in denver with rotalla f107s on my stock 18's. My car is TERRIBLE in the snow. I was going up broadway to DIA last Sunday with a half inch of wet snow falling, and I could not get any traction in the rear wheels whatsoever even with a full tank of gas and 100lbs of junk in the trunk. Even getting it moving to 3mph on flat road had me going sideways, and when I encountered a slight hill going 15mph I could not stop, ended up going through straight through a red light (VDC kept her straight, still couldn't stop in time despite my low speed). Thankfully I only had about 15 city blocks to go to get to my garage, and made it with no further incident.

Right now I'm researching snow/winter tires, hoping that it will make a difference. Back east (and with different tires, first Michelins and then some Falkens) I remember her being ok to decent in up to 3" of snow, but not this bad.

Any who, even though I've found some old info on the forums after searching, I wanted to see if anyone in this area (or another snowy/hilly area) can give me some up-to-date insight on the best winter/snow tire outfit for my G. I would hate to have to trade her in for a subaru (that would feel like treason) but with me starting a new job in Boulder (i live downtown denver) it will become imperative that my car can handle a few inches of snow now and then.

I've had her since 09, 142k miles total now (got her with 52) and I'd really love to find a way to keep her. I don't need to be out in a blizzard, or going up into the mountains, but I do need to find a way to get through the Denver winter.

Budget for the right tires is not a concern, but I would like to keep the price reasonable while getting the best bang for my buck.

Also, while we're at it, though I try do most of the work on my car myself, living downtown in the city has made that extremely impractical. I've gotten my last few changes at firestone (along with an alignment), but if anyone has a good shop for the G within 20-30 mins of the city center, I'm all ears!
I have Michelin Pilot AS/3 on my G
They got me home ok in a raging NJ snowstorm but not up 8 inches of unplowed snow in my driveway.

Name:  2014-02--07MyPictures020714-005_zpsed2f1a06.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  103.3 KB

Telcoman

The following users liked this post:
jsmith29 (12-10-2015)
Old 12-09-2015, 09:27 PM
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Go on facebook and search for a group called "VQCO" and all your problems will be solved!

If you can't find it from searching, PM a member on here named "jookyshank" and ask about the VQCO group. If you don't get a response from him just shoot me a PM and I'll have you added to the page.

It's a group of Nissan/Infiniti owners that live in the Denver area. Pretty sure someone is selling a set of snow tires for cheap right now so you might be in luck.

The following users liked this post:
jsmith29 (12-10-2015)
Old 12-10-2015, 11:09 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Thanks guys!!!!