The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

G35 wont turn on after a drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 07:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 wont turn on after a drive

My g35 is starting to act stupid, like three weeks ago i was driving it around for like 20 minutes i got back home turned it off went in for like ten minutes came out tried to start it and nothing no crank no sound at all tried to jump it nothing the camshaft sensors are new , new starter battery sparkplugs what could it be last it only happens after i drive it for a more than 5 minutes i have to let it sit ovenight sometimes even three days i cleaned all the terminals grounds everything could it be another sensor please help guys 2005 g35 coupe 83,000 miles

Old 05-12-2016, 09:45 PM
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
check all your fuses. any check engine lights? when you cleaned your grounds did you sand the metal that it contacts? sometimes there is debris under the grounds that doesnt allow it to make good cantact. have you done any recent work on your car before the symptoms started to happen?

Old 05-15-2016, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by Zokey36
My g35 is starting to act stupid, like three weeks ago i was driving it around for like 20 minutes i got back home turned it off went in for like ten minutes came out tried to start it and nothing no crank no sound at all tried to jump it nothing the camshaft sensors are new , new starter battery sparkplugs what could it be last it only happens after i drive it for a more than 5 minutes i have to let it sit ovenight sometimes even three days i cleaned all the terminals grounds everything could it be another sensor please help guys 2005 g35 coupe 83,000 miles
Have you tested your battery?

Name:  MyPictures102409006.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  84.5 KB

Telcoman

Old 05-16-2016, 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by telcoman
Have you tested your battery?

Telcoman
I tested my battery alternator and starter its all good could it be a sensor heating up

Old 05-16-2016, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
I tested my battery alternator and starter its all good could it be a sensor heating up
What and how did you test?

Did you test the specific gravity of each cell in the battery?

Page SC-06

"If, after charging, the specific gravity of any two cells varies more than 0.050, the battery should be
replaced."

Have you tried following the steps in the FSM?

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Coupe/2005/sc.pdf

See pages SC-10, 11

Telcoman

Old 05-20-2016, 10:09 PM

Page SC-06

"If, after charging, the specific gravity of any two cells varies more than 0.050, the battery should be
replaced."

See pages SC-10, 11

Telcoman
Thanks man for this ima check everything all my fuses the battery was bought a month ago dont think thats the problem when the car decides not to turn on it doesnt make a sound a click or anything just the lights turn on, radio all the normal stuff even if i try to jump it nothing its very frustrating one day my car stayed without gas and i kept trying to turn it on and it was just cranking and cranking i tried about five times then it stopped it would crank anymore it would just do a click so figured maybe i killed the starter , so i got the car towed home jacked it up took the starter took it to get tested and it failed bought a new starter installed it the car still didnt turn on till the next day i tried jumping it and boom it turned i drove it good for about two days without any problems then it started doing the thing were it wouldnt crank or turn on after i drove it till the next day and now it litterally doesnt turn on i tried every other day and nothing till one day after four days of just sitting there without being touched i went to try and boom it started without a problem i drove it for 15 minutes and the car ran like a champ i got back home parked it in the knowing that it wasnt gonna turn on its been a week and nothing the cars just sitting

Old 05-24-2016, 07:20 PM

Page SC-06

replaced."

See pages SC-10, 11

Telcoman
Could it be the crank sensor i mean the car does not crank at all

Old 05-25-2016, 12:11 AM
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Thanks man for this ima check everything all my fuses the battery was bought a month ago dont think thats the problem when the car decides not to turn on it doesnt make a sound a click or anything just the lights turn on, radio all the normal stuff even if i try to jump it nothing its very frustrating one day my car stayed without gas and i kept trying to turn it on and it was just cranking and cranking i tried about five times then it stopped it would crank anymore it would just do a click so figured maybe i killed the starter , so i got the car towed home jacked it up took the starter took it to get tested and it failed bought a new starter installed it the car still didnt turn on till the next day i tried jumping it and boom it turned i drove it good for about two days without any problems then it started doing the thing were it wouldnt crank or turn on after i drove it till the next day and now it litterally doesnt turn on i tried every other day and nothing till one day after four days of just sitting there without being touched i went to try and boom it started without a problem i drove it for 15 minutes and the car ran like a champ i got back home parked it in the knowing that it wasnt gonna turn on its been a week and nothing the cars just sitting
did you buy an OEM starter? could be just a bad starter.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by hurleyguys
did you buy an OEM starter? could be just a bad starter.
They were discontinued and i got one from autozone

Old 05-28-2016, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

They were discontinued and i got one from autozone
Why would you replace a OEM starter without testing it first by applying 12v to it while out of the vehicle?
If it was the starter why would you not have a rebuilding shop rebuild it instead of buying some piece of crap from Autozone?

When you hear just a click and the starter does not operate that is a clear indication of a defective battery no matter how new it may be.
When hearing just a click had you measured the voltage across the battery with a voltmeter you would observe the battery voltage drop from around 12v to approximately around 6-7v which is why the starter will not crank.

As I previously suggested to you TEST YOUR BATTERY!

Don't be too embarrassed to let us know the final root cause of your problem.
You'll be helping others not to make the same troubleshooting mistakes that you did.

Good luck

Telcoman

Telcoman

Old 05-30-2016, 11:06 PM
Why would you replace a OEM starter without testing it first by applying 12v to it while out of the vehicle?
If it was the starter why would you not have a rebuilding shop rebuild it instead of buying some piece of crap from Autozone?

When you hear just a click and the starter does not operate that is a clear indication of a defective battery no matter how new it may be.
When hearing just a click had you measured the voltage across the battery with a voltmeter you would observe the battery voltage drop from around 12v to approximately around 6-7v which is why the starter will not crank.

As I previously suggested to you TEST YOUR BATTERY!

Don't be too embarrassed to let us know the final root cause of your problem.
You'll be helping others not to make the same troubleshooting mistakes that you did.

Good luck

Telcoman

Telcoman
Could the alternator be dead ima take out the battery starter and alternator tomorrow take them to get tested