The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Manual to take out all floor carpet on a G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 12:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manual to take out all floor carpet on a G

Hi, I have a Tan interior carpet on my G, and with the years it can looks like crap.
Since I bought it I want to take it out completely and clean it.
I did that in an old integra of mine a couple of years ago and after that, the car feels and smells like new even if the car is a 15 years old (95 integra).
I want to do the same with my car, but its more complex to take out that carpet in comparisson to my old Integra so, theres a manual or step by step to do that?

Old 10-31-2016, 12:24 PM
Received 575 Likes on 502 Posts
Never heard of it. Just start taking things out of your G then take the carpets out.

Old 10-31-2016, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,017 Likes on 936 Posts
I took out the seats and shampooed the floor like I would the floor mats. Looked fine after.

Old 10-31-2016, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
I took out the seats and shampooed the floor like I would the floor mats. Looked fine after.
What do you mean.
Shampoo and water directly inside the car??

Old 10-31-2016, 05:29 PM
Wings Nation

Received 625 Likes on 456 Posts
Its self-explanatory once you get started. Remove the seats (4 bolts each, plus some harnesses), pop loose the body side trim pieces (including the INFINITI kick plates), seat belt anchors (1 each side, plus passenger side has a sensor), and dead pedal (5AT only) to get most of the carpet free.

Whether you clean it in the car or outside depends on your comfort removing the center console pieces. Its not very hard, but it can be a pain to put some panels back if you aren't comfortable doing that sort of thing. Also, to get the carpet completely free, you may need to tilt up the frame of your radio's head unit slightly to free the piece of the carpet that connects the passenger and driver sides in front of the gear shifter. The picture of the carpet in the service manual doesn't show this strip of carpet, but mine definitely had it. I just cut mine to free it since you'll never see that piece of carpet anyway.

The following 2 users liked this post by bigc:
Blue Dream (11-01-2016), korfak (11-21-2016)
Old 11-01-2016, 06:14 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
BigC dropping knowledge like a boss!! Man I love this forum sometimes, good stuff............

Old 11-21-2016, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by bigc
Its self-explanatory once you get started. Remove the seats (4 bolts each, plus some harnesses), pop loose the body side trim pieces (including the INFINITI kick plates), seat belt anchors (1 each side, plus passenger side has a sensor), and dead pedal (5AT only) to get most of the carpet free.

Whether you clean it in the car or outside depends on your comfort removing the center console pieces. Its not very hard, but it can be a pain to put some panels back if you aren't comfortable doing that sort of thing. Also, to get the carpet completely free, you may need to tilt up the frame of your radio's head unit slightly to free the piece of the carpet that connects the passenger and driver sides in front of the gear shifter. The picture of the carpet in the service manual doesn't show this strip of carpet, but mine definitely had it. I just cut mine to free it since you'll never see that piece of carpet anyway.
Thanks man, im going to do this at summer

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.