The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What do you hate about YOUR G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 04:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by djinferno
-That Button behind the seat that allows electronic move forward bet does not go back...
Mine goes back...? Was that added in '05?
Although it would be nice if it stored it's location after the car was off...

-I don't understand how they can design the seatbelt so poorly for those of us in the 5'10"-6' range. Not to mention the retraction and scratching of the door panel... I solved this problem by not taking off my seatbelt until after I open the door a little.

-Hood should not need a prop-rod (and a light would be nice).

-I have a bad feeling that the back-pain I started experiencing recently has to do with the seat.

-Shift from 1st to 2nd is rough.

-Does anyone else in Florida feel the wipers could move with a little more speed? Sometimes in heavy rain it's almost impossible to see.

Old 08-16-2005, 04:59 PM
-The '04 seat backs don't return to their original position after flipping them to access the rear seats. (I think that's been fixed for '05)
-Impossible to use dipstick.

That's all I can really think of. I love the car.

Old 08-16-2005, 05:03 PM
FGC's official flip flopper
Originally Posted by Time2D
-Does anyone else in Florida feel the wipers could move with a little more speed? Sometimes in heavy rain it's almost impossible to see.
Couldn't agree more. During heavy rains....even the fast speed isn't good enough. And, as an added bonus, mine seem to make a slightly annoying sound when they are on fast. Lucky me!

Old 08-16-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by Time2D
Yeah they are a little slow when it really gets raining. You could try putting some rainx on the windshield and I bet that would help. I have it on mine and most of the time the water flies off before I could even turn the wipers on.

Old 08-16-2005, 06:01 PM
1. No oil pressure gauge ? A "sports" coupe for $40K should at least have an oil pressure gauge IMO.

2. The card holder above the drivers door window ??? What is this for ?

3. Seat controls on the bolster.

4. Tire's on OEM 19's are to loud.

5. No touchscreen on the NAV

6. Get rid of Rev light always on ........

Old 08-16-2005, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Pwoz
I experimented with the first one and my car wouldn't lock itself when left the key and the keyfob in there. (I had the valet key to get it out before anyone says anything).

Also, if the extender isn't up, reach over with your right hand and it is easy to get, don't do it with your left.

Maybe my keyfob needs new batteries or something- I was in the car with the keyfob reprogramming my homelink buttons. Suddenly my doors locked. I was thinking: good thing I was in the car. When I opened the door, my alarm went off. I had not pressed the lock button at all. Maybe I should demonstrate for my dealer and make sure my car is programmed correctly.

Old 08-16-2005, 07:19 PM
Most crucial of all IMO...

Waaaay too much money too spend if you just want slight power gains, i.e. no way to get an extra 20-25 horses cheap. So you may as well go SC, ST or TT.. 6k on up (including install). That's just sad.

Old 08-16-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by ghost30
Most crucial of all IMO...

Waaaay too much money too spend if you just want slight power gains, i.e. no way to get an extra 20-25 horses cheap. So you may as well go SC, ST or TT.. 6k on up (including install). That's just sad.

Are you serious? You hate that they made the car with good parts stock?

Old 08-16-2005, 08:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
-the low roof (i have the sunroof option and I'm 6ft)
-blind spots
-small trunk
-orange signal cover in the headlight housing
-how the random play for CD/MP3 makes you play the whole song before randomly skipping to next random track or else it just goes to the next following song if you ff yourself

Other than that, I'm cool with my G.....

Old 08-16-2005, 09:39 PM
btw just one more thing i'd like to add
when you in circuit mode the a/c have to come on ....

Old 08-16-2005, 09:55 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I hate the fact that you can barely fit one human body in the trunk, a small one at that. I mean come on! What serial killer is going to go for the G with the lack of trunk space it has? Do you have any idea how messy it is to cut people up into smalll pieces?.......

Ok so who wants want what on their pizza???

The following users liked this post:
Drifter2090 (03-03-2014)
Old 08-17-2005, 01:01 AM
Originally Posted by Pwoz
Are you serious? You hate that they made the car with good parts stock?
Umm.. wtf? Did I say that? The fact remains, it takes a lot more cash if you just want say.. 25 horses. Can you find me 25 horses, still under waranty for less than 1500? I love my car, but the G35 is just not mod friendly that way. Infact.. you are taking more of a risk going FI. No warranty..

Old 08-17-2005, 01:45 AM
1) The door is too fuc*in big!! So hard to go in/out of the car in a tight space. Need entry assist.

2) Bose Radio sucks like sh*t! Need more highs and lows.

3) Seat belt position is so awakward that it rubs my neck. Also, whenever I retract it, keep scratching my car. I didn't know what it was until just now when others wrote about it.

4) The overall height. It can be another inch or so lower like 350Z. But the center of gravity is OK.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you hate about YOUR G35?