Dyno Day Idea...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Dyno Day Idea...

I know we spoke abt it briefly at the last meet we had at Hooters... I was surfing E90post and someone had mentioned this:

----------------------------------------------

Yes the dyno day is this upcoming Saturday! We are starting at 11 a.m All cars are welcome as
DG Motors owns a sweet AWD dynodynamics dyno. All fwd/rwd/awd cars are welcome at 50$ for 3 pulls. There will be a live DJ and 1$ hotdogs/burgers/soda. There will also be a 100$ to the highest horsepower of the day and a 50/50 raffle.
No entrence fee, spectators are free and welcome to come and watch.
***DG Motors is located on 666c West Hoffman Ave in Lindenhurst NY.
let me know who whats to go. it this Saturday !!!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241877

-----------------------------------------------

The price seemed pretty good and they also have a AWD dyno(which is def needed, atleast for me). I dont have any experience with dynos so if anyone knows anything abt this particular dyno or spot, lemme know.

Just wanted to throw the idea out in case you guys still wanted to move forward with this.

Btw.... HIN is a month a half away...

Old 03-20-2009, 05:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Josh I have been looking into it also I know performance motorsport in LI has an awd dyno but the above price is better. We should set something up.

Just remember that all dynos are different (some are more accurate than others) and should really be used as a base line to test your mods.

Yeah HIN 6 weeks and counting

Old 03-23-2009, 04:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm down for it.. Hopefully its on a saturday. Softball season has begun

Old 03-23-2009, 09:32 PM
G SQUAD
Anybody call Vin on this?

i would assume so

$50 is nice for the 3 pulls

I just HATE this damn cold man!
I would just be curious to what the IS350 makes bone stock...but then again I dont plan on doing much to it as far as performance mods

Intakes are basically audio mods
and so are exhausts...when you talk about real world felt HP/TQ
but just to have an idea of what I'm puttin down would be cool.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:49 AM
^^^always good to have a baseline dyno and let the modding begin.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:59 PM
G SQUAD
Not sure if I'll be able to attend this event. I am trying to work it out with Performance Motorsports which I'm pretty sure they'll gladly accomodate us. They had a cruise/hangout two saturdays ago but I found out at short notice.

Either way if you guys decide to go have fun, I'll know by friday if things change for me.

-Vin

Old 03-26-2009, 10:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
LOL... Nooooo, I wasnt saying lets go to this event. I was just throwing a name of a place in the hat because I knew we had spoke about doing something.

Btw, I am tryin my best with the modding. AMEX is actin the damn fool with cutting limits all over so, we will see.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:17 PM
G SQUAD
Well we might have to look at this place. I spoke to someone at Performance not Alex and pricewise was great. However, the only problem was that they would not be switching from all wheel to single wheel dynos. Therefore on a given day they'd only be doing either all wheel or single wheel. That kinda completely throws us off. Maybe we need to get in touch with this place and see what we can do in terms of th is.

Oh please dont start with the excuses already lol. Rims and a drop will be suffice my friend...

I think my wheels should be arriving sometime this month, probably during the latter part. The drop is going down next weekend april, 4,2008..ill post pics once its done.

-Vin

Old 03-27-2009, 09:42 PM
G SQUAD
I will be gettin my A$$ in gear ...with the drop in APRIL also...tires too...still too cold for me out there...and I aint takin it anywhere , gonna be a DEF DIY for me...cool thing is they got step by step pics online for it--nice!

I gotta get hub rings and lug nuts also for the wheels...damn man time is flyin!

Old 04-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Hey boys!

damn vin its hard to catch you on the phone at times... lol they say the same bout me so no worries.

anyway, yes the switching back to AWD and 2WD would be too time consuming to accomplish waht you guys are looking to do. But if you y'all want to make it a two saturday kind of thing then thats also fine... whichever group is larger (rwd/fwd -or- awd) goes first saturday. then the next group goes next week??? i'll honor the group pricing even if its only 1 or 2 cars for the next day.

if you guys have time... come down this saturday... i'll be in for the better part of the day and lets talk bout it and lemme show you the facility.

www. theexperience .com