G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

General ? - Another Short Shifter Post

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question General ? - Another Short Shifter Post

I was thinking of a B&M or stillen Short shifter. But Since i'm 100% new on perf mods I need some quick questions answered.

The mechanism below the boot is actually what shortens the shift, no the shaft size correct?

And, do I need to buy my own ball for these shifters or do they come with one. If the shaft size doesnt matter much, I'm guessing the size of **** wouldnt matter much either? Its how well you can shift not the size of your **** right?

Old 01-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Its how well you can shift not the size of your **** right?
^^^ lol ^^^

Old 01-25-2007, 03:23 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
I have a RE shifter and it didnt come with a know and it is about the same hight but the throws are shorter

Old 01-25-2007, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by CruisnGcoupe
I have a RE shifter and it didnt come with a know and it is about the same hight but the throws are shorter
Ok, so i'm guessing you used your stock ****?

Old 01-25-2007, 04:17 PM
shaft size, **** size, let me just say this woman do care about the size.

sorry but to the topic stay away from B&M, rouge is the best from all the reviews.

Old 01-25-2007, 05:53 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
+1 on the Rogue.
It's the same height in the cockpit, but it's longer under the ball pivot point which makes it have shorter shifts.

And yes, most or all aftermarket shifters don't come with a ****. ***** are personal thing that they leave up to you, lol. It's all what feels good in your hand, haha or hers, he he.

Old 01-25-2007, 06:00 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Short Shifter and Ball.................!

B&M makes a really good shifter and the price isn't out of line. Also you
could use the factory shifter ball find an aftermarket ball the works with
your interior color. Since I don't reside in your neck of the woods I can't
tell you where to find an aftermarket shifter ball........LOL

Old 01-25-2007, 06:13 PM
From my 1 day of reading up on the SS choices and why people went with RE, Stillen, or B&M is wasn't because Rogue is the best, but there was a group buy on it so people went with that. And if we talk about best i would have to say stillen would pry be the best due to the shorter throw it has over the rogue.

But B&M appeal to me because of their history making SS's and that really exotic highly priced cars rely on their SS's... I mean cmon, if they wern't one of the best they wouldn't be using their product.

Just my .02, there's plenty of threads on rogues and the people love them, but then I read 1 thread who felt like there was no change at all after his install. So after reading that I wasn't too moved for the Rogue, despite all the positive feedback it has on this forum.

So its basically a toss up between B&M or Stillen, just need to find someone with B&M and see what they think. Then do a price comparison and see what looks like the best bang for the buck so to speak.

Thanks guys! Appreciate the feedback tho!
I don't want this to turn into another 'which SS to buy thread' so it stays on topic! ;D

So the size doesnt matter, or your ****, its the mechanics in the boots! Thx all

Old 01-25-2007, 06:37 PM
So Stillen has the shortest shift out of all of them? Can anyone with knowledge on them all confirm this? I think if I do replace the shifter, I would want the one with the shortest throw because im LAZY

Old 01-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by BrocksG
From my 1 day of reading up on the SS choices and why people went with RE, Stillen, or B&M is wasn't because Rogue is the best, but there was a group buy on it so people went with that. And if we talk about best i would have to say stillen would pry be the best due to the shorter throw it has over the rogue.

But B&M appeal to me because of their history making SS's and that really exotic highly priced cars rely on their SS's... I mean cmon, if they wern't one of the best they wouldn't be using their product.

Just my .02, there's plenty of threads on rogues and the people love them, but then I read 1 thread who felt like there was no change at all after his install. So after reading that I wasn't too moved for the Rogue, despite all the positive feedback it has on this forum.

So its basically a toss up between B&M or Stillen, just need to find someone with B&M and see what they think. Then do a price comparison and see what looks like the best bang for the buck so to speak.

Thanks guys! Appreciate the feedback tho!
I don't want this to turn into another 'which SS to buy thread' so it stays on topic! ;D

So the size doesnt matter, or your ****, its the mechanics in the boots! Thx all
Sorry but if you do a search on the SS you will see that B&M had lots of complains on vibrations and noises, so is the stillen one. There was no group buy really if you were talking about the last Rouge group buy attempt.

Old 01-25-2007, 08:03 PM
Ah thx for tellin me that, yea when I did my original search i did not know B&M is too short to search, etc. But I just did a ton of searching on stillen and rogue and I have to say there are about 40/60 bad good reports on the RE shifter. That was way too many for my liking.

The stillen was very limited to bad reports and it gives a 13% shorter throw than the RE. So my mind is made up, the stillen it is! Thanks for the input!

Old 01-25-2007, 08:19 PM
RE short shifter!!

Old 01-25-2007, 08:41 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
this thread is so dirty

Old 01-25-2007, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by BrocksG
Ah thx for tellin me that, yea when I did my original search i did not know B&M is too short to search, etc. But I just did a ton of searching on stillen and rogue and I have to say there are about 40/60 bad good reports on the RE shifter. That was way too many for my liking.

The stillen was very limited to bad reports and it gives a 13% shorter throw than the RE. So my mind is made up, the stillen it is! Thanks for the input!
My buddy had the stillen and the B/M on his 05-Z. He now runs
the Rogue.

Main reason I ordered the Rogue. Clean/precise shifts...no vibration man

Old 01-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by BadBoy06
My buddy had the stillen and the B/M on his 05-Z. He now runs
the Rogue.

Main reason I ordered the Rogue. Clean/precise shifts...no vibration man
I can't see vibration being much different on any shifter, its all connected to the same place? and most likely the same bolt, so how does metal shaft vibrate differently than another metal shaft connected to the same joint. So I'll choose the one that will offer the better performance gain and adjust the vibration on my own tightening that bolt I heard nothing bad about the stillen so I'll go with that. If its bad I'll return it andtry out the Ikeya Sequen shifter ;D hehe