G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

need your help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need your help!

Hello, new member here, had the G35 for about 5 years now tho, I did sign up for this forum back then, however didn't really follow up with it when they had that membership renew thing.

I have an issue with my clutch pedal, the damn thing won't stop squeeking. This is NOT a lubrication issue, as I have already brought it in to the dealer twice asking them to fix it (they did not replace any parts, just lubricated), I've also coated all the movable parts I was able to reach with WD40 today, however the squeaking is still there.

I believe the clutch pedal's connectors (don't know the right term here) is loose, or at least parts of it are (where the lever is connected to the spring)), therefore causing rubbage which explains the squeaking after lubrication.

My question is, would my local midas / jiffy lube be able to replace those parts? Or would I have to bring it in to the dealer. I would hate to get overcharged for this.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions / comments.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:50 PM
bump, can someone please help me out, any suggestions or comments are welcome.

Thanks again!

Old 03-04-2008, 12:59 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Bump...

Old 03-04-2008, 01:16 AM
All i can say.. i wouldn't trust jiffy lube with anything on my car.. one of the least reputable shops in my area.. and a few others.. i would say take it to your mechanic... that way u won't get taken to the cleaners over and over at the dealership and various other shops.

Old 03-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by Roguewolf
All i can say.. i wouldn't trust jiffy lube with anything on my car.. one of the least reputable shops in my area.. and a few others.. i would say take it to your mechanic... that way u won't get taken to the cleaners over and over at the dealership and various other shops.

Thanks rogue, any idea how much this would cost me if I bring it in to the dealer? The problem I believe is the connecting parts of the clutch pedal and springs, something is definitely rubbing on...something.

This issue occurs and goes from time to time, but its extremely annoying.

I know you mentioned something about manually lowering the clutch pedal, I've read that DIY somewhere, however, my friends G35 coupe 6mt (he got it used) had that DIY done, and the clutch wore out at 30k miles. I know if you do it right, and adjust it so its before the release point it should be all gravy, however I dont really want to take the risk.

Thanks again rogue, you've been much help

Cheers

Old 03-05-2008, 01:21 AM
there's a remedy.. type in "Clutch Remedy Fix" thread started by Yume. VERY VERY helpful.. i tried lowering my clutch.. but i got down there tried and it worked just fine althought the clutch wear has yet to be proven cuz there are peopel that have had that mod on their Z/G for almost 2 years now.. and no prob.. other went to shiet after a couple months.. back to the fix.. after lowering it, it seemed that the clutch slipped back to its regular position the next day even tho i tightened it as much as i could.. if i tried any harder the lil fork thing would have snapped.. so i decided to give this fix a try.. "i'm a beleiver!!" no more having to push all the way down, quick shifts from here on out .

meh no need to search.. i was being lazy lol here's the thread.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...=clutch+remedy

cost me 2.02 tax included lol instead of buyign the D-wolk kit for 40+, give that a try. Also at the home depot/lowes.. wherever u go... if they don't know nail-on glides.. just say gliders.. cuz i was asking around for nail on glides and they looked at me like they were brain dead

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.