G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Aftermarket Coupe Exhaust Compilation

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-19-2017, 11:34 AM
Banned
Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Old 07-01-2017, 04:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Super awesome thread! Tons of help when deciding on an exhaust

Old 02-13-2018, 03:44 PM
Hello hello. im new to this forum trying to find the right place to put this post question. I want to explain in the timeline order what I've done on my exhaust for my 2004 G35 coupe , as I have not been happy at all with any of the changes. I will list what I've done from 1st to current..The first thing I did was to try to make the exhaust sound better was remove the catalytic converters and replace them with test pipes. I did not like this setup at all... the second change that I did was to remove the OEM resonator and replace it with a glasspack keeping the test pipes in place I drove like this for a week and it sounded nearly the same and I did not like it at all...... the Third time is right now and I am going to replace the entire mid pipe with a 350Z mid pipe along with the 8in extension that is needed to make it fit on the G35 coupe I am going to keep the glass packs and place and try this...FYI throughout all of the changes I have kept the OEM Infinity brand Muffler in place... Just for ***** and giggles and to rule out my muffler itself being an issue, I replaced the muffler with a walker replacement muffler and that Walker sounded worse than everything. All of the following things I have done have resulted in the vehicle sound like a 16 year old Honda Civic with a gigantic coffee can Muffler. So Any advice and or tips - tricks would be appreciated ..(( ONLY OTHER MOD I HAVE IS AFE COLD AIR INTAKE)) please do not Bash, insult , beat down etc.. Im not a kid, just a kid at heart. Im 49 yrs young. I just sold my 2005 Subaru Legacy GT because it was having too many issues. I loved it when it was driving great it was the best car ever but some friends talked me into getting one of these so far I like it but I'm not at all blown away. And I don't at all want this to turn into a Subaru versus Infiniti situation , I just wanted to give a little background

Old 02-13-2018, 04:55 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
G35C 5AT
Originally Posted by Generaljoe67
Hello hello. im new to this forum trying to find the right place to put this post question. I want to explain in the timeline order what I've done on my exhaust for my 2004 G35 coupe , as I have not been happy at all with any of the changes. I will list what I've done from 1st to current..The first thing I did was to try to make the exhaust sound better was remove the catalytic converters and replace them with test pipes. I did not like this setup at all... the second change that I did was to remove the OEM resonator and replace it with a glasspack keeping the test pipes in place I drove like this for a week and it sounded nearly the same and I did not like it at all...... the Third time is right now and I am going to replace the entire mid pipe with a 350Z mid pipe along with the 8in extension that is needed to make it fit on the G35 coupe I am going to keep the glass packs and place and try this...FYI throughout all of the changes I have kept the OEM Infinity brand Muffler in place... Just for ***** and giggles and to rule out my muffler itself being an issue, I replaced the muffler with a walker replacement muffler and that Walker sounded worse than everything. All of the following things I have done have resulted in the vehicle sound like a 16 year old Honda Civic with a gigantic coffee can Muffler. So Any advice and or tips - tricks would be appreciated ..(( ONLY OTHER MOD I HAVE IS AFE COLD AIR INTAKE)) please do not Bash, insult , beat down etc.. Im not a kid, just a kid at heart. Im 49 yrs young. I just sold my 2005 Subaru Legacy GT because it was having too many issues. I loved it when it was driving great it was the best car ever but some friends talked me into getting one of these so far I like it but I'm not at all blown away. And I don't at all want this to turn into a Subaru versus Infiniti situation , I just wanted to give a little background
Wrong sub-forum, but in any case; the bad sound is largely due to frankensteining the exhaust. Test pipes are a bit too loud/raspy for some, myself included. I'd hunt for high flow cats, particularly the Fast Intentions resonated ones. Used HFCs pop up in the marketplace fairly frequently.

As for catback, if you want to keep a stock sounds but with a little more volume, an HR Y-pipe with the stock coupe exhaust is a common choice. If you want a close to OEM but beefier sound, a Tanabe Medallion Touring is a good choice, but (a) you need the $500 Y-pipe AND the $700 y-pipe back exhaust and (b) you'll get a lot of low frequencies. I clamped an exhaust dampener on each side of the Y-pipe and it fixed it for me, but YMMV. If you want to keep pitch higher, Invidia Gemini is a good choice for an exhaust. Many members swear by the Motordyne Shockwave exhaust, but I'm less of a fan of the volume level. Plus, it's over $1500 last I checked.

If you just want the OEM sound but with a bit more beef, use HFC with the stock catback (stock catbacks go for sale on the marketplace every week or two it seems). If you want slightly more noise/power, swap in an HR Y-pipe (rather hard to find for a reasonable price). If you want more noise but still want it respectable, slap on a Tanabe Medallion Touring, Invidia Gemini, or Fast Intentions TRADITIONAL exhaust. If you want a very loud car that still sounds good, Motordyne, Fast Intentions, and multiple other vendors have you covered.

Old 02-13-2018, 11:32 PM
Attn. Magneu the exhaust guru

Hi Magneu.. First and foremost I want to apologize for putting my questions in the wrong place ! Secondly , I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate all of that information you were willing to take the time and give me. I will try doing a bit of research on these options ( except for that super expensive one that you mentioned ) and also keep an eye on the for sale used marketplace items. Hopefully I'll be able to manage getting something on my G35 that will finally be sounding good.. I'll try to complete the profile section including adding my car photo . The car is in phenomenal condition inside and out with zero rust anywhere, including underneath chassis area. [ 2004 G35 coupe / 6 speed manual.] THANKS AGAIN for your kind - quick & very knowledgeable reply. Joe

Old 12-21-2018, 11:43 AM
Base Model
Anyone know what stock exhaust with Magnaflow or HKS mufflers sound like? Would the stock sound stay but get louder and maybe a bit deeper?

Old 12-21-2018, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Perhaps a little louder and deeper. Nothing major as stock cats.

Old 02-24-2019, 08:47 PM
Base Model
Do you recommend any specific magnaflow mufflers with tips? If I wanna go with the single exit and stock everything else route?

Old 10-23-2019, 08:06 PM
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
Old 04-20-2021, 04:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Base model G35
Wondering whats going on with the market. Did Megan racing stopped making axle back exhaust for this car? everywhere I see, either they are overpriced or out of stock. What are the alternatives? I've been wanting to swap to a different exhaust and get new suspensions... but most of the threads are not useful now since they were outdated information?

Old 04-21-2021, 02:19 PM
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Gemichi
Wondering whats going on with the market. Did Megan racing stopped making axle back exhaust for this car? everywhere I see, either they are overpriced or out of stock. What are the alternatives? I've been wanting to swap to a different exhaust and get new suspensions... but most of the threads are not useful now since they were outdated information?
Check out CZP, Z1 Performance, and Outcast garage for parts.

Old 05-03-2021, 03:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Base model G35
Originally Posted by The-Dream
Check out CZP, Z1 Performance, and Outcast garage for parts.
Thanks! I was excited to see they have the sedan catback available, but then turns out it is preorder and won't ship until October lol. Am I better off buying a universal fit one and have a shop wield it on?
https://conceptzperformance.com/mega...-m_p_34210.php

Last edited by Gemichi; 05-03-2021 at 04:04 AM.
Old 11-04-2021, 04:47 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
04 TB G35 coupe 6mt w' Brembos
2004 G35 coupe 6mt

ISR longtubes, Circuit werks resonated y pipe, ISR single exit, Injen CAI

Last edited by Siknin; 11-04-2021 at 04:53 PM.