Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

DIY Cam Position Sensor Easy Version

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I figured it out. I changed the crankshaft sensor with the camshaft sensor bank 1. My car started acting up, overheating and idling. I went back to check another set of harness that goes under the tb and boom there's the angled sensor. So I replaced the crank with the old one and now I'm in the process of reseting. Hope all goes well.

Old 06-07-2014, 01:11 PM
some newbie question here... Can someone tell me if I get P0345 How can I tell if I need to replace Bank1 or Bank 2 ...

I got the same VDC and slip - car turned off and it wouldn't easily start until I insisted on starting it... then service engine soon came and stuck there..

I did see instructions on how to replace the sensor but just want to make sure which one to buy and replace... also if OEM is the best option here or aftermarket works as well reliably...

Thank you so much in adavance.

Old 06-07-2014, 10:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is the difference between cam shaft sensor and crank shaft sensor? Maybe I'm changing the wrong one. My code is p0021

Old 06-07-2014, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Originally Posted by Alexus-Kia
What is the difference between cam shaft sensor and crank shaft sensor? Maybe I'm changing the wrong one. My code is p0021
Not related.

Old 06-07-2014, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by Hanoon
some newbie question here... Can someone tell me if I get P0345 How can I tell if I need to replace Bank1 or Bank 2 ...

I got the same VDC and slip - car turned off and it wouldn't easily start until I insisted on starting it... then service engine soon came and stuck there..

I did see instructions on how to replace the sensor but just want to make sure which one to buy and replace... also if OEM is the best option here or aftermarket works as well reliably...

Thank you so much in adavance.
I got the same code. It's bank 2. The angled sensor on drivers side. Heres a link of the part. http://m.ebay.com/itm/111375155732?nav=SEARCH

Old 06-08-2014, 05:28 AM
Originally Posted by Julian'sG_617
I got the same code. It's bank 2. The angled sensor on drivers side. Heres a link of the part. http://m.ebay.com/itm/111375155732?nav=SEARCH
Thanks Julian's for assistance - I have sedan 2003 G35 and the link you provided shows that the part is incompatible with my a car...

Is the part number for 2003 23731-AL61A

Thanks

Old 06-08-2014, 02:49 PM
I see, yes it is not compatible. I tried looking for an oem camshaft sensor bank 2 for your sedan and I couldn't find one. Don't get aftermarket. I myself tried to go with an aftermarket brand (intermotor) and it failed.I suggest you call your local Nissan dealership and ask for that sensor for your sedan. Price might be pricey but infiniti charges more. Call both just in case though, you never know if it will be cheaper at an infiniti dealer. Good luck.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:51 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
thanks for the writeup! I have small arms ^_^ and was able to change banks 1 & 2 without removing any parts. Just to let people know if they want to try it. I was able to reach both banks from the passenger side of the engine

Old 06-21-2014, 11:37 AM
Just got done doing this. long arms are not needed. You will however need to remove the following: throttle body, intake, intake hose going to intake and motor, TB sensor plug. Not really into that manual edu reset. so i have an obd2 reader and rest it via there. will update in 5 days. also went with an oem sensor via ebay $67

Old 07-04-2014, 11:59 PM
no issues no nothing. Highly recommended to go with the oem part

Old 07-05-2014, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Originally Posted by Dablakbradpitt
no issues no nothing. Highly recommended to go with the oem part
Thanks for reporting back. Appreciate it and glad to hear you are running strong.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:14 AM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
I discovered something that i think many are having issues with.

I had the same problem after replacing both sensors with OEM. Turns out, the ECU HAS to be reset after the sensors are replaced or your car will flip out and still appear to have the problem because it's learned and is expecting the data from the previous sensor.
Also turns out the disconnecting-the-battery method of resetting the ECU (even pressing the pedal after) DOES NOT ACTUALLY WORK. It is not a real ECU reset, i'm not sure why so many ppl here seem to think so.

I did the easy pedal method (which is actually really easy, your car beeps once per second when you put your key in to help you).
Since then, not a single problem, even pushed her pretty hard. My car was pretty screwed up after i replaced the sensors, she would also start and the rpm's would fall and stall. Or i would drive about 18 miles and it would glitch like the power went out for a second and car would jolt... it was terrible

Old 07-24-2014, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by UR2EZ
I discovered something that i think many are having issues with.

I had the same problem after replacing both sensors with OEM. Turns out, the ECU HAS to be reset after the sensors are replaced or your car will flip out and still appear to have the problem because it's learned and is expecting the data from the previous sensor.
Also turns out the disconnecting-the-battery method of resetting the ECU (even pressing the pedal after) DOES NOT ACTUALLY WORK. It is not a real ECU reset, i'm not sure why so many ppl here seem to think so.

I did the easy pedal method (which is actually really easy, your car beeps once per second when you put your key in to help you).
Since then, not a single problem, even pushed her pretty hard. My car was pretty screwed up after i replaced the sensors, she would also start and the rpm's would fall and stall. Or i would drive about 18 miles and it would glitch like the power went out for a second and car would jolt... it was terrible
Idk about u but mine got replaced.....light was still on. Just got the car a month ago and a new battery I always buy with a car purchase. Replaced the battery aka unplugged the terminal. Basically because the battery was unplugged mine reset, engine light off car runs perfect.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:31 AM
Just wanted to say Thank You to SILVER TIBURON and every one who provided info in this post
great DYI which helped me a great deal !

Old 07-25-2014, 08:18 PM
Well I have a 05 g35 with code p0345. Ive replaced crank and bank side 2 and still have ses slip vdc off problem. It has 4 cams. Should all be replaced with oem sensors?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: DIY Cam Position Sensor Easy Version