G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 quality body kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 01:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 quality body kit

Hey guys

just logged in, and have NOT read all the talk on kits..
I am owner/ operator of a high end Bodyshop.
I have a client with an 07 G35 Coupe. He has severe damage to the rear left corner and wants to change the rear bumper (sides and front too) to a decent kit.

He ended up buying a package from ED (Extreme Dimensions)

This stuff is beyond garbage at best, really, I have to hold back, its the second kit I have seen from them, the other was for an Audi A4, the fit and finish is simply nauseating. Its not usable unless I charge 50 ++ hours in additional mod labour. and it would still ruin the car.

Let's hear some better options to keep this car from getting butchered..

Thank You

Old 09-10-2011, 01:32 AM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
Carbodykits is a vendor here. Cheapest for good quality. There is also strafe and hear good stuff about them too

Old 09-10-2011, 01:43 AM
Has anyone purchased any ED kits? I'd rather not trash talk a company so soon, but from what I have seen on 2 of my clients cars, I was simply shocked to this junk for sale.
My client seems set on getting front/rear bumpers and side skirts, and I need to have this car looking good and not all "hacked up" and rough.

Old 09-10-2011, 03:42 AM
Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
LOL, never heard of them but I found a video they made and it's pretty funny =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS91e...ayer_embedded#!

Old 09-10-2011, 04:09 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
I had a widebody kit for a Hyundai Tiburon from them years ago...

Took it to the shop and the owner laughed at me. Explained basically what you said in your post about the quality and what it would take to make it work...

So, take that for what it's worth. Me personally, I'd probably not buy from them again.... but that's based on what my expierence was, and this was back in 2003-2004.

Old 09-10-2011, 04:28 AM
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Contact Dustin at strafe automotive, he can hook it up on some decent parts.. Of course no aftermarket parts fit perfectly without some addition prep work but for the most part it's a great fit.. Most reputable vendors on this forum should be able to get you what u need tho

The following users liked this post:
SDGenius (09-10-2011)
Old 09-10-2011, 04:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i had ed stuff for my honda accord coupe 07...it will fit..but u got to make it fit.....

Old 09-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts
Yea I would buy from one of our vendors like carbodykits or strafe I gotten stuff from both of them n nearly perfect fitment on carbodykits n I got my strafe part used so it was already worked on

Old 09-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
I used strafe. Great quality, my body guy side it was the best aftermarket he had seen.. But as you know all bumpers require some prep work for a good fit. I would show him some pics of the bumpers from the vendor section and see which he likes. Personally I have the nismo front and sides and love them, OEM rear. Chargespeed rear bumper is the only one I think looks good besides OEM.. GOOD LUCK!

Attached Thumbnails G35 quality body kit-4-24-11_easter-010a.jpg   G35 quality body kit-4-24-11_easter-024a.jpg  
Old 09-10-2011, 09:06 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Check out this link:
https://g35driver.com/forums/interio...tion-list.html

Identify what pieces he likes and you can use either vendor, Strafe Automotive or Carbodykits to see if they can track down whatever piece he wants / needs.

For my exterior pieces, I went with Concept Z Performance and Strafe Automotive. I have had no dealing with Carbodykits at all so I cannot comment on their service, but I'm sure others can. Both CZP and Strafe have been very kind to me and have treated me very well. I'm a very satisfied customer of both CZP and Strafe.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by soysssauce
i had ed stuff for my honda accord coupe 07...it will fit..but u got to make it fit.....
I have been around for 27 years, making it fit (beyond reason) does not meet my standards, and clients certainly do not want to pay hudreds of dolllars in extra labour to force fit some of this stuff. Perhaps some ED work on some cars, but I have had 2 populars cars with ED kits that simply would not work out of the box, even if some one spend and entire day modding it.
The above video is about the procuct duraflex, but not about the actual casting and dimesions of ED kits.
Thanks for the input guys, every comment counts.

Just added a Misha GT2M wing on a Porsche, besides some extra preppping and double check the fitting, its plug and play. Everyone will be happy.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
i have an ings replica front lip from ED in poly. fits fine. its very soft and flexible which i think is a great thing and has saved the lip in countless times when i scraped from totally messing up the lip and the bumper. the only issue i had was the middle section had no material for me to secure via double stick tape so i had to mcguyver something.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:33 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
I've been a member here for 2 1/2 years and ^^ is the first member I've heard mention they have anything from ED. So I would say their parts are not very popular with this crowd and there's probably a reason why which you found out OP.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:37 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
^lol yay for me! however had i known that the middle section of the lip didnt have material for me to double stick to the bumper i wouldnt have bought it. im assuming the other vendors here who make this lip made the lip so it can be secured in the middle section?. anyone can verify for me jus so i can feel worst or better about my ED lip lol

Last edited by saywat?; 09-13-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I installed one of there kits on a civic. Complete trash. I had to pull out all the tricks. Heat lamp and weights on the front bumper to level it out. The gaps wrest retarded. It probably took me 2 maybe 3 days to get it rite. Hell the side skirts had to Norton speed gripped to the stock sideskirts to even be installed. kinda made t easier bit didn't male up for front and rear bumper issues.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 quality body kit