G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

help,,car wont start! :/ 2005 G35 coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 08:01 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by wbama387
Make sure your ground cable on the battery is good and tight. I have seen interior work but wont start car because there is not a good ground.
I second what he says. You most likely don't have a good strong, solid connection on the battery terminals. Take both off, clean the terminals and connectors, and put them back, making sure to get them good and tight and all the way down on the battery posts.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:28 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
When you try to start the car do the interior lights dim out or turn off completely?

Old 10-24-2011, 09:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by superchargedg
If all this happened after you disconnected the battery there is a bad connection at the battery post's positve or negative its one of them
It all happened after i finished installing my spark plugs and put back the battery cables...also fyi, number 6 sparkplug was filled half ways with old oil, i cleaned out all oil and coil and put new sparkplugs in..i might need new engine gaskets.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by Yarik.G35
When you try to start the car do the interior lights dim out or turn off completely?
Nope, they stay on..i took the battery to get it checked and they said the battery is good.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:07 PM
I kickstarted the car and it turned on...i let the car warm up for about 20 minutes and then i turned off the car and started up the car again but it still won't turn on.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:14 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I really think you have a poor connection at your battery terminals. Its what everything is pointing too. I find it hard to believe your starter failed or something else to be the problem. Do you at least hear the starter solenoid click when you try to crank it?

Old 10-25-2011, 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by UCIMAplaya2
I really think you have a poor connection at your battery terminals. Its what everything is pointing too. I find it hard to believe your starter failed or something else to be the problem. Do you at least hear the starter solenoid click when you try to crank it?
No solenoid click when i crank it.

Old 10-25-2011, 03:15 PM
Exclamation

this is the picture of the battery

Name:  IMG_2088.jpg
Views: 5349
Size:  130.8 KB

positive terminal

Name:  IMG_1585.jpg
Views: 5040
Size:  110.6 KB

negative terminal

Name:  IMG_0939.jpg
Views: 1404
Size:  94.5 KB

Old 10-25-2011, 03:45 PM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by nelbarr
this is the picture of the battery

positive terminal

negative terminal

Here is a video of the actual sound it makes after the car is tried to turn on several times.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:16 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Take your battery out, go get it tested. Will take you less than an hour and will probably give you the direction you need to figure out the problem.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by Canadian
Take your battery out, go get it tested. Will take you less than an hour and will probably give you the direction you need to figure out the problem.
I took the battery to get it tested and it tested out good.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by nelbarr
No solenoid click when i crank it.
Its hard to tell from your video but i heard a click that sounded like your solenoid. nevertheless check all your fuses with a meter or test light. If you don't know how have someone show you how. Pay attention to the ones under the hood.

If that doesnt explain it, you said you had a lot of oil in some of your spark plug tubes. Its possible when you removed a plug all that oil drained into a cylinder which was near the top of its compression stroke. If there was enough to fill the remaining volume of the chamber then as soon as you put the plug back in you sealed that oil in the cylinder. Now the motor can't turn because its basically hydrolocked since that oil wont compress. Remove all your spark plugs and disconnect the coils and try to crank the motor over. If it cranks over that oil will shoot out of the cylinder and clear it out.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:36 PM
Its hard to tell from your video but i heard a click that sounded like your solenoid. nevertheless check all your fuses with a meter or test light. If you don't know how have someone show you how. Pay attention to the ones under the hood.

If that doesnt explain it, you said you had a lot of oil in some of your spark plug tubes. Its possible when you removed a plug all that oil drained into a cylinder which was near the top of its compression stroke. If there was enough to fill the remaining volume of the chamber then as soon as you put the plug back in you sealed that oil in the cylinder. Now the motor can't turn because its basically hydrolocked since that oil wont compress. Remove all your spark plugs and disconnect the coils and try to crank the motor over. If it cranks over that oil will shoot out of the cylinder and clear it out.
I checked the main "ign" fuses under the drivers side, engine bay amd they are all good and not cracked in half....one of the spark plugs was filled half ways with oil when i removed the coil, but before i removed the spark plug, I removed all the oil inside until no oil residue was left.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:49 PM
well you checked the battery and it runs from a push start, checked ALL the fuses and you are sure they are good, you are sure there is no oil in a cylinder, and assuming your are remembering to push the clutch in all the way (don't laugh, I have seen people forget and then complain their car wont start lol), there are only a few things left to look at that will keep it from cranking and they all require more intense troubleshooting.
1. bad starter or solenoid
2. bad clutch switch
3. bad ignition switch
4. problem with the cars security system, ie. keys, control module, etc.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:33 PM
well you checked the battery and it runs from a push start, checked ALL the fuses and you are sure they are good, you are sure there is no oil in a cylinder, and assuming your are remembering to push the clutch in all the way (don't laugh, I have seen people forget and then complain their car wont start lol), there are only a few things left to look at that will keep it from cranking and they all require more intense troubleshooting.
1. bad starter or solenoid
2. bad clutch switch
3. bad ignition switch
4. problem with the cars security system, ie. keys, control module, etc.
Well i checked all the fuses that state. "ignition"...The car turns on fine with a push start, this car was totally working fine 30 minutes before it did not want to start after i put things together.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: help,,car wont start! :/ 2005 G35 coupe