Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Which to get..?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 03:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which to get..?

Hey guys,
I made an account to get your input on which car I should get. I'm torn between the Z and G. I love the exterior or the Z but love the "luxury" brand and interior of the G. I am not planning on doing track days, just want a sporty car to have fun in. Can you check out these 3 links and tell me which one you'd get? Thanks

G- http://www.luxcarschicago.com/web/iu...ehicle13795454

Z- http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invento...sting=90975793

Z- http://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal...earchType=both

Old 07-24-2014, 04:18 PM
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
First you need to think about,
are you going to be carrying anything?
Taking more than 1 person with you at any moment?

The Z lacks practicality in those terms. Even though the G coupe is barely better, it does have 2 extra seats in the back and a wee bit more trunk space compared to the Z.

Just keep that in mind. Personally I'd choose the G for those reasons but if I didn't have to carry a few extras from time to time I'd go with the Z. At those prices I think you can get better for sure though. 2004/2003s shouldnt cost that much.

Old 07-24-2014, 05:28 PM
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
Don't forget Ride Quality.

I test drove both, and the Z is just too rough of a ride for a daily driver on my crappy roads.

The G, to me and having owned several sport cars, was just the right balance of performance, ride quality, good looks, luxury, and convenience.

Having a two seater with very small cargo space and a rough ride does not fit my needs.

You could probably do a search and find many posts on this topic.

The following users liked this post:
Ryost234 (07-24-2014)
Old 07-24-2014, 09:14 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
2 seater means u don't have to feel bad about refusing to give more than 1 person a ride lol

Old 07-24-2014, 09:44 PM
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Since you are on here, get the G. More room and luxury.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:57 PM
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?
2 seater means u don't have to feel bad about refusing to give more than 1 person a ride lol
I beleive the 350z is a three seater lol

On a serious note tho. The extra space is something you should factor in unless its just going to be your weekend car and extra seats or not would make no difference for you.

I say go with a G and not just because you asked on a G forum lol

Old 07-24-2014, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
G because insurance prices!

Old 07-24-2014, 10:37 PM
Received 67 Likes on 61 Posts
^ this. Backseat will save big $ with your insurance agent.

Old 07-24-2014, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by Spartan268
First you need to think about,
are you going to be carrying anything?
Taking more than 1 person with you at any moment?

The Z lacks practicality in those terms. Even though the G coupe is barely better, it does have 2 extra seats in the back and a wee bit more trunk space compared to the Z.

Just keep that in mind. Personally I'd choose the G for those reasons but if I didn't have to carry a few extras from time to time I'd go with the Z. At those prices I think you can get better for sure though. 2004/2003s shouldnt cost that much.
Originally Posted by saywat?
Originally Posted by riffraff
Since you are on here, get the G. More room and luxury.
Originally Posted by Juang20
I beleive the 350z is a three seater lol

On a serious note tho. The extra space is something you should factor in unless its just going to be your weekend car and extra seats or not would make no difference for you.

I say go with a G and not just because you asked on a G forum lol
Yeah that is true I didn't really consider the 4 seats especially on insurance, but I don't really want to always have people ask for rides especially since I'm young they'll always want one. The main reason I want the Z is because they just look so awesome but I feel like girls would like the g35 much more

Old 07-24-2014, 11:18 PM
By the way do you guys like the light blue color on the G? If I get a G it'd be between that color or diamond graphite

Old 07-24-2014, 11:33 PM
Received 67 Likes on 61 Posts
The blue looks nice, more unique color than you typically see on most Gs. Lakeshore slate looks good too if you prefer blue.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by ronnieballgame
The blue looks nice, more unique color than you typically see on most Gs. Lakeshore slate looks good too if you prefer blue.
Yeah I was looking for that color it's my fav but I can't find a manual or auto for that color sadly

Old 07-25-2014, 06:26 AM
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryost234
Yeah I was looking for that color it's my fav but I can't find a manual or auto for that color sadly
Definitely get a Lakeshore Slate Blue Metallic if you can find one. When my wife saw the car for the first time, she couldn't stop talking about how much she loved the color.

Name:  G35July14001_zps1fa266fe.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  116.2 KB

It seemed when I was looking up reviews of the 2005 G35 online, a lot of the articles featured a car of that color as well. Looks very cool, different and rare for a sport/luxury coupe, and changes color depending on the angle, sun/cloud/overcast condition, shines up great, and hides dirt/dust fairly well.

They are pretty hard to find, this was the only one in our area when I bought it last month, and with only 43K miles on it, I had to have it. Paid below trade in value, so good deals are out there. I had to drive a couple hours to get this one, but it was worth it.

I assume you have checked Autotrader, Craigslist, ebay, and your local Nissan/Infiniti dealers. You never know where somebody will advertise one, or just throw it out in their front yard with a for sale sign on it.

Last edited by Hatchman; 07-25-2014 at 06:32 AM.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by Hatchman
Definitely get a Lakeshore Slate Blue Metallic if you can find one. When my wife saw the car for the first time, she couldn't stop talking about how much she loved the color.

It seemed when I was looking up reviews of the 2005 G35 online, a lot of the articles featured a car of that color as well. Looks very cool, different and rare for a sport/luxury coupe, and changes color depending on the angle, sun/cloud/overcast condition, shines up great, and hides dirt/dust fairly well.

They are pretty hard to find, this was the only one in our area when I bought it last month, and with only 43K miles on it, I had to have it. Paid below trade in value, so good deals are out there. I had to drive a couple hours to get this one, but it was worth it.

I assume you have checked Autotrader, Craigslist, ebay, and your local Nissan/Infiniti dealers. You never know where somebody will advertise one, or just throw it out in their front yard with a for sale sign on it.
I know man that color is easily my favorite. However, I can only search in a 30 mile radius which is not helping my cause at finding one :/ if there was one in my area I'd get it in a heartbeat

Old 07-25-2014, 09:34 AM
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
yeah for sure the G can fit 5 girls and Z only 3 maybe 4 girls

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which to get..?