G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Connecting iPhone 5S wirelessly

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Connecting iPhone 5S wirelessly

What can I do to connect my iPhone 5s (iOs8) to my car wirelessly (via bluetooth probably) and control it using the steering wheel, the radio controls and through the phone as well.
I want less visible wires as possible.
Closest dealer is about 45mins away. Im still in highschool and gonna be paying for it so no super high end products (no low end too)
2003 coupe btw with the bose system

Additional question: where can I buy NEW OEM RAYS? How much should I pay new? (Should probably make a separate thread for this)

Old 09-24-2014, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
You don't mind buying a set of OEM wheels for 2K that could be bought used with tires for $500 and then don't want to spend $100 on a steamer ?

Cheapest option is an FM radio transmitter that you power off a 12V in the car. It's about $20. The other option is to use a cable that plugs into the back of the stereo.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:41 PM
Yeah might go with used oem rays because 2K is like a used set of weds/volk/work already but might prioritize the iPhone connection first
Can you play music from the phone library using the fm transmitter?

If I use the cables option, its not going to be visible right? How much would parts cost?

Old 09-25-2014, 09:06 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
It would take an entirely new head unit with those features.

Otherwise if you go with a FM transmitter, or any of the Ipod interfaces on the market, you will need to use wires and such.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:27 PM
I just want to be able to connect my iphone 5s to the car (wired or wirelessly doesnt matter now) and can control the music (pause play skip) using the steering wheel. I dont need and lcd screens.
Do I still need a new head unit for this?

Old 09-25-2014, 08:49 PM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
I don't think the FM trans will allow you to change songs but you will be able to still control the volume. I tried the FM transmitter on my BOSE OEM HU and the sound quality sucked. If you are planning on keeping your car, you should just invest in an aftermarket HU. I ended up getting a Kenwood and it works great w Iphone via bluetooth or wired. Of course I had help and guidance from the Wrathernaut.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by dukehotty
I don't think the FM trans will allow you to change songs but you will be able to still control the volume. I tried the FM transmitter on my BOSE OEM HU and the sound quality sucked. If you are planning on keeping your car, you should just invest in an aftermarket HU. I ended up getting a Kenwood and it works great w Iphone via bluetooth or wired. Of course I had help and guidance from the Wrathernaut.
Does that come with a display screen?
I really dont need a display screen just a system where I connect and control through the steering with decent (7-8/10) sound quality. Wired or wireless doesnt matter. I dont want to do a big install like replacing the whole unit? Any simple suggestions. I will be doing the installation myself too so the simpler the better.

Thanks for all the replies.

Old 09-26-2014, 12:22 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
No no display screen.

CLosest you will get is using the OEM Nissan Ipod adapter, but I think it's been discontinued for a while. I have it and I can control it with my steering wheel controls with volume and track ahead and back. Crappy part is to skip tracks, you need to HOLD the track ahead button for 2 seconds. Gets annoying. But track names do display on the BOSE radio.

Not the most fluid system to use however.

With it being discontinued, you need to seek out other options. I found this kit, but no idea how it works.

http://pac-audio.com/productDetails....&CategoryID=36

Old 09-26-2014, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
No no display screen.

CLosest you will get is using the OEM Nissan Ipod adapter, but I think it's been discontinued for a while. I have it and I can control it with my steering wheel controls with volume and track ahead and back. Crappy part is to skip tracks, you need to HOLD the track ahead button for 2 seconds. Gets annoying. But track names do display on the BOSE radio.

Not the most fluid system to use however.

With it being discontinued, you need to seek out other options. I found this kit, but no idea how it works.

http://pac-audio.com/productDetails....&CategoryID=36
You got the idea thanks for the reply.
You think Infiniti/Nissan dealers have some kits with the same function?
Any more kits like this that anyone can suggest?

Old 09-26-2014, 01:52 PM
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
I don't know about the older g heaunits, but if there is an rca plug or auxilliary plug, you can go bluetooth witeless. I've done this on my 08 g37 and 08 x5. Sound quality is better than the factory iPod/iPhone connector. You will need a cig lighter power source as well as the aux input.
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_6bv2jzgluk_b

Old 09-26-2014, 02:09 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
I have the factory iPod interface and I have yet to find a Bluetooth receiver (30pin) that will work with it. any ideas?

Old 09-26-2014, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by speedracerg35
I don't know about the older g heaunits, but if there is an rca plug or auxilliary plug, you can go bluetooth witeless. I've done this on my 08 g37 and 08 x5. Sound quality is better than the factory iPod/iPhone connector. You will need a cig lighter power source as well as the aux input.
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_6bv2jzgluk_b
Can you control the tracks using the steering wheel? (Pause play skip volume)

Old 09-26-2014, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Texasscout
I have the factory iPod interface and I have yet to find a Bluetooth receiver (30pin) that will work with it. any ideas?
are you able to control it using the steering wheel? Any links?
Iphone 5s?

Old 09-26-2014, 09:44 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Yes SOME functions are avallable.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:52 PM
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Vanessarino
Can you control the tracks using the steering wheel? (Pause play skip volume)
you're not going to be able to use steering wheel function on any bluetooth connection. just hold down home button for siri and use verbal commands for all audio functions (works for google play as well, I'm guessing).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Connecting iPhone 5S wirelessly