G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Am I to blame?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 09:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am I to blame?

Hey all, so over the last week I bought 2 new front tires. I have 245's in the front and discount tire was having a hard time taking them off. Took an extra hour or so and their manager informed me that it's been taking so long because my front driver's wheel was bent and it is leaking air. But when I had taken my car to them it was not leaking before and there was no problems. So is it possible they had done something during the tire removal process that could have bent my wheel slightly? Or could have it been me hitting a pothole? I really don't think its the potholes because I live in MI and they're everywhere all year so everyone goes over potholes, avoiding the super big ones of course. And if it was because of a pothole wouldn't it have affected the last tire as well? There wasn't an air leak until the day I brought them my car..

They're currently closed so I can't take it up with them atm but thought posting on here couldn't hurt. Would be a great way to see other driver's opinions.

Last edited by TheLowLife; 11-02-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:24 AM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by TheLowLife
Hey all, so over the last week I bought 2 new front tires. I have 245's in the front and discount tire was having a hard time taking them off. Took an extra hour or so and their manager informed me that it's been taking so long because my front driver's wheel was bent and it is leaking air. But when I had taken my car to them it was not leaking before and there was no problems. So is it possible they had done something during the tire removal process that could have bent my wheel slightly? Or could have it been me hitting a pothole? I really don't think its the potholes because I live in MI and they're everywhere all year so everyone goes over potholes, avoiding the super big ones of course. And if it was because of a pothole wouldn't it have affected the last tire as well? There wasn't an air leak until the day I brought them my car..

They're currently closed so I can't take it up with them atm but thought posting on here couldn't hurt. Would be a great way to see other driver's opinions.
Ask the manager to show you the damage and take pictures.

Old 11-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
so......

1. The manager came and told you the wheel was bent.
2. You knew it wasn't bent before they touched it.

Your not an investigator are you?

Old 11-05-2014, 02:17 PM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
There's a mystery afoot!
Unless you have some evidence on your side showing it wasn't bent prior, I don't foresee the manager dropping his case.
As stated above, have him show you the said damage. It will most likely turn into your word vs his word debacle. Fact is, neither of you were there the moment that tire was being taken off.
When you go with wider tires, it gets tricky finding a shop to dismount/mount. I just upgraded to 245/275 and neither Nissan nor Firestone could do it for me, for whatever reason.
Best of luck OP!